Posted by crabman26 on 3/14/2017 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crabman26 on 3/14/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 12:56:00 PM (view original):
It is a known fact and people think its one that is unrealistic and dumb.

I don't know if you have ever played D1 competitively but feel free to go ahead and build a team around 1-2 EE players and fill out a team with other players. I'll give you a hint it isn't going to work well.

Everyone is in the same boat, it just happens to be completely random that 2 identical teams could be hit with 3 EE's and 0 EE"s where the first ends up being much much worse next season while the 2nd team ends up being the NC favorite. There was no skill no nothing just straight luck on how it's determined who is hit with EE's and not. it's completely random, impossible to predict and can take a team from NC contenders to being knocked out in the 1st or even not even making the NT.

Except you aren't seeing what coaches are the best at making the most of only having 1-2 studs, you still have a majority of coaches aiming for majority EE caliber players and then the RNG decimating some of those with EE"s while leaving others alone so randomly the same strategy turns 1 team into trash and the other is gonna make a deep run.

If EE's were replaceable most of the time with good talent and it wasn't completely random how EE's were selected then you might start to see coaches who are actually really nice and not just everyone going after the same recruits and letting RNG decide who gets to have a strong returning team next season and who doesn't.
Not sure what you call competitively, but am currently building one D1 program (made NT last season and will be better these upcoming seasons) and starting up another D1 program.

Nothing you said is wrong, I agree it sucks and it seems completely random...but we all know this. There is literally nothing we can do about it, other than to stop playing if its so upsetting.

So Ill say it again, we have choices, either go for the EE types and possibly get burned...or dont go for those types and build a different style team and try to win that way. Everyone is in the same boat, and we all make choices. If you get burned, it sucks, but thats the route you took. If you go the EE route and dont get burned, good for you also as it worked in your favor.
There is something we can do and we can voice our complaints. Heck don't even have to voice them sometimes it's just nice to vent, but then Mike or spud have to come in with their crap.

Your GWU is nothing special even consider it's a rebuild, I'll say it's better than some other coaches who support 3.0 I won't name since they'd report me since it affects their safe space. You don't have EE you haven't got a team that is built up of 1-2 studs and some regular players. You just think its possible to do that but you have no personal experience besides your observation.

Graet we have two choices everyone knows that people complaining aren't obtuse, those same coaches complaining are still winning so it's not coaches who were good being knocked off and complaining being knocked off, or even the fact they are being knocked off its the unintelligent way they were slightly lowered and how HD works, not the bs motive people like Mike and Spud promote about want to go back to claiming players and having no competition.

Since mike wants to point out Lakevin and Mully, I'll try to and say something for people like them. Anyone is fine if their team can't win 5 star recruits every single season and win a title every single season, everyone knew that was unrealstic and changes were always pushed for. However if it made sense and wasn't such luck dependant and we got to the point where an A+ team can be competive and not deal with frustrating things such as losing to D3 or D2 losing an EE who was likely staying or losing a 74-26 chance I bet those guys and others would be fine with the game even if they couldn't win a title ever seasona nd play with 99 ath players at their 3rd backup spots. it's the way it's done not the overall outcome people are upset about which is something yall dont understand. We know how the game works, 99% of the time better than the people telling us stop complaining.
Listen, I never said I support 3.0. There are things I like better about it and there are things I miss about 2.0. I have to deal with it just like everyone else. I also never said my GWU team was anything special. Im not here to debate whether or not I am a good coach. These points have nothing to do with anything.

Eh, its not worth it and tiring already...Im not your enemy and Im not arguing against whatever you are saying, Im just saying there is literally nothing we can do about it. People have been ranting on these forums ever since 3.0 has rolled out and what exactly has happened? Has anything come of it? You either accept what 3.0 is and try to deal with it, or stop paying to play since its so upsetting.

Everyone gets razzed so easily on these forums, its funny.

