Block CoachSpud and MikeT Topic

Zorzi is a good guy, however he's understandably frustrated with the game right now.

I've come to the realization,with all of these posts talking about EE's that WIS clearly doesn't give two shi*s.
3/13/2017 2:59 PM
As I mentioned earlier, we believe WifS sees the same problems as us(mostly). That might not be the case. They wanted a larger competitive environment. Like it or not, not allowing teams to easily replace EE(and some teams are still doing it) creates that environment.
3/13/2017 3:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 3:02:00 PM (view original):
As I mentioned earlier, we believe WifS sees the same problems as us(mostly). That might not be the case. They wanted a larger competitive environment. Like it or not, not allowing teams to easily replace EE(and some teams are still doing it) creates that environment.
And I understand the point that maybe you shouldn't replace an EE with another quality player at no expense. I try to view it from both sides. However, 3.0 first came out in late September, we're approaching 6 months since the release and there has been no attempt to correct the issue. It hasn't impacted my team, as I haven't had any EE's since the release of 3.0.
3/13/2017 3:08 PM
As I said, maybe they don't see it as an issue.

I mentioned in another thread, in Smith, the top 100 on the board are only 5 sim school players. Of the other 95, they're split between 41 users. Removing the single top 100 player only schools, you've got about 80 players on 25 teams. That's a lot of talent on a limited few. I could certainly understand WifS wanting to spread that out a bit more. And this "problem" we keep discussing might actually be their "solution".
3/13/2017 3:13 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/13/2017 3:08:00 PM (view original):
And I understand the point that maybe you shouldn't replace an EE with another quality player at no expense. I try to view it from both sides. However, 3.0 first came out in late September, we're approaching 6 months since the release and there has been no attempt to correct the issue. It hasn't impacted my team, as I haven't had any EE's since the release of 3.0.
You don't know what effort they've put in. They announced they were planning on early announcements. That's not a simple fix, because the calculations are based in part on post season success. The worst thing they could do is rush it out to "attempt" to fix something, and cause a bigger problem, like teams not even making the NT losing EEs.
3/13/2017 3:19 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 3:19:00 PM (view original):
You don't know what effort they've put in. They announced they were planning on early announcements. That's not a simple fix, because the calculations are based in part on post season success. The worst thing they could do is rush it out to "attempt" to fix something, and cause a bigger problem, like teams not even making the NT losing EEs.
Agreed on this and hoping you are right.

On the ee stuff, we understand we won't be able to get as much talent, just want to have a chance to replace with a less talented player.
3/13/2017 3:22 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2017 3:22:00 PM (view original):

On the ee stuff, we understand we won't be able to get as much talent, just want to have a chance to replace with a less talented player.
The argument is that you do have a chance, but you have to make strategic choices, and you can't have it both ways. This is a competitive game. Everyone wants to win, and of course we all get frustrated when our efforts don't pan out. But the strategies we employ don't exist in a vacuum, it's all relative. If your philosophy is depth and balance, there are strategies you can use to make sure you don't have walk-ons, and always have viable (if not ideal) players on your rosters. But you can't have that balance and flexibility AND recruit only elite players, without getting very lucky (i.e., win all your rolls and return all your players). You make choices.
3/13/2017 3:32 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 3/13/2017 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/13/2017 3:22:00 PM (view original):

The argument is that you do have a chance, but you have to make strategic choices, and you can't have it both ways. This is a competitive game. Everyone wants to win, and of course we all get frustrated when our efforts don't pan out. But the strategies we employ don't exist in a vacuum, it's all relative. If your philosophy is depth and balance, there are strategies you can use to make sure you don't have walk-ons, and always have viable (if not ideal) players on your rosters. But you can't have that balance and flexibility AND recruit only elite players, without getting very lucky (i.e., win all your rolls and return all your players). You make choices.
The problem is that it makes it random. Imagine four teams with three ees each. One loses three, one two, one one, one none. Remember I had no likely going in my ees. They all have 40 ap, one scholly. What's the fairness in all of this, it's only a random outcome.
3/13/2017 3:36 PM
I understand what Zorzil wants to happen, by blocking Mike by himself like I did he still sees a ton of posts directed at Mike controlling all of the threads and making them not informative and filled with mindless arguments and personal attacks. He wants everyone else to ignore him as well so he can have an informative discussion without it being sidetracked. That's not him being a crybaby, Mike's arguments do not make sense for most things, but he then repeats it over and over again as if it was genius and automatically won him the argument.
3/13/2017 3:44 PM
STFU. Opinions you don't like aren't mindless arguments, personal attacks(sort of what YOU just did) or non-informative. This forum is full of whineboxes who want the game to conform to their way of thinking rather than them adjusting the way they want to play. I think my first post here stated that many of the vets think HD is their playground and no one should change it without their consent. And conflicting opinions cannot be tolerated.

