Block CoachSpud and MikeT Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 9:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 9:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by johnsensing on 3/13/2017 4:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/13/2017 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Virtually every whining loudmouth says "I haven't bought a team in years. I'm playing off credits." Which, to me, is a really stupid way to convince the powers that be to change anything. You haven't paid a dime in years. How valuable are you as a customer?

The "obvious flaws" aren't necessarily flaws. That's opinion-based. Personally, I think EE is working as intended. And that's why no adjustments have been made. Anyone who's going to quit, probably has.

ALL of my opinions are based on something I've observed. You won't catch me telling anyone how to play. But I will say "Maybe you should adjust what you're doing." You know why? Because what they're doing isn't working with the way the game is set up. Yet, every few weeks, we get a flood of "FIX EE" threads. Same complaints, same users.
I don't think I've seen anyone (let alone "virtually every whining loudmouth") make that argument -- maybe you're reading different threads than me, or more likely, you're making things up. It is a convenient strawman for you, though, to bash successful coaches who played and enjoyed the game long before you got here. In any event, I do agree with your point -- "I haven't paid for years" is a crappy argument to convince WIS to change things (if they're even listening, which I am starting to doubt). Can you find anyone making that argument, though?

You missed the point of my response, which it's all opinion-based -- both your original comment and my response. They're just two perspectives on two separate issues: (1) many veteran coaches (many of whom have already quit) do not like the new update; and (2) MikeT posts often on the forums. And you tell people how to play the game all the time -- it's part of why you're driving poor zorzii (and I assume, others) to distraction.

It's the same complaints, same users, because WIS isn't doing their damn jobs. You and I both know there are easy fixes that would resolve the majority of these issues.
Trust me, they have. snafu comes to mind. There are others, several, but I don't want to name names incorrectly. The next one I see, I'll point out. I doubt anyone was here before me. I was in HD from Day 1.

1. OK.
2. Please quote one post where I told someone how to play. Just one.

Again, I'm not sure WifS sees the same issues as issues as you, I and others see. I think EE replacement is a problem. I understand the frustration, despite not having a D1 team, of having a 28-3 team then losing three underclassmen with no valid way to replace them. But I don't think WifS wants you to replace them with same quality. Definitely not all 3. "Leveling the playing field".
mullycj is another of the malcontents who leads with "I haven't paid in years". More will come to mind.
lakevin is another.
3/14/2017 12:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mamxet on 3/14/2017 10:18:00 AM (view original):
I've always thought that developer chats and other interactions with customers was a good idea for WIS - much as most companies try to stay in touch with customers and the product.

But thats just me. Not much sign of desire to communicate from WIS these days for HD.

Now, some of that is the angry negativism of a few. I believe that would be diluted and dispersed through engagement and communication. But thats just me.
The people who participate tend to be the unhappy folk. Developer chats would be great but they devolve so quickly that it's not really worth it to them.
historically that was not the case

go back and check out dev chats from years ago - not 100% but there was a positive community in the dev chats - wanting to understand, sharing ideas, sort of like customers
3/14/2017 12:59 PM
I am judging from these forums. They were pretty good in HBD, just the occasional non-sensical gripe but this forum is full of more whining malcontents than any forum I've seen on this site. And SLB used to be absolutely horrid.
3/14/2017 1:02 PM
It was actually pretty good pre-3.0 there was the occasional jobs/baseline/recruiting change post that everyone just sighed and went "it's never going to happen"

Then 3.0 happened and ****** everyone off, then the trolls came.

Used to be pretty helpful and full of posts of nerdy stats people collected or organized.

Now it's just constant but certainly well deserved 3.0 complaining and trolling
3/14/2017 1:08 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mamxet on 3/14/2017 10:18:00 AM (view original):
I've always thought that developer chats and other interactions with customers was a good idea for WIS - much as most companies try to stay in touch with customers and the product.

But thats just me. Not much sign of desire to communicate from WIS these days for HD.

Now, some of that is the angry negativism of a few. I believe that would be diluted and dispersed through engagement and communication. But thats just me.
The people who participate tend to be the unhappy folk. Developer chats would be great but they devolve so quickly that it's not really worth it to them.
It's almost like the people who made 3.0 didn't understand the game ignored 99% of the coaches who unlike Mike and Spuds little brains think weren't trying to make the game better for themselves.

Almost like that, but we all know everyone is a whiner and no one understands the game besides Mike or Spud and WIS did an absolute amazing job with the update Seble left because he actually got a job offer to run Amazon, Google, and Facebook by himself since they realized he was the best businessman in the world.

Also we have unhappy customers for something we caused. Lets ignore them, not fix anything and hope they all leave or shut up.

A good business doesn't have good customer service obviously, they just have a monopoly on the product and can do whatever they want.

Jeeze I've learned more from WIS on business management than any class I've ever taken.
+1
3/15/2017 11:04 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Block CoachSpud and MikeT Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.