From the FAQ:
Q: Why do I keep losing players early to the draft?
A: When you are recruiting the elite level players, losing them early to the NBA is part of the game and should be factored into your recruiting strategy.
3/14/2017 1:08 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 12:51:00 PM (view original):
That's the problem, crabby. A vocal minority want the game to work they way they think it should work. They're playing the same way and, every 6 weeks, come back to complain about how the game plays like they didn't have the same problem 6 weeks ago.

And WifS doesn't help by stating "We're working on it."
Whats sad is, it used to be fun coming to the forums to get info on strategies other coaches use or employ...now its just complaining.
3/14/2017 1:32 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 12:56:00 PM (view original):
It is a known fact and people think its one that is unrealistic and dumb.

I don't know if you have ever played D1 competitively but feel free to go ahead and build a team around 1-2 EE players and fill out a team with other players. I'll give you a hint it isn't going to work well.

Everyone is in the same boat, it just happens to be completely random that 2 identical teams could be hit with 3 EE's and 0 EE"s where the first ends up being much much worse next season while the 2nd team ends up being the NC favorite. There was no skill no nothing just straight luck on how it's determined who is hit with EE's and not. it's completely random, impossible to predict and can take a team from NC contenders to being knocked out in the 1st or even not even making the NT.

Except you aren't seeing what coaches are the best at making the most of only having 1-2 studs, you still have a majority of coaches aiming for majority EE caliber players and then the RNG decimating some of those with EE"s while leaving others alone so randomly the same strategy turns 1 team into trash and the other is gonna make a deep run.

If EE's were replaceable most of the time with good talent and it wasn't completely random how EE's were selected then you might start to see coaches who are actually really nice and not just everyone going after the same recruits and letting RNG decide who gets to have a strong returning team next season and who doesn't.
Not sure what you call competitively, but am currently building one D1 program (made NT last season and will be better these upcoming seasons) and starting up another D1 program.

Nothing you said is wrong, I agree it sucks and it seems completely random...but we all know this. There is literally nothing we can do about it, other than to stop playing if its so upsetting.

So Ill say it again, we have choices, either go for the EE types and possibly get burned...or dont go for those types and build a different style team and try to win that way. Everyone is in the same boat, and we all make choices. If you get burned, it sucks, but thats the route you took. If you go the EE route and dont get burned, good for you also as it worked in your favor.
3/14/2017 1:36 PM
It's funny its actually a vocal minority who like the game the way it is set up. I think we have what maybe best case 10 coaches who actively support and voice their support of the game with little to no changes necessary in its current form.

It used to be more fun when the game wasn't so random and the forums were filled with trolls like Mike.

I'd bet most of the coaches who are still good at the game and are actually capable of offering strategies would be less than willing to help someone with that post history because we couldn't give a crap whether or not those types of people are successful.

They've divided into basically 2 groups and no group really wants to help the other besides the group that thinks they are good and understand the game shove useless advice into anyone that makes anything that can be taken as a complaint.

Why would I want to discuss strategy and help someone when all they do is tell me shut up and stop complaining about the frustrating and unintelligent parts of 3.0 while still not being successful at 3.0

I don't see someone like lakevin or mully(since Mike wants to point them out for calling themselves good coaches who have problems with 3.0) offering help to someone like you. I see someone like spud, mike, or other people who know who they are but will get pissy if I call them out offering intelligent advice to people who are better than them
3/14/2017 1:43 PM (edited)
Posted by crabman26 on 3/14/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):

I don't know if you have ever played D1 competitively but feel free to go ahead and build a team around 1-2 EE players and fill out a team with other players. I'll give you a hint it isn't going to work well.

Everyone is in the same boat, it just happens to be completely random that 2 identical teams could be hit with 3 EE's and 0 EE"s where the first ends up being much much worse next season while the 2nd team ends up being the NC favorite. There was no skill no nothing just straight luck on how it's determined who is hit with EE's and not. it's completely random, impossible to predict and can take a team from NC contenders to being knocked out in the 1st or even not even making the NT.

Except you aren't seeing what coaches are the best at making the most of only having 1-2 studs, you still have a majority of coaches aiming for majority EE caliber players and then the RNG decimating some of those with EE"s while leaving others alone so randomly the same strategy turns 1 team into trash and the other is gonna make a deep run.

If EE's were replaceable most of the time with good talent and it wasn't completely random how EE's were selected then you might start to see coaches who are actually really nice and not just everyone going after the same recruits and letting RNG decide who gets to have a strong returning team next season and who doesn't.
Not sure what you call competitively, but am currently building one D1 program (made NT last season and will be better these upcoming seasons) and starting up another D1 program.

Nothing you said is wrong, I agree it sucks and it seems completely random...but we all know this. There is literally nothing we can do about it, other than to stop playing if its so upsetting.