Most of my opinions are concept-based simply because I don't have hundreds of seasons under my belt. Deal with it.
3/13/2017 3:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 3:57:00 PM (view original):
STFU. Opinions you don't like aren't mindless arguments, personal attacks(sort of what YOU just did) or non-informative. This forum is full of whineboxes who want the game to conform to their way of thinking rather than them adjusting the way they want to play. I think my first post here stated that many of the vets think HD is their playground and no one should change it without their consent. And conflicting opinions cannot be tolerated.

Most of my opinions are concept-based simply because I don't have hundreds of seasons under my belt. Deal with it.
Or:

"Many of the vets have spent years playing (and paying for) HD and hate to see a poorly-thought-out and in many ways unnecessary update to a game they enjoy rammed through without thorough vetting, and in many cases ignoring obvious flaws that were pointed out repeatedly by users. Most of my opinions are me just shooting my mouth off, since I haven't played for over a decade, but that doesn't stop me."

Truth's probably somewhere in the middle.
3/13/2017 4:15 PM
Virtually every whining loudmouth says "I haven't bought a team in years. I'm playing off credits." Which, to me, is a really stupid way to convince the powers that be to change anything. You haven't paid a dime in years. How valuable are you as a customer?

The "obvious flaws" aren't necessarily flaws. That's opinion-based. Personally, I think EE is working as intended. And that's why no adjustments have been made. Anyone who's going to quit, probably has.

ALL of my opinions are based on something I've observed. You won't catch me telling anyone how to play. But I will say "Maybe you should adjust what you're doing." You know why? Because what they're doing isn't working with the way the game is set up. Yet, every few weeks, we get a flood of "FIX EE" threads. Same complaints, same users.
3/13/2017 4:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Virtually every whining loudmouth says "I haven't bought a team in years. I'm playing off credits." Which, to me, is a really stupid way to convince the powers that be to change anything. You haven't paid a dime in years. How valuable are you as a customer?

The "obvious flaws" aren't necessarily flaws. That's opinion-based. Personally, I think EE is working as intended. And that's why no adjustments have been made. Anyone who's going to quit, probably has.

ALL of my opinions are based on something I've observed. You won't catch me telling anyone how to play. But I will say "Maybe you should adjust what you're doing." You know why? Because what they're doing isn't working with the way the game is set up. Yet, every few weeks, we get a flood of "FIX EE" threads. Same complaints, same users.
I don't think I've seen anyone (let alone "virtually every whining loudmouth") make that argument -- maybe you're reading different threads than me, or more likely, you're making things up. It is a convenient strawman for you, though, to bash successful coaches who played and enjoyed the game long before you got here. In any event, I do agree with your point -- "I haven't paid for years" is a crappy argument to convince WIS to change things (if they're even listening, which I am starting to doubt). Can you find anyone making that argument, though?

You missed the point of my response, which it's all opinion-based -- both your original comment and my response. They're just two perspectives on two separate issues: (1) many veteran coaches (many of whom have already quit) do not like the new update; and (2) MikeT posts often on the forums. And you tell people how to play the game all the time -- it's part of why you're driving poor zorzii (and I assume, others) to distraction.

It's the same complaints, same users, because WIS isn't doing their damn jobs. You and I both know there are easy fixes that would resolve the majority of these issues.
3/13/2017 4:53 PM
You can pick any rule relating to anything in a game and say - its the rule, people should deal with it. That is not a complete answer.

The rational discussion is whether the particular set of rules here is good for game play - would it be better with an adjustment.

The answer is not to muzzle any particular poster - unless someone is being abusive or the like - which I dont see.
3/13/2017 4:57 PM
Posted by mamxet on 3/13/2017 4:57:00 PM (view original):
You can pick any rule relating to anything in a game and say - its the rule, people should deal with it. That is not a complete answer.

The rational discussion is whether the particular set of rules here is good for game play - would it be better with an adjustment.

The answer is not to muzzle any particular poster - unless someone is being abusive or the like - which I dont see.
Thank you. Discuss the subject is what we all want.
3/13/2017 6:04 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Block CoachSpud and MikeT Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.