Protecting New Players from Poor Trades Topic

Curious: how many worlds place a premium on this? Perhaps I was mistaken when I assumed that every world should aim for such. Thoughts?
3/14/2017 3:05 PM
How many worlds have 8-10 openings? How many worlds have to merge to keep playing?

They didn't protect players from poor trades. If there is a good world that doesn't care, please step forward.
3/14/2017 3:08 PM
That was what I was thinking. I find myself in a world that is a little nonchalant as to whether it wants to remain a world.
3/14/2017 10:18 PM
You're wrong but I'm shocked it took you this long to post it on the public forum, ab.
Your constant need for validation from others is alarming, really. You may have an undiagnosed mental health issue and I'm not joking.
3/14/2017 10:44 PM
Good lord. Just read the world chat for that world. It's a shame that 31 of you has to put up with the bullshit from the 32nd.
3/15/2017 6:34 AM
Well, FWIW, they are in their 6th season. The two questions I asked applied 6 seasons ago.
3/15/2017 7:04 AM
Looks to me he only picks really stacked teams then leaves once they fall apart. But anyway isn't this the account that was "given away" a few months ago?
3/15/2017 9:06 AM
Posted by VictorV17 on 3/15/2017 9:06:00 AM (view original):
Looks to me he only picks really stacked teams then leaves once they fall apart. But anyway isn't this the account that was "given away" a few months ago?
Yes. But did you see him on that episode of Superhumans? It was dope.
3/15/2017 9:23 AM
AB was right about the trade in question - it was lopsided.

That being said, no one takes AB seriously because he's clearly an alias. I was with him in a previous world when he had only 9 teams, but 5 championships, and was lecturing noobs on how to play the game. It was obvious he was an alias that had just latched on to stacked teams - some of which he had created under previous accounts by the sounds of it.
3/15/2017 10:19 AM
After reading the World Chat this morning, I decided to go and take a look at the trade in question. It was a fair deal. A low IP but decent quality RP for a middle of the road utility player. Neither are impact players (though the RP might provide more value with his limited IPs than the position player would provide. Nothing one sided about that, unless you focus on the OVR ratings. The position player was vastly overrated (and showing some signs of decline) while the pitcher was underrated due to low DUR/STA.
3/15/2017 4:27 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/15/2017 4:27:00 PM (view original):
After reading the World Chat this morning, I decided to go and take a look at the trade in question. It was a fair deal. A low IP but decent quality RP for a middle of the road utility player. Neither are impact players (though the RP might provide more value with his limited IPs than the position player would provide. Nothing one sided about that, unless you focus on the OVR ratings. The position player was vastly overrated (and showing some signs of decline) while the pitcher was underrated due to low DUR/STA.
this was exactly what I was trying to tell everyone....
3/15/2017 5:44 PM
Salary dump?

I'm fine with BL talent, current or future, for BL talent, current or future, regardless of who wins or if the salaries are WAY different but, on occasion, one will be minimum, the other will be making 8m and they're both 23rd men on a BL roster. I don't veto but I don't like either.
3/15/2017 5:51 PM
I'm not up in arms that the trade went through - it's not a world-destroying deal by any means.

But I think that position player was underrated. 60+ across the board on offense and good enough to play every position but SS. Those guys aren't common.
3/15/2017 6:50 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/15/2017 6:50:00 PM (view original):
I'm not up in arms that the trade went through - it's not a world-destroying deal by any means.

But I think that position player was underrated. 60+ across the board on offense and good enough to play every position but SS. Those guys aren't common.
60's across the board on offense would be more valuable if he were a switch hitter. But as a RH hitter, he's mediocre. And he didn't have the range (71) or glove (70) to adequately play 2B or CF. Which makes him a CIF or a COF. A mediocre hitting CIF or COF at that.

Maybe his particular set of ratings aren't common. But that doesn't make him special. He has a career .717 OPS in nearly 3,000 ML PA's. His biggest strength is that he can steal bases.
3/15/2017 7:14 PM
I also pointed out I believe he has 0 + plays defensively at 3B so if you wanted to maximize his defense he's now a 1B or COF in which case his bat would be well below average for those positions, in theory.
3/15/2017 7:47 PM
12 Next ▸
Protecting New Players from Poor Trades Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.