Crimson Tides fans want me fired Topic

Ar the job period, I switched job and went to Alabama. The team had 7 schollies. I said to myself : man don't be too hungry 3 signings will do, don't compete against D1 human teams. Real good strat IMO.

So I put 80 ap on a sim VH player, I know the coach left the team to go somewhere else, I think the team loses some credit.

Second player, same situation, I put 40 ap.

Third, I give 20 but it's a backup d1 player, a d2 team is at moderate.

First cycle : the 40 ap signed. I can offer a scholly to the 20 ap, I do.

I spread my 40 ap onto two other backup players.

Sevond cycle : the back-up I had offered a scholly to
signs. My 80 ap wants a scholly, I offer it..

And the signings keep coming and I end up signing nobody. This is dumb. Fix this!

Spud : I can sign 7 now... but none are good enough for D3 teams... or D2... I scouted the world.
3/13/2017 7:57 AM
They need to change some things, for sure.

Just a thought, though, a team's composition should be part of the equation when you want to move. If you're looking at a team run by a Sim for any length of time, look for lots of juniors (8+) on the roster. You won't have to really recruit in period 2. And you won't have to wait for 2 or 3 more seasons to start getting your team in place. Whatever you think of the new recruiting process, it's the one currently in place. As it stands, I would not count on signing anyone in period 2 if I just moved teams.
3/13/2017 8:50 AM
yeah, it's real bad for job changes, much worse than multiple EE. the best you can do IMO in a situation like that is put 50 AP on a slew of players ASAP since 50 usually unlocks the scholarship. on the next cycle, you offer the 'ship, and hope the player doesn't sign, since the 'ship will open up HV for you on the 3rd cycle. you hope this gives you multiple options. but so many of them sign by that second cycle.

of course, I tried this strategy with my SC team in tark after 2 EE (yep, lost 2 after my deep NT run--2nd round lol). this forced me to scramble and try to fill one more position than expected. 2 of my targets signed the second cycle, so i never had a chance. a 3rd one i was able to get to High but lost. still, i can't see what else i could have done there.
3/13/2017 8:53 AM
Posted by jaxorbetter on 3/13/2017 8:50:00 AM (view original):
They need to change some things, for sure.

Just a thought, though, a team's composition should be part of the equation when you want to move. If you're looking at a team run by a Sim for any length of time, look for lots of juniors (8+) on the roster. You won't have to really recruit in period 2. And you won't have to wait for 2 or 3 more seasons to start getting your team in place. Whatever you think of the new recruiting process, it's the one currently in place. As it stands, I would not count on signing anyone in period 2 if I just moved teams.
I tried Arizona. And wanted Alabama. It's not like I chose a structure, I chose a location in the big six.
3/13/2017 11:09 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2017 7:57:00 AM (view original):
Ar the job period, I switched job and went to Alabama. The team had 7 schollies. I said to myself : man don't be too hungry 3 signings will do, don't compete against D1 human teams. Real good strat IMO.

So I put 80 ap on a sim VH player, I know the coach left the team to go somewhere else, I think the team loses some credit.

Second player, same situation, I put 40 ap.

Third, I give 20 but it's a backup d1 player, a d2 team is at moderate.

First cycle : the 40 ap signed. I can offer a scholly to the 20 ap, I do.

I spread my 40 ap onto two other backup players.

Sevond cycle : the back-up I had offered a scholly to
signs. My 80 ap wants a scholly, I offer it..

And the signings keep coming and I end up signing nobody. This is dumb. Fix this!

Spud : I can sign 7 now... but none are good enough for D3 teams... or D2... I scouted the world.
Posted about this months ago, and sent in a ticket. You're exactly right, and it's a major gameplay issue, but they don't care. This to me is a far more significant issue than the EE issue which many (me included) have complained about. Why on earth would WIS want a system that disincentivizes movement? It's almost like 3.0 was poorly vetted....
3/13/2017 12:37 PM
Just what we needed, another "I f'd up recruiting, this game is too hard for me, I don't understand it, I can't learn from my mistakes, I blame the game" thread.
3/13/2017 1:47 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/13/2017 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Just what we needed, another "I f'd up recruiting, this game is too hard for me, I don't understand it, I can't learn from my mistakes, I blame the game" thread.
Are you an idiot! I am starting to think your brain has holes in it? There is nothing hard about this... cause you can't do a thing. If I jump off a bridge, I will fall... and crash. Same as picking up a new team. I have nothing that will help me strategize to make that fall be less dangerous. I don't mind it being tough... But can I actually be able to compete and build my team. On the first season I get the team, the answer is an obvious NO. Unless I do not know the game and I pick players that aren't meant to play D1.

