Recruiting in Div 1 Topic

As a way of conceptually thinking about recruiting at D1A, my philosophy is:

In year 1: "Get the very best players you can without having to battle"

In year 2+, Non-BCS: "Let the Elites and BCS teams battle, get the best players they pass over -- and if you must battle, battle only other NonBCS teams"

In year 2+, BCS: "Protect your turf from Elites and other BCS teams, but don't be stubborn. If a good player can be had by beating out only SIMS 300 miles away, take him rather than battling an Elite for a player only 100 miles away."

Elite: "Take whatever you want, whenever you want."
3/14/2017 5:41 PM
Posted by polarsi on 3/13/2017 3:35:00 PM (view original):
are you serious chrondon? 5 CV's in D1 to turn a player green? I must be doing something seriously wrong
I have literally no idea what he's talking about getting a SIM recruit for 5 CVs at D1. At an elite, I'll routinely send 15 for a guy the first cycle, and usually he ends up accepting maybe 8-12 and goes green (<180 miles). Many times he will accept 10 and still have 1 SIM on him, then I send 6 to knock off the last SIM (he usually accepts a few and rejects a few).

Do other people have different experiences? I'd love to know how to save money during recruiting.
3/15/2017 7:09 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 3/15/2017 7:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by polarsi on 3/13/2017 3:35:00 PM (view original):
are you serious chrondon? 5 CV's in D1 to turn a player green? I must be doing something seriously wrong
I have literally no idea what he's talking about getting a SIM recruit for 5 CVs at D1. At an elite, I'll routinely send 15 for a guy the first cycle, and usually he ends up accepting maybe 8-12 and goes green (<180 miles). Many times he will accept 10 and still have 1 SIM on him, then I send 6 to knock off the last SIM (he usually accepts a few and rejects a few).

Do other people have different experiences? I'd love to know how to save money during recruiting.
You're not doing anything wildly out of line. I really don't know what some others are talking about.
3/15/2017 11:12 PM
Jeez calm down deuce.

I interpreted his question different than you.

It was day two of recruiting in Leahy.

If it was day one, of course it takes a differing amount to green different players. Or to yellow them.

It was not day one. It was day two. I thought he was talking about being in a battle with a single sim. He said "a" sim. Not "some" sims.

In that case, early in day two, if you are going one on one with a sim, you can turn him easily with 5 cvs. I do it all of the time. You can turn a "undecided" with less.

Me and the op talked about it in a private site mail where I was able to clarify what I meant.

If there are three sims that you are battling, yeah it will take more. But maybe not.

If its day one, yeah it might take more.

If its day three, it will also probably take more too.

But in my experience, if its day one of 3 hour cycles (day 2), and its cycle one or two, and you have already yellowed a guy, you can easily knock off a sim with 5 more CV's than what you spent on day one.
3/17/2017 4:50 AM (edited)
And this advice is not a for sure thing every time. Nothing in this game is.

Also in my experience, knocking of a sim is knocking off a sim. BCS or non BCS has not mattered. The sims spend forever at both levels. I have never seen a big difference in how much I had to spend to knock off a sim.
3/17/2017 6:31 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 12
Recruiting in Div 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.