Withdraw Scholarship Topic

I did not know that withdrawing a scholarship resets the progress you made unlocking actions via AP (and maybe blocks future actions?).

That sucks.

I had all actions opened up and was VH on a recruit. Withdrew the offer because I found a better option, and ended up losing him so I went back to the recruit and I am at 0% for everything including scholarship even though I have been putting effort into him I am still at 0% for everything. Lesson learned I guess.

3/11/2017 11:25 PM
You not only start over, but your renewed efforts probably won't accomplish squat. Find a different guy to recruit.
3/11/2017 11:31 PM
I have not withdrawn schollies often enuf to know - Spud is your statement based on a significant number of attempts with withdrawn schollies?
3/12/2017 12:24 PM
I would love to know if this is always the case. In my specific case, as mentioned before rescinding the schollie I had every action opened up and available and was VH. After rescinding I had 15 cycles of 5 AP (2 in the 2nd session) and 1 of 30 AP (in 2nd session) to try and try and open up the scholarship action but I am still at 0.

I have moved on from him.
3/12/2017 1:00 PM
Seble made it VERY difficult to sign a player after rescinding a scholarship offer. Not sure how much it'd take to get him but its meant to be nearly impossible.
3/12/2017 1:11 PM
Definitely just had a flashback moment to 2.0 I remember the days when you'd offer like seven or eight scholarships for 4 openings and then cross your fingers that the guys you wanted the most would sign, or rescinding an offer right before the signing period started lol.

Or forgetting you had too many out there and getting someone who you meant to rescind.
3/12/2017 1:14 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 3/12/2017 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Definitely just had a flashback moment to 2.0 I remember the days when you'd offer like seven or eight scholarships for 4 openings and then cross your fingers that the guys you wanted the most would sign, or rescinding an offer right before the signing period started lol.

Or forgetting you had too many out there and getting someone who you meant to rescind.
Yeah and that is exactly why I rescinded the scholarship because I really wanted the other guy but unfortunately lost a battle where I was 39%. If only I had re-read through the HD 3.0 guide:

RESCINDING A SCHOLARSHIP OFFER TO A RECRUIT:
If you rescind a scholarship offer, you pay a huge penalty. All of your recruiting actions will pretty much disappear on that player.
3/12/2017 1:19 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/12/2017 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Seble made it VERY difficult to sign a player after rescinding a scholarship offer. Not sure how much it'd take to get him but its meant to be nearly impossible.
I remember this as well.
3/12/2017 1:35 PM
Yeah Zooey hasn't been playing for three seasons.
3/12/2017 1:43 PM
Does the considering list still show that a scholarship was offered even after it has been withdrawn? I'm looking at a recruit that is a D1 prospect with an early signing preference. We are 4 cycles into the 2nd period and he hasn't signed with the D2 team even though the considering list still says "yes" on scholarship offer. Also, the team that offered has an opening. They are graduating 4 seniors and have only signed 3 guys.
4/12/2018 8:14 AM
It isn't always a case. I've rescinded a scholarship and still remained very high on a prospect. I've also rescinded and been able to make home visits and a campus visit.
4/12/2018 6:08 PM
Posted by tgblackw on 4/12/2018 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Does the considering list still show that a scholarship was offered even after it has been withdrawn? I'm looking at a recruit that is a D1 prospect with an early signing preference. We are 4 cycles into the 2nd period and he hasn't signed with the D2 team even though the considering list still says "yes" on scholarship offer. Also, the team that offered has an opening. They are graduating 4 seniors and have only signed 3 guys.
Was one of those seniors ineligible his freshman year? If so he is likely eligible for a 5th season.
4/12/2018 6:24 PM
Posted by mrslam34 on 4/12/2018 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tgblackw on 4/12/2018 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Was one of those seniors ineligible his freshman year? If so he is likely eligible for a 5th season.
That was it. Didn't think of that.
4/12/2018 7:50 PM
Withdraw Scholarship Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.