It is possible to have civil disagreements, bathtubhippo, shoe and a few others are examples of people who can articulate their points without devolving the conversation.
Well you've joined an arguement on the side of those vocally in support of it. I would say everyone has that even the people with problems, noone hates 3.0 in every single manner of the way it is or even a majority of it for the most part.

I didn't really insult nor compliment your GWU I just said it wasn't anything special since I was talking about experiencing and understanding how D1 works and a rebuilding D1 team doesn't show that experience and ability to say oh just stop recruiting studs and bring in a bunch of role players. I mean technically I guess I insulted and complimented it at the same time.

Never said I was your enemy either. Some people just don't want to accept you can't do anything about it. People are still going to complain no matter what even if it does get fixed there will still be something new to complain about. People are allowed to complain there is no rule against it unknown to mike and spud.

I mean I wouldn't really call this an uncivil disagreement specifically between the posts directly between you and I.

The other conversations going on though I'll wait for someone to report me because I know some people have such rigid safe spaces.
3/14/2017 2:22 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 2:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crabman26 on 3/14/2017 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crabman26 on 3/14/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 12:56:00 PM (view original):
It is a known fact and people think its one that is unrealistic and dumb.

I don't know if you have ever played D1 competitively but feel free to go ahead and build a team around 1-2 EE players and fill out a team with other players. I'll give you a hint it isn't going to work well.

Everyone is in the same boat, it just happens to be completely random that 2 identical teams could be hit with 3 EE's and 0 EE"s where the first ends up being much much worse next season while the 2nd team ends up being the NC favorite. There was no skill no nothing just straight luck on how it's determined who is hit with EE's and not. it's completely random, impossible to predict and can take a team from NC contenders to being knocked out in the 1st or even not even making the NT.

Except you aren't seeing what coaches are the best at making the most of only having 1-2 studs, you still have a majority of coaches aiming for majority EE caliber players and then the RNG decimating some of those with EE"s while leaving others alone so randomly the same strategy turns 1 team into trash and the other is gonna make a deep run.

If EE's were replaceable most of the time with good talent and it wasn't completely random how EE's were selected then you might start to see coaches who are actually really nice and not just everyone going after the same recruits and letting RNG decide who gets to have a strong returning team next season and who doesn't.
Not sure what you call competitively, but am currently building one D1 program (made NT last season and will be better these upcoming seasons) and starting up another D1 program.

Nothing you said is wrong, I agree it sucks and it seems completely random...but we all know this. There is literally nothing we can do about it, other than to stop playing if its so upsetting.

So Ill say it again, we have choices, either go for the EE types and possibly get burned...or dont go for those types and build a different style team and try to win that way. Everyone is in the same boat, and we all make choices. If you get burned, it sucks, but thats the route you took. If you go the EE route and dont get burned, good for you also as it worked in your favor.
There is something we can do and we can voice our complaints. Heck don't even have to voice them sometimes it's just nice to vent, but then Mike or spud have to come in with their crap.

Your GWU is nothing special even consider it's a rebuild, I'll say it's better than some other coaches who support 3.0 I won't name since they'd report me since it affects their safe space. You don't have EE you haven't got a team that is built up of 1-2 studs and some regular players. You just think its possible to do that but you have no personal experience besides your observation.

Graet we have two choices everyone knows that people complaining aren't obtuse, those same coaches complaining are still winning so it's not coaches who were good being knocked off and complaining being knocked off, or even the fact they are being knocked off its the unintelligent way they were slightly lowered and how HD works, not the bs motive people like Mike and Spud promote about want to go back to claiming players and having no competition.

Since mike wants to point out Lakevin and Mully, I'll try to and say something for people like them. Anyone is fine if their team can't win 5 star recruits every single season and win a title every single season, everyone knew that was unrealstic and changes were always pushed for. However if it made sense and wasn't such luck dependant and we got to the point where an A+ team can be competive and not deal with frustrating things such as losing to D3 or D2 losing an EE who was likely staying or losing a 74-26 chance I bet those guys and others would be fine with the game even if they couldn't win a title ever seasona nd play with 99 ath players at their 3rd backup spots. it's the way it's done not the overall outcome people are upset about which is something yall dont understand. We know how the game works, 99% of the time better than the people telling us stop complaining.
Listen, I never said I support 3.0. There are things I like better about it and there are things I miss about 2.0. I have to deal with it just like everyone else. I also never said my GWU team was anything special. Im not here to debate whether or not I am a good coach. These points have nothing to do with anything.

