Beating the Coach Hiring system? Topic

So there are multiple good coaches available with zero interested franchises. Of course, they reject the minimum salary offer I give them, but if nobody will end up hiring them, won't I default hire from the best available coaches at the end of the coach hiring process?
3/12/2017 7:30 PM
Not necessarily. I haven't figured how the auto-hire system picks what coaches you get if you leave it all alone, but I wouldn't assume you get the best available or even close to it for minimum salary. (At one time, based on a number of hires I saw, I thought it chooses from coaches who weren't employed in the prior season, but I can't confirm that wasn't just an isolated trend.)

Wait till the final day of coach hiring. Keep an eye on remaining openings in your world, while you're at it. I've usually had luck sending out lowball offers - but not minimum salary ones - for the 11 AM cycle of the final day.

3/12/2017 7:45 PM
got it, thanks for the advice. I'll give that a shot
3/13/2017 8:09 AM
Beating the Coach Hiring system? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.