Crimson Tides fans want me fired Topic

Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2017 3:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
There are some ways to improve playability for job changes. You shouldn't lose all credit for a player recruited but not signed by the team in the previous session; or AT LEAST get the ability to do visits back. No-brainer. You also should have late preference players signing later in the cycle, never right away in the 2nd session.

That said, it's tough, but not impossible to recruit useful players in this situation. The top tier guys are going to be out of reach, and that's probably realistic. As shoe3 at Lipscomb in Phelan, I played around and cut a bunch of guys when I took over. Sort of intentionally handicapped myself. I was able to get a lot of replacement level jucos to get us through, and in year 4, the freshmen I recruited in the last session that first season got us to the NT. Crushed in the first round as a 14 seed, but winning the conference tourney in a conference with a handful of good human teams. Expectations is the thing. WIS should implement the tweaks I mentioned above, but unless and until they do, when you move, you have to move with realistic expectations and plans. Job-hopping was never really a good idea at the D1 level, and it certainly isn't presently.
It works in D2,D3. Unfortunately, in D1, random will decide if you have time to make a plea to a player before he signs. Remember, I went conservative and was unable to unlock stuff on time... It's an issue for D1
Lipscomb is D1.
3/13/2017 3:52 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/13/2017 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2017 3:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
There are some ways to improve playability for job changes. You shouldn't lose all credit for a player recruited but not signed by the team in the previous session; or AT LEAST get the ability to do visits back. No-brainer. You also should have late preference players signing later in the cycle, never right away in the 2nd session.

That said, it's tough, but not impossible to recruit useful players in this situation. The top tier guys are going to be out of reach, and that's probably realistic. As shoe3 at Lipscomb in Phelan, I played around and cut a bunch of guys when I took over. Sort of intentionally handicapped myself. I was able to get a lot of replacement level jucos to get us through, and in year 4, the freshmen I recruited in the last session that first season got us to the NT. Crushed in the first round as a 14 seed, but winning the conference tourney in a conference with a handful of good human teams. Expectations is the thing. WIS should implement the tweaks I mentioned above, but unless and until they do, when you move, you have to move with realistic expectations and plans. Job-hopping was never really a good idea at the D1 level, and it certainly isn't presently.
It works in D2,D3. Unfortunately, in D1, random will decide if you have time to make a plea to a player before he signs. Remember, I went conservative and was unable to unlock stuff on time... It's an issue for D1
Lipscomb is D1.
Lipscomb is in the same boat.
3/13/2017 4:31 PM
◂ Prev 12
Crimson Tides fans want me fired Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.