So Ill say it again, we have choices, either go for the EE types and possibly get burned...or dont go for those types and build a different style team and try to win that way. Everyone is in the same boat, and we all make choices. If you get burned, it sucks, but thats the route you took. If you go the EE route and dont get burned, good for you also as it worked in your favor.
There is something we can do and we can voice our complaints. Heck don't even have to voice them sometimes it's just nice to vent, but then Mike or spud have to come in with their crap.

Your GWU is nothing special even consider it's a rebuild, I'll say it's better than some other coaches who support 3.0 I won't name since they'd report me since it affects their safe space. You don't have EE you haven't got a team that is built up of 1-2 studs and some regular players. You just think its possible to do that but you have no personal experience besides your observation.

Graet we have two choices everyone knows that people complaining aren't obtuse, those same coaches complaining are still winning so it's not coaches who were good being knocked off and complaining being knocked off, or even the fact they are being knocked off its the unintelligent way they were slightly lowered and how HD works, not the bs motive people like Mike and Spud promote about want to go back to claiming players and having no competition.

Since mike wants to point out Lakevin and Mully, I'll try to and say something for people like them. Anyone is fine if their team can't win 5 star recruits every single season and win a title every single season, everyone knew that was unrealstic and changes were always pushed for. However if it made sense and wasn't such luck dependant and we got to the point where an A+ team can be competive and not deal with frustrating things such as losing to D3 or D2 losing an EE who was likely staying or losing a 74-26 chance I bet those guys and others would be fine with the game even if they couldn't win a title ever seasona nd play with 99 ath players at their 3rd backup spots. it's the way it's done not the overall outcome people are upset about which is something yall dont understand. We know how the game works, 99% of the time better than the people telling us stop complaining.
3/14/2017 1:53 PM
Posted by crabman26 on 3/14/2017 1:32:00 PM (view original):
That's the problem, crabby. A vocal minority want the game to work they way they think it should work. They're playing the same way and, every 6 weeks, come back to complain about how the game plays like they didn't have the same problem 6 weeks ago.

Whats sad is, it used to be fun coming to the forums to get info on strategies other coaches use or employ...now its just complaining.
You can still get answers. There are plenty who will offer advice. You just have to hope you get it before coachspud or coachward replies. CS's response will lead to a quick appearance from cjmully and he'll derail the thread insulting spud. Others will join him. CW's response will turn the thread to complete nonsense.

But it truly is the worst. If I were a new owner coming here for help, I'd never play a 2nd season.
3/14/2017 1:56 PM
Well obviously when people have spent years into a game they become attached and care about it, (insert mike making fun of someone for being glad to play and be good at an online game) If we did a poll right now I would bet Mike would be the most disliked coach on the forums and followed by Spud and then me. Which is why things get heated.

I'll state it again, why would someone good at the game with problems who gets told to shut up all the time want to discuss strategies with someone that person that tells them to shut up. even if it was kept civil at least for me and pretty sure since it hasn't happened there is sure as hell no way I'm going to help someone like mike/spud or anyone other of the people you want to lump into their group even the less extreme ones regardless of the civility of the thread

And if the game has noticeable problems you have to expect there will be those that complain about it.
3/14/2017 1:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crabman26 on 3/14/2017 1:32:00 PM (view original):

You can still get answers. There are plenty who will offer advice. You just have to hope you get it before coachspud or coachward replies. CS's response will lead to a quick appearance from cjmully and he'll derail the thread insulting spud. Others will join him. CW's response will turn the thread to complete nonsense.

But it truly is the worst. If I were a new owner coming here for help, I'd never play a 2nd season.
You also have to hope mike doesn't respond to it since he doesn't understand the game and attracts trolls like any mully or lakevin post attracts trolls.

CS reponse will take a bit to get an answer it won't help much if any unless it's an extrememly basic answer and then rightfully so is made fun of mully.

Except Mike already committed and has paid for a 2nd season, yet again another hypocritical post.

"I won't pay for a second season after coming here for help even though I just came here for help and now multiple seasons in"
3/14/2017 2:02 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 1:43:00 PM (view original):
It's funny its actually a vocal minority who like the game the way it is set up. I think we have what maybe best case 10 coaches who actively support and voice their support of the game with little to no changes necessary in its current form.

It used to be more fun when the game wasn't so random and the forums were filled with trolls like Mike.

I'd bet most of the coaches who are still good at the game and are actually capable of offering strategies would be less than willing to help someone with that post history because we couldn't give a crap whether or not those types of people are successful.

They've divided into basically 2 groups and no group really wants to help the other besides the group that thinks they are good and understand the game shove useless advice into anyone that makes anything that can be taken as a complaint.

Why would I want to discuss strategy and help someone when all they do is tell me shut up and stop complaining about the frustrating and unintelligent parts of 3.0 while still not being successful at 3.0

I don't see someone like lakevin or mully(since Mike wants to point them out for calling themselves good coaches who have problems with 3.0) offering help to someone like you. I see someone like spud, mike, or other people who know who they are but will get pissy if I call them out offering intelligent advice to people who are better than them
"Vocal minority" like the game the way it's set up. Let's unpack this.

