Posted by fd343ny on 3/16/2017 2:55:00 PM (view original):
so you mean that human coaches would get ahead of SIMs

and that is a problem because?

those SIMs are unlikely to be paying customers
They want the Sim teams to be more desirable for coaches to want to take over.
3/17/2017 9:55 AM
"It gives new coaches the chance to learn a little about what's necessary before actually signing guys."

Exactly, sloth.

The argument that a guy comes in and tries to recruit fresh out of the egg, doesn't know shyte from Shinola, has a recruiting disaster, a thoroughly sour experience in every way ... and loves it so much he comes back for more??? Laughable. The website would be full of masochists. Certainly not sufficient reason to spend a lot of programming effort when real problems need addressing.
3/17/2017 11:25 AM
You guys realized that you all started HD under the same circumstances right? You recruited 'right out the egg' (what an idiotic expression) and stuck around.
3/17/2017 11:58 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/17/2017 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/16/2017 8:32:00 PM (view original):
I already responded to the "recruiting disaster" scenario.

The screw it up royally without really knowing they're screwing up recruiting. But they enjoyed the experience of getting, and playing, "their guys". Maybe they stick with that team. But, if they don't, they can take a a different team and start anew. Plenty of openings.

If they don't enjoy anything about HD, because they're not getting the full experience, they disappear.

This is so uncomplicated.
Recruiting disaster resolved.

So stop acting like someone recruiting bad players is stuck in hell for four seasons and, rather than stick it out, just disappears.

There are a lot of openings if one felt the need to change teams after a "recruiting disaster". A LOT OF OPENINGS.
Yeah, MIke, I've seen this post of yours a lot. It says, "... a guy comes in and tries to recruit fresh out of the egg, doesn't know shyte from Shinola, has a recruiting disaster, a thoroughly sour experience in every way ... and loves it so much he comes back for more." I get your argument. They love it so much that they get a new team in order to repeat the experience. That's totally logical.
3/17/2017 2:48 PM
the worst guys a new person might recruit using basic logic are about equivalent to what the sim will pick for you anyway.
3/17/2017 3:19 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 3/17/2017 3:20:00 PM (view original):
the worst guys a new person might recruit using basic logic are about equivalent to what the sim will pick for you anyway.
Exactly. Might as well get the experience and maybe have some fun doing it yourself. There isn't any downside. They should make this change ASAP.
3/17/2017 3:21 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/17/2017 2:48:00 PM (view original):

The screw it up royally without really knowing they're screwing up recruiting. But they enjoyed the experience of getting, and playing, "their guys". Maybe they stick with that team. But, if they don't, they can take a a different team and start anew. Plenty of openings.

If they don't enjoy anything about HD, because they're not getting the full experience, they disappear.

So stop acting like someone recruiting bad players is stuck in hell for four seasons and, rather than stick it out, just disappears.

There are a lot of openings if one felt the need to change teams after a "recruiting disaster". A LOT OF OPENINGS.
Yeah, MIke, I've seen this post of yours a lot. It says, "... a guy comes in and tries to recruit fresh out of the egg, doesn't know shyte from Shinola, has a recruiting disaster, a thoroughly sour experience in every way ... and loves it so much he comes back for more." I get your argument. They love it so much that they get a new team in order to repeat the experience. That's totally logical.
Or they LEARN something about recruiting and decide to put it to good use.
3/17/2017 3:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/17/2017 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/17/2017 2:48:00 PM (view original):

Or they LEARN something about recruiting and decide to put it to good use.
It's seems that spud only sees things his way.

3/17/2017 3:32 PM
No, it seems a lot of people are into masochism but don't want to admit it. The more sour the initial experience, the better, according to them.
3/17/2017 4:30 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/17/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
No, it seems a lot of people are into masochism but don't want to admit it. The more sour the initial experience, the better, according to them.
Why do you insist that the initial experience would be sour? Do you have such a low opinion of n00bs that you think they can't possibly be anything more than drooling idiots who are unwilling or unable to take chances and possibly learn from mistakes?
3/17/2017 4:50 PM
Let's be real, tecwrg. Mike's giving about all the nonsense and antagonism one thread needs. Recruiting fresh out of the egg gives them less opportunity to learn than the current system, a less-informed experience, groping in the dark, call it whatever you want. The fact remains that the current system gives them more learning opportunity before they have to try to recruit than recruiting fresh out of the egg would. That's a simple truism that seems to get stuck in someone's craw.
3/17/2017 6:27 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/17/2017 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Let's be real, tecwrg. Mike's giving about all the nonsense and antagonism one thread needs. Recruiting fresh out of the egg gives them less opportunity to learn than the current system, a less-informed experience, groping in the dark, call it whatever you want. The fact remains that the current system gives them more learning opportunity before they have to try to recruit than recruiting fresh out of the egg would. That's a simple truism that seems to get stuck in someone's craw.
Youbare talking to yourself now.
3/17/2017 6:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/17/2017 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Are you capable of posting in this thread without using the phrase "fresh out of the egg"?

I'm just finishing my third season in Smith. I just started my first season in Rupp. Similar to Mike, we both started at the same time in 3.0. Except where he had prior experience in 1.0, I only had a single (free) season some time ago.

Even after playing my first full season in Smith, in which I went through a full R1 and R2 session, I know that I screwed up recruiting. This may be a shock to you, but I didn't curl up into the fetal position, cry, and abandon the game. I learned from what I did wrong. I did marginally better my second season, but still look back and see that I was far from optimal. It wasn't until this third season that I finally feel like I know what I want and need to do.

You seem to be stuck in this "OMG, it would be a disaster" mode of thinking. YOU. ARE. WRONG.

Maybe for YOU, it would have been a disaster in YOUR first season. Others are capable of putting on their big boy pants, learning, and persevering.
3/17/2017 7:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.