why we need firings. Topic

Yeh removing autorenew would cause probably at least 25-50% of people losing at least one team at least once
3/14/2017 3:01 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Yeh removing autorenew would cause probably at least 25-50% of people losing at least one team at least once
I like the auto renew option honestly, from what I saw it was requested for awhile. But why not just set a MWR for 5 games depending on baseline prestige. 5 games are not hard to win if you are legitimately playing the game. If you are not playing the game this would be hard to achieve, I'm also only suggesting this for higher up teams in D1. Teams it would take over a year of whatif playing to reach.
3/14/2017 3:06 PM
I repeat "Firings are a terrible idea." If you don't want ghosts, don't allow auto-renew. If you want to fire active users, you're telling me HD doesn't need users. Because the fired guy doesn't just take another team. He likely throws a forum bitchfit and quits.
3/14/2017 3:11 PM
5 games are hard to win when you take over Illinois that doesn't even have a roster that could compete on a middle school level, 0-27 here I come since it's pointless to even bother when best case scenario I manage to win 1 maybe 2 games by some miracle.

I would assume a cushion for those situations were unwritten but planned? Otherwise job movement would somehow be less incentivized than it already is
3/14/2017 3:12 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 3:13:00 PM (view original):
5 games are hard to win when you take over Illinois that doesn't even have a roster that could compete on a middle school level, 0-27 here I come since it's pointless to even bother when best case scenario I manage to win 1 maybe 2 games by some miracle.

I would assume a cushion for those situations were unwritten but planned? Otherwise job movement would somehow be less incentivized than it already is
Negative, you stack the non-conf for next season. The Sims AI's recruit much better than they used to. So you will have at least a quarter of a roster, So you stack a cupcake non-conf and your fine. There are plenty of awful D- SIM AI teams even a half of a D2 roster could beat. There really is no reason why a actual human coach cannot win 5 games a season at Illinois.

Like I said you aren't playing the game if you cant win 5 games at a top program.
3/14/2017 3:14 PM
You don't set your first season schedule.
3/14/2017 3:16 PM
To further my point looking at Illinois in Smith the lowest seasons a human coach had was 10-17 between season 42 and 44 when it looks like a human coach went ghost ship from season 41-44 and dropped off the team. They went from A+ to B during this period... The only time the team dipped under 10 wins was under AI control... Even an auto pilot coach in this case won over 5 games...

Response to MikeT -- I said 2 consecutive seasons, you do set you second seasons schedule... That is why I said that...
3/14/2017 3:19 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 3/14/2017 3:20:00 PM (view original):
To further my point looking at Illinois in Smith the lowest seasons a human coach had was 10-17 between season 42 and 44 when it looks like a human coach went ghost ship from season 41-44 and dropped off the team. They went from A+ to B during this period... The only time the team dipped under 10 wins was under AI control... Even an auto pilot coach in this case won over 5 games...

Response to MikeT -- I said 2 consecutive seasons, you do set you second seasons schedule... That is why I said that...
I am more than confident that If I am given any roster from D- D3 to A+ D1 I can win 5 games within 2 seasons. If you are actually playing the game, you will win over 5 games...
3/14/2017 3:24 PM
Think of the excitement of going into that final game with 4 wins knowing it's a must win game. WOW!!!

Terrible idea. I'm done repeating why.
3/14/2017 3:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Think of the excitement of going into that final game with 4 wins knowing it's a must win game. WOW!!!

Terrible idea. I'm done repeating why.
Your thinking as if this going to effect an active coach. It won't, do some research and go look at the hardest jobs in D1. The rule im talking about only comes in effect right before coach ships happen.

Indiana the coach turned over a season after this rule would of kicked him...
Northwestern had a coach ghost ship for 5 seasons and it wouldn't of even touched him...
(I reference big 10 a lot because I like that conference and am familiar with it)

But seriously do the research and think about it, an active coach will be unaffected by a 5 MWR... its crazy that 5 wins is considered hard...
3/14/2017 3:35 PM
I think there is a middle ground here - no firings if its your first 2 seasons on the job, and after that its a 5 win cut off
3/14/2017 4:03 PM
Posted by benrudy on 3/14/2017 4:03:00 PM (view original):
I think there is a middle ground here - no firings if its your first 2 seasons on the job, and after that its a 5 win cut off
Only problem with the 5 win cutoff is if you're in your second rebuilding phase around year 3 or 4 and you coach at a school like Hawaii playing in a stacked PAC 10, getting those 5 wins could be challenging. Even harder if you're at a D- prestige school trying to rebuild, since the nonconf wins would be harder to come by. The requirements should be based on each individual school, baseline prestige and the prestige from when you took over the program.
3/14/2017 4:18 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/14/2017 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by benrudy on 3/14/2017 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Only problem with the 5 win cutoff is if you're in your second rebuilding phase around year 3 or 4 and you coach at a school like Hawaii playing in a stacked PAC 10, getting those 5 wins could be challenging. Even harder if you're at a D- prestige school trying to rebuild, since the nonconf wins would be harder to come by. The requirements should be based on each individual school, baseline prestige and the prestige from when you took over the program.
Well the 5 win cutoff is for 2 consecutive seasons. Not just 1 season as that does happen and teams have bad seasons.
3/14/2017 5:38 PM
◂ Prev 1234
why we need firings. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.