What you you mean is, of the people masochistic enough to actually follow the forums, most of them have something to b!tch about. Sure. That's universally true of Internet forums. Satisfied customers don't actively seek out forums to commiserate. But that's not representative of the set of players who play the game, the vast majority of whom rarely, if ever venture to the forums. Hardly anyone thinks the game is perfect, and there's no such thing, objectively speaking, anyway. The game caters to the tastes of some. It doesn't cater to the tastes of others.

The rest of this rant is garbage, and really not worth responding to.
3/14/2017 2:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Or this trollclown. He has offered good advice but you have to put up with everything else. No thanks.
Says the trollclown who has offered useless advice and still have to deal with everything else. No thanks
3/14/2017 2:05 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/14/2017 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 1:43:00 PM (view original):

"Vocal minority" like the game the way it's set up. Let's unpack this.

What you you mean is, of the people masochistic enough to actually follow the forums, most of them have something to b!tch about. Sure. That's universally true of Internet forums. Satisfied customers don't actively seek out forums to commiserate. But that's not representative of the set of players who play the game, the vast majority of whom rarely, if ever venture to the forums. Hardly anyone thinks the game is perfect, and there's no such thing, objectively speaking, anyway. The game caters to the tastes of some. It doesn't cater to the tastes of others.

The rest of this rant is garbage, and really not worth responding to.
Well the population numbers don't help that argument and I didn't know we are considering everyone who doesn't post a 3.0 supporter to inflate our numbers? What about the people who have problems with the game, but just don't voice them? Do we just ignore them and pretend people like that don't exist? What about the people who were in support vocally on the forums but then stopped and realized 3.0 had major flaw and didn't post them I've seen multiple posts in conference chats like that. No one is going to come out and admit they were wrong like that either. Then you have the people who are never going to post and the people who don't care and are going to play regardless without comparing the versions.

See I can bring up a bunch of other types of people like you can.

That post was mostly garbage like most of the others and I responded to it.

3/14/2017 2:10 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crabman26 on 3/14/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):

There is something we can do and we can voice our complaints. Heck don't even have to voice them sometimes it's just nice to vent, but then Mike or spud have to come in with their crap.

Your GWU is nothing special even consider it's a rebuild, I'll say it's better than some other coaches who support 3.0 I won't name since they'd report me since it affects their safe space. You don't have EE you haven't got a team that is built up of 1-2 studs and some regular players. You just think its possible to do that but you have no personal experience besides your observation.

Graet we have two choices everyone knows that people complaining aren't obtuse, those same coaches complaining are still winning so it's not coaches who were good being knocked off and complaining being knocked off, or even the fact they are being knocked off its the unintelligent way they were slightly lowered and how HD works, not the bs motive people like Mike and Spud promote about want to go back to claiming players and having no competition.

Since mike wants to point out Lakevin and Mully, I'll try to and say something for people like them. Anyone is fine if their team can't win 5 star recruits every single season and win a title every single season, everyone knew that was unrealstic and changes were always pushed for. However if it made sense and wasn't such luck dependant and we got to the point where an A+ team can be competive and not deal with frustrating things such as losing to D3 or D2 losing an EE who was likely staying or losing a 74-26 chance I bet those guys and others would be fine with the game even if they couldn't win a title ever seasona nd play with 99 ath players at their 3rd backup spots. it's the way it's done not the overall outcome people are upset about which is something yall dont understand. We know how the game works, 99% of the time better than the people telling us stop complaining.
Listen, I never said I support 3.0. There are things I like better about it and there are things I miss about 2.0. I have to deal with it just like everyone else. I also never said my GWU team was anything special. Im not here to debate whether or not I am a good coach. These points have nothing to do with anything.

Eh, its not worth it and tiring already...Im not your enemy and Im not arguing against whatever you are saying, Im just saying there is literally nothing we can do about it. People have been ranting on these forums ever since 3.0 has rolled out and what exactly has happened? Has anything come of it? You either accept what 3.0 is and try to deal with it, or stop paying to play since its so upsetting.

Everyone gets razzed so easily on these forums, its funny.

It is possible to have civil disagreements, bathtubhippo, shoe and a few others are examples of people who can articulate their points without devolving the conversation.
3/14/2017 2:14 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Or this trollclown. He has offered good advice but you have to put up with everything else. No thanks.

Edit: Obviously I was referring to 0nly. Shoe has been one of the helpful users.
Yeh shoe has a bunch of useful posts I'm really utilizing all the advice he's given out. Why don't you link some good advice of his that you use, better yet why isn't he using that useful advice? If he had useful advice why wouldn't he use it I don't see any of that wonderful advice being used by him besides his D2 team.

3/14/2017 2:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.