Eh, its not worth it and tiring already...Im not your enemy and Im not arguing against whatever you are saying, Im just saying there is literally nothing we can do about it. People have been ranting on these forums ever since 3.0 has rolled out and what exactly has happened? Has anything come of it? You either accept what 3.0 is and try to deal with it, or stop paying to play since its so upsetting.

Everyone gets razzed so easily on these forums, its funny.

It is possible to have civil disagreements, bathtubhippo, shoe and a few others are examples of people who can articulate their points without devolving the conversation.
Well you've joined an arguement on the side of those vocally in support of it. I would say everyone has that even the people with problems, noone hates 3.0 in every single manner of the way it is or even a majority of it for the most part.

I didn't really insult nor compliment your GWU I just said it wasn't anything special since I was talking about experiencing and understanding how D1 works and a rebuilding D1 team doesn't show that experience and ability to say oh just stop recruiting studs and bring in a bunch of role players. I mean technically I guess I insulted and complimented it at the same time.

Never said I was your enemy either. Some people just don't want to accept you can't do anything about it. People are still going to complain no matter what even if it does get fixed there will still be something new to complain about. People are allowed to complain there is no rule against it unknown to mike and spud.

I mean I wouldn't really call this an uncivil disagreement specifically between the posts directly between you and I.

The other conversations going on though I'll wait for someone to report me because I know some people have such rigid safe spaces.
I guess I did jump into an argument. I have no dog in either fight, just trying to remind folks that if they sign a bunch of stud 4-5 recruit players, they could get burned. You know this going into it.

I agree it sucks trying to replace them, like really sucks...but thats the way THIS game is designed. Until its fixed or changed there is literally nothing we can do about it.
3/14/2017 2:29 PM
Yes hates the way the game is designed and every knows that even the people complaining, but does that mean complaining isn't allowed?

Sure if I started a thread every single day saying the same thing over and over about EE's I'd say that's excessive and does nothing, but for the most part it's different people starting threads when it happens to them and since the forums are followed by the same small group those people post the same thing they've posted before for the most part.

I guess we went with the annoying everyone and bring so much attention to how it ****** people off that it might happen sooner rather than later.

Again there isn't too much to talk about. Any non argument inviting thread will surely be read but not responded to very much, and somehow someone like wardo would derail it, mully or mike would say something related and the other side would troll them because of that. I think most strategy discussion has shifted to sitemails with people you like. I pretty much exclusively talk strategy in sitemail, to add to that I actually had a super length post about recruiting strategy and EE stuff last night, but since I'm a dick I figured I'd rather just not share that where certain people would be able to see it.
3/14/2017 2:35 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Or this trollclown. He has offered good advice but you have to put up with everything else. No thanks.

Edit: Obviously I was referring to 0nly. Shoe has been one of the helpful users.
Yeh shoe has a bunch of useful posts I'm really utilizing all the advice he's given out. Why don't you link some good advice of his that you use, better yet why isn't he using that useful advice? If he had useful advice why wouldn't he use it I don't see any of that wonderful advice being used by him besides his D2 team.

Gamerz problems, amirite?
3/14/2017 2:54 PM
So far I could not really build any efforts on the players I wanted. One signed at 5, the other one I had time to give a scholly, signed at 11. The third one I switched to signed this morning. I replaced a EE with a project tgatveill see some minutes as a sr if he does not transfer as a jr. He will finish in the 80s at ath, def and reb, which makes forba 10 minutes def pf or c but I was unchallenged so all I needed was a scholly to get the D3 team out of there.
3/18/2017 8:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.