It is not well thought of and what makes me think you are not really sane to defend a principle like the one you are trying to defend.
3/13/2017 1:57 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2017 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Are you an idiot! I am starting to think your brain has holes in it? There is nothing hard about this... cause you can't do a thing. If I jump off a bridge, I will fall... and crash. Same as picking up a new team. I have nothing that will help me strategize to make that fall be less dangerous. I don't mind it being tough... But can I actually be able to compete and build my team. On the first season I get the team, the answer is an obvious NO. Unless I do not know the game and I pick players that aren't meant to play D1.

It is not well thought of and what makes me think you are not really sane to defend a principle like the one you are trying to defend.
At D2, and D3 it's possible. You have a pool that is so large now you can recuperate.
3/13/2017 1:58 PM
spud, this isn't "I f'd up recruiting," so much as "I never even had a chance to f up recruiting." I assume you know this and are just trolling, but on the off chance I'm wrong...
3/13/2017 2:23 PM
"There is nothing hard about this... cause you can't do a thing. If I jump off a bridge, I will fall... and crash. Same as picking up a new team."

Spoken like a true idiot. Learn the game. Tons of guys have done so. What is wrong with you that you cannot learn it?
3/13/2017 2:23 PM
Posted by johnsensing on 3/13/2017 2:23:00 PM (view original):
spud, this isn't "I f'd up recruiting," so much as "I never even had a chance to f up recruiting." I assume you know this and are just trolling, but on the off chance I'm wrong...
I'm glad you cleared that up. Everybody had the same chance except you and zorzii, who had no chance at all. Wow, that's beyond just "unfair," that's cruel.
3/13/2017 2:32 PM
Are you not even aware they're only talking about seasons in which you switch teams? Did "everybody else" switch teams? In high D1? I honestly don't understand the physiology here, but you somehow simultaneously have your head deeply buried in your own *** and your lips firmly planted on the devs' cheeks at the same time.
3/13/2017 3:27 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/13/2017 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by johnsensing on 3/13/2017 2:23:00 PM (view original):
I'm glad you cleared that up. Everybody had the same chance except you and zorzii, who had no chance at all. Wow, that's beyond just "unfair," that's cruel.
Apparently I gave you too much credit. You do know that when you take over a new team, you don't get to recruit in session 1, right? So everyone does not have the "same chance" -- the non-new coaches get the entirety of session 1 to build up APs, unlock actions, but the new coaches do not. So they're behind the 8-ball in session 2.

I'm not dealing with "unfair" or "cruel" -- I'm dealing with this on the level of "is it good for the game to so strongly disincentivize coach movement?" I get that you need all the help you can get, and so really really really want to make sure that a bigger/better program can't come in on you in session 2 -- I give you credit for beating that drum loudly and constantly over the last six months. But I fail to see why it is good for a game to hamstring a coach taking over a new team (who is presumably moving up the ladder). Can you explain that to me?
3/13/2017 3:28 PM
There are some ways to improve playability for job changes. You shouldn't lose all credit for a player recruited but not signed by the team in the previous session; or AT LEAST get the ability to do visits back. No-brainer. You also should have late preference players signing later in the cycle, never right away in the 2nd session.

That said, it's tough, but not impossible to recruit useful players in this situation. The top tier guys are going to be out of reach, and that's probably realistic. As shoe3 at Lipscomb in Phelan, I played around and cut a bunch of guys when I took over. Sort of intentionally handicapped myself. I was able to get a lot of replacement level jucos to get us through, and in year 4, the freshmen I recruited in the last session that first season got us to the NT. Crushed in the first round as a 14 seed, but winning the conference tourney in a conference with a handful of good human teams. Expectations is the thing. WIS should implement the tweaks I mentioned above, but unless and until they do, when you move, you have to move with realistic expectations and plans. Job-hopping was never really a good idea at the D1 level, and it certainly isn't presently.
3/13/2017 3:45 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
There are some ways to improve playability for job changes. You shouldn't lose all credit for a player recruited but not signed by the team in the previous session; or AT LEAST get the ability to do visits back. No-brainer. You also should have late preference players signing later in the cycle, never right away in the 2nd session.

That said, it's tough, but not impossible to recruit useful players in this situation. The top tier guys are going to be out of reach, and that's probably realistic. As shoe3 at Lipscomb in Phelan, I played around and cut a bunch of guys when I took over. Sort of intentionally handicapped myself. I was able to get a lot of replacement level jucos to get us through, and in year 4, the freshmen I recruited in the last session that first season got us to the NT. Crushed in the first round as a 14 seed, but winning the conference tourney in a conference with a handful of good human teams. Expectations is the thing. WIS should implement the tweaks I mentioned above, but unless and until they do, when you move, you have to move with realistic expectations and plans. Job-hopping was never really a good idea at the D1 level, and it certainly isn't presently.
It works in D2,D3. Unfortunately, in D1, random will decide if you have time to make a plea to a player before he signs. Remember, I went conservative and was unable to unlock stuff on time... It's an issue for D1
3/13/2017 3:50 PM
12 Next ▸
Crimson Tides fans want me fired Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.