why we need firings. Topic

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=12830

This ghost ship at an A+ program hurts every team in the conference and the conference as a whole. Conference prestige has dropped, which hurts recruiting preferences. It's time Get this guy out of here!
3/12/2017 4:58 AM
firings have long been too low in my opinion
with departures at high DI schools as a result of 3.0 there now tend to be openings which has for now made that less urgent

the team you mention looks like a temporary 3.0 effect - some people who have seasons in hand who dont like the new game have just walked away - this will pass before WIS gets its act together to increase firings, eveni if they want to increase firings

my personal suggestion on firings has long been

1. increase firings a little
2. make hiring a little easier - maybe in last cycles of jobs process
3.give any fired coach a free season usable only in that world.

3/12/2017 5:55 AM
They need to make the job changing a bit easier. Get one half a letter lower in what you ask for.
3/12/2017 9:31 AM
Definitely agree with increasing firings, and if they were to do that sliiiiiiightly making it easier for getting D1 jobs. Like fd343ny said maybe the last few cycles.

But with both, no drastic changes (not that wis is known to do that). No letting someone with 1 nt in d2 jump straight to an elite in D1.
3/12/2017 10:22 AM
Firings is a terrible solution. It's a last resort, no other option kind of thing.

I have minimum win rules in the two HBD worlds I commish. People miss them, they get "fired". They don't just take a new team in another world. They play with one less team. I'm forced to believe that's what would happen with a "fired" HD coach. HD needs more users not less.
3/12/2017 10:41 AM
I am not for firing also except at b6 schools and I would make it easy to decide : C- prestige and you are gone. If you take over, you have 10 seasons before it's in action.
3/12/2017 10:44 AM
I would be okay with firings for D1 schools and in some cases D2 schools.

Something like 5 full losing seasons in a row gets you fired at D1. If you can't get one .500 season or better in that time frame you need a new start
It's a low bar but it gives a chance to build a team for most and maybe moves the developing talented coaches to move to conferences less filled.

If it is a person just burning credits that hasn't made a change to their team in 7 plus seasons they are fired in D1/D2 and dropped a division until they reach D3 where they can burn out their time.
3/12/2017 11:27 AM
Posted by droussel4 on 3/12/2017 4:58:00 AM (view original):
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=12830

This ghost ship at an A+ program hurts every team in the conference and the conference as a whole. Conference prestige has dropped, which hurts recruiting preferences. It's time Get this guy out of here!
Same thing for his Duke team in Phelan
3/12/2017 1:25 PM
If you contact CS they can remove coaches that are ghosting-it's been done before.
3/12/2017 1:34 PM
Thanks darnoc
3/12/2017 10:42 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/12/2017 10:44:00 AM (view original):
I am not for firing also except at b6 schools and I would make it easy to decide : C- prestige and you are gone. If you take over, you have 10 seasons before it's in action.
I think it should be based on the school. C- at Hawaii and C- at Duke are different.If you are at C- at Duke you should have already been fired.
3/13/2017 12:27 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 3/12/2017 1:34:00 PM (view original):
If you contact CS they can remove coaches that are ghosting-it's been done before.
how can WIS tell that someone is ghosting v someone who is doing an experiment to see what the SIM would do? they paid for the seasons
3/13/2017 5:56 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 3/13/2017 5:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 3/12/2017 1:34:00 PM (view original):
how can WIS tell that someone is ghosting v someone who is doing an experiment to see what the SIM would do? they paid for the seasons
They can probably see if they've logged in over the past month or whatever.
3/13/2017 6:15 AM
They can. Because abandoned teams are a real issue in HBD, they added last log in date to the standings page.
3/13/2017 7:06 AM
at the least firings should ramp up for schools in the ~A baseline range.

IMO no reason to fire outside of big 6 schools, though. for D2 or D3, i don't see the point in firing at all.

adding the last active date like in HBD would be interesting information!
3/13/2017 9:04 AM
1234 Next ▸
why we need firings. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.