Simple Blackout league (FULL ) Topic

Posted by pointfwd on 3/29/2017 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Hope we get 24.

Deandre Jordan
Me too. We are at the third of the way to 24, so we should make it soon.
3/29/2017 5:33 PM
Shaquille O'Neal
4/8/2017 4:05 AM
I'm in - Chris Paul
4/8/2017 9:26 AM
I'm in Draymond Green hey when you say draft I assume you're talking personal team selections? Not an actual draft?
4/8/2017 11:03 AM
Great idea. I'm in with Dwight Howard. I'd also like to reiterate Gerryred's thoughts in that I think that cap is too high. Hoosier's Banned league had a cap of 50 mill and worked great. I think the sweet spot for this may be between 52-55 mill. 57 just seems like overkill.
4/8/2017 12:56 PM
Posted by coachcroft on 4/8/2017 11:03:00 AM (view original):
I'm in Draymond Green hey when you say draft I assume you're talking personal team selections? Not an actual draft?
Correct. Personal team selection. We don't do any drafting for exclusive rights to a player.
4/8/2017 7:34 PM
Posted by kinoa1 on 4/8/2017 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Great idea. I'm in with Dwight Howard. I'd also like to reiterate Gerryred's thoughts in that I think that cap is too high. Hoosier's Banned league had a cap of 50 mill and worked great. I think the sweet spot for this may be between 52-55 mill. 57 just seems like overkill.
If we get to do another season of this, I will lower the cap to 54 million. For this season, let's just try and see what happens.
4/8/2017 7:39 PM
The cap is way too high... I'd say $48-52M. I'll play if the cap is in that range... I won't if it's not.... And Hoosier varied his cap... but it was usually pretty close to 50.... $57M is high with no players banned... The only way a team will get close to the cap is if they have a lot of excess usage- and there no point in that, really. At $57M -with 24 good players banned - the very best unbanned players will be on every roster - and it seems like the point of the league is to use different players.
4/10/2017 9:39 AM (edited)
Posted by milest on 4/10/2017 9:39:00 AM (view original):
The cap is way too high... I'd say $48-52M. I'll play if the cap is in that range... I won't if it's not.... And Hoosier varied his cap... but it was usually pretty close to 50.... $57M is high with no players banned... The only way a team will get close to the cap is if they have a lot of excess usage- and there no point in that, really. At $57M -with 24 good players banned - the very best unbanned players will be on every roster - and it seems like the point of the league is to use different players.
I respectfully disagree.

1) Excess usage and minutes can be used to let teams change their lineups in the middle of the season. With lower cap, your starting lineup at the beginning of the season will be one you will be stuck on till the end
2) Are we sure we know who are the very best unbanned players? Also are we sure what is the best combinations? You may know them but I don't, so I would love to have people show us what is the best after the 24 is banned.
3) We do not yet know who will be the 12 other players to be banned. At least not seeing the 24 that people, for one reason or the other, do not wish to see, would guarantee some difference from most other leagues.

If we do this league again, I will lower the cap to 54 million . Still, at least once, I would like to know how things are like at higher cap in this format. You never know what surprises there may be unless you tried it once.
4/10/2017 4:31 PM
That's a good point milest about with a 57M cap most of the same seasons of the unblacklisted players will be used. A little smaller cap would certainly make for more variance. It';s not like your gonna have a 10M+ Wilt or MJ sucking up all your cash. There are 15 players with seasons over 10M.....most or all will be banned (or you wouldn't want them.) Where's the rest of the salary coming from?
4/11/2017 9:48 PM
Posted by coachcroft on 4/11/2017 9:48:00 PM (view original):
That's a good point milest about with a 57M cap most of the same seasons of the unblacklisted players will be used. A little smaller cap would certainly make for more variance. It';s not like your gonna have a 10M+ Wilt or MJ sucking up all your cash. There are 15 players with seasons over 10M.....most or all will be banned (or you wouldn't want them.) Where's the rest of the salary coming from?
Try it. You may be surprised. Also, I do think there are rock-paper-scissors like relationship in starting lineups we can try to discover.
4/12/2017 12:00 AM
Unfortunately I think the people who really want to play in a league like this aren't interested in fielding different lineups with their massive excess minutes. They want to field ONE competitive lineup in a league with some diversity. The lower the cap, the more diversity.

To be fair, it's not like some of these league attempts with absolutely absurd salaries ... like 68 million for a league with a max defense of 50. 57 million isn't outlandish, I just think moving it down around 52 would make it more challenging and add more diversity.

4/12/2017 12:16 AM
Posted by kinoa1 on 4/12/2017 12:16:00 AM (view original):
Unfortunately I think the people who really want to play in a league like this aren't interested in fielding different lineups with their massive excess minutes. They want to field ONE competitive lineup in a league with some diversity. The lower the cap, the more diversity.

To be fair, it's not like some of these league attempts with absolutely absurd salaries ... like 68 million for a league with a max defense of 50. 57 million isn't outlandish, I just think moving it down around 52 would make it more challenging and add more diversity.

My concern still is that 52 mil doesn't let someone have one extra bench person they can start in the middle of season to change the way team plays. 57 mil do let you have one, perhaps two players you can play to increase assist in expense of rebounds, or more 3 pointers instead of tighter defense. 57 can let you have middle of season adjustment without using waiver wire. 52 don't.
4/12/2017 12:29 AM
I'll give it a go. Ban Hakeem Olajuwon.
4/12/2017 5:54 PM
Posted by rubnsly on 4/12/2017 5:54:00 PM (view original):
I'll give it a go. Ban Hakeem Olajuwon.
Thank you rubnsly
4/13/2017 2:45 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
Simple Blackout league (FULL ) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.