RF stat on Edit Rosters Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 3/12/2017 10:20:00 PM (view original):
It tracks assists and putouts per 9 innings. Higher is better.
#readingcomprehension
4/18/2017 10:10 AM
So you think it's better to be low?

End of discussion.
4/18/2017 10:58 AM
As stated 5 different ways, it doesn't matter in any way whatsoever whether a guy is high or low, dummy.
4/19/2017 1:16 PM
pj, showing a profound level of retardedness today.

Well done.
4/19/2017 1:35 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 4/19/2017 1:16:00 PM (view original):
As stated 5 different ways, it doesn't matter in any way whatsoever whether a guy is high or low, dummy.
Was it one of those long-winded posts I don't read? Fair enough.

But do you think low is better than high? Maths is hard but not that hard.
4/19/2017 2:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/19/2017 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pjfoster13 on 4/19/2017 1:16:00 PM (view original):
Was it one of those long-winded posts I don't read? Fair enough.

But do you think low is better than high? Maths is hard but not that hard.
"it doesn't matter in any way whatsoever whether a guy is high or low, dummy."

Saying that neither thing matters is not the same as saying that one is better than the other in either direction. I am not saying that, you are saying that I'm saying that. Your statement is a non sequitur, it's bad logic. You're either a profoundly stupid individual, or you're just trolling, or you're both.

Does it matter that George Wright has a 1.84 range factor in CF, compared to the league leader at 2.66 and the 25th place guy at 2.14? No. What matters is career .992 (1 error) and 2 plus plays in 625 innings (70ish games), and those things are determined by range, glove, arm. 92-83-88-90. Does his best with the opportunities he is given. Again, we base that on the given premise that NO TWO TEAMS HAVE IDENTICAL SAMPLES, and we know that is automatically, fundamentally true because every team has different pitchers and every team faces different hitters. It's not something that needs to be debated or proven or derived, it's plainly obvious. It's a law of the baseball universe, it is 100% true 100% of the time.

In George Wright's league, his pitchers are 5th in the ML in K/9 at 7.00, last place is 5.45. Therefore, only 20 remaining outs of volume get distributed between the other 8 positions, as opposed to 21.5 outs being distributed amongst fielders for the worst team in that category. Take a second and wrap your head around that concept. In addition, my team is first in GB/FB at 1.49 (league average 1.19), so those remaining 20 outs are skewing heavily to my infield and heavily away from my outfield, thus according to you and tec I have bad outfielders because "higher is better", when in reality my outfield is incredibly efficient

More outs =/= better fielder. For all the good that Bill James has done for sabermetrics, range factor is NOT one of those things. Completely meaningless. Convincing yourself I'm somehow an idiot doesn't make you objectively right. There's reasons why I'm a top 10 player on this site and every single one of my teams is .625+% and in first place, leading the league in pitching and fielding every single season. Those reasons are the same ones why you are not good at this despite being here for 10 years longer. Not rocket science. Basic concepts.
4/21/2017 12:29 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/17/2017 8:57:00 AM (view original):
pjfoster's posts need to be read within the context that he often dispels poor advice in these forums.
pjfoster's posts need to be read within the context that I'm one of the best players on the site
4/21/2017 12:31 PM
So I say "I don't read long-winded posts" and you respond long-windedly? OK, then.

I've said before I think you know what you're doing. I've also said some of your advice is terrible. This is one of those times.
4/21/2017 12:39 PM
◂ Prev 12
RF stat on Edit Rosters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.