why we need firings. Topic

Posted by Benis on 3/13/2017 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 4:39:00 PM (view original):
I can assume it. I already detailed why. When a user misses a minimum win rule in my HBD worlds, they don't just grab another team. They play with one less team.

It's nothing about ego. It's about building a team and having that team taken away from you. It's similar to losing EE and being unable to recover. Except you're losing your team not the ability to compete for a title next season..

Firings are the worst idea ever. Last resort. It should be so difficult to be fired that you almost have to try. But, if it has to be done, there should be buzzers, whistles and bells BEFORE a user takes a team where he could be fired. That way, he absolutely knows it's possible.
"firings are the worst idea ever"

I feel the same way about term limits.
I feel the same way about "lets convince and advise admins of the game to change something" Without playing division 1 and no tournament appearances in 3.0
3/13/2017 6:23 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 3/12/2017 1:34:00 PM (view original):
If you contact CS they can remove coaches that are ghosting-it's been done before.
I did submit a ticket about zooey and CS told me there are no rules that allow them to remove him for being absent. But they did say he is not currently renewed for next season for either Duke or UCONN.
3/13/2017 9:07 PM
I can assume it. I already detailed why. When a user misses a minimum win rule in my HBD worlds, they don't just grab another team. They play with one less team.

It's nothing about ego. It's about building a team and having that team taken away from you. It's similar to losing EE and being unable to recover. Except you're losing your team not the ability to compete for a title next season..

Firings are the worst idea ever. Last resort. It should be so difficult to be fired that you almost have to try. But, if it has to be done, there should be buzzers, whistles and bells BEFORE a user takes a team where he could be fired. That way, he absolutely knows it's possible.

I've already said term limits are a terrible idea. Maybe 2nd worst idea ever. Taking teams from coaches is not a good thing for retention.
3/14/2017 9:28 AM
Minimum win rules were started to prevent teams from going 40-122 to get the first pick. But the main reason I started them was to prevent owners from going 2-22 to finish the season. That affects playoff races far more than the guy who goes 10-30 every 40 games.
3/14/2017 9:31 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/13/2017 6:23:00 PM (view original):

I feel the same way about "lets convince and advise admins of the game to change something" Without playing division 1 and no tournament appearances in 3.0
dang wardo straight for the throat.

I'm gonna pull a spud/mike +1 this and repost this whenever Mike Spud or someother imposter of a coach tries to talk crap

Who would've guessed wardo would have one of the most simplistic and witty responses I've seen
3/14/2017 12:17 PM
I would like it if firings were ramped up. Part of the reason I haven't spent too much time in D1 is because some grabs UNC or UCLA and sits on them for decades.

It was previously mentioned that fired coaches could be entitled to a free season? Why? What is so unjust about having to perform to maintain prestigious jobs?
3/14/2017 12:20 PM
You would not like it if you were fired.
3/14/2017 12:24 PM
Posted by ab90 on 3/14/2017 12:20:00 PM (view original):
I would like it if firings were ramped up. Part of the reason I haven't spent too much time in D1 is because some grabs UNC or UCLA and sits on them for decades.

It was previously mentioned that fired coaches could be entitled to a free season? Why? What is so unjust about having to perform to maintain prestigious jobs?
Poor little spud and mike wouldn't be able to keep their jobs though and would have to get the devs to force a new update where every is given a roster of the same talent and no coaching input where the results are decided entirely random but each person's screen shows them winning every game and going 35-0 each season.

We can't let little ole billy grab UNC with nothing but 20 seasons of 1st round losses on their resume and then maintain them at a lovely B- prestige. Imagine how hurt he would get if he found out he sucked!

Gotta have our safe spaces.
3/14/2017 12:24 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 3/13/2017 9:07:00 PM (view original):
If you contact CS they can remove coaches that are ghosting-it's been done before.
I did submit a ticket about zooey and CS told me there are no rules that allow them to remove him for being absent. But they did say he is not currently renewed for next season for either Duke or UCONN.
I'm 110% positive there is precedent for removing ghosting owners. It's possible it was when a different regime was running things, but it's definitely been done before.
3/14/2017 2:21 PM
I may not remember the exact name but darnoc is right or we are in shared psychosis where we are both wrong here.

I'm pretty sure it was another big coach who was removed last time it happened. I want to say it was joehof?
3/14/2017 2:29 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 3/14/2017 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by indiansrck27 on 3/13/2017 9:07:00 PM (view original):
I'm 110% positive there is precedent for removing ghosting owners. It's possible it was when a different regime was running things, but it's definitely been done before.
I imagine they won't do it mid-season. WifS HATES to do that under any circumstance. They could definitely change the auto-renew designation to prevent a ghost team from playing on in future seasons.
3/14/2017 2:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 12:24:00 PM (view original):
You would not like it if you were fired.
Maybe you would be a fireable candidate who'd get upset, but sure as heck ab has nothing to worry about ever being fired where he coaches lol
3/14/2017 2:36 PM
What about if your team has a B- Baseline or better and you win 5 or less games 2 seasons in a row you get removed from the coaching position? This kills ghost ships and people who are easily trying can stack non-conf in there favor to keep there job if they are in a big 6 conference. I understand some jobs like purdue and northwestern can be tough starts if you have a lit big 10.

Also wanted to add if you have to take a 3-4 week break from the game TBH I can auto pilot a season and get 10 wins so I don't use the excuse of life problems. I also come from a 1 game a day world so my seasons last 45 some days.
3/14/2017 2:51 PM
Overall I do want to say that the main issue here is people don't want to get aggressive and fire people but at the same time we are in agreeance that some sort of thing needs to be put in place for ghost shipping. I can tell we will never agree upon a good guideline for minimum standards for top echelon teams A- or better... However Whatif could start with getting something in place for ghost shipping.
3/14/2017 2:55 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 3/14/2017 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Overall I do want to say that the main issue here is people don't want to get aggressive and fire people but at the same time we are in agreeance that some sort of thing needs to be put in place for ghost shipping. I can tell we will never agree upon a good guideline for minimum standards for top echelon teams A- or better... However Whatif could start with getting something in place for ghost shipping.
Remove the auto-renew option. That probably solves 99% of all ghost issues.

But you get the guy who says "I was on vacation, forgot to re-up and lost my 27 season D1 team. Why was auto-renew removed?"
3/14/2017 2:57 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
why we need firings. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.