Using a punter as a placekicker Topic

Posted by realist9900 on 3/15/2017 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 3/15/2017 4:37:00 PM (view original):
The voice of dissent: Ok, maybe not dissent but another opinion. On some of my teams I have taken to recruiting Kickers with high Strength and as high a tech as I can get; high growth. I figured his kicking would be better and they tend to average punting in high 30's . 37-38 , not bad for a better kicker.
It's working out ok. So I would say either way K or P you can win with if you recruit them correctly; K with high strength and P with high Tech.
hrmm, I thought it was the other way around. Tech more important for kickers and strength for punters
Tech "is" more important for kickers . But we are discussing how to recruit a One player that does both. So in this case I find a kicker that starts with as high a Strength as possible so he has a good start at being a good Punter . You want to make sure he has a decent if not great number for Tech as well so his Kicking will be good as well. Both will grow.
3/15/2017 6:52 PM
I tried this a while back and didn't think it was worth it in the end. If I were going to do it though, definitely take a punter that can also kick. You can always lower your FG threshold, but a poor punter will cripple you in head to head human matchups that commonly involve 8+ punts. 5 yards per punt can easily cost you 40-80 yards in field position throughout the game.

side point: never lower your FG threshold below 42 yards. I learned the hard way in a playoff game when I lost because I went 3 and out in overtime and decided to go for it on 4th and 10 instead of tying the game with a FG. =)
3/15/2017 6:58 PM
◂ Prev 12
Using a punter as a placekicker Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.