Opinions or Data on if TE blocking helps Running ? Topic

Just wondered if anyone had opinions or data on if it actually helps to have the TE block(as opposed to him going out on a pass patern) on a run play or not ?
3/15/2017 3:05 PM
Is there an option for this? I'm of the understanding that the TE always is part of the blocking scheme on a running play. Same as all other running backs and the WRs.
3/15/2017 9:01 PM
If a TE blocking doesn't help run the ball then the game is even more messed up than I thought.
3/15/2017 10:31 PM
TE can't be blocking if he is sent out on pass patern ; can he ? This can be done as I understand by unchecking the blocking box on a formation that you can still do a run play from . So, if TE isn't blocking, I was wondering if it effected the success of the run play ?
3/15/2017 11:42 PM
Posted by mojolad on 3/15/2017 11:42:00 PM (view original):
TE can't be blocking if he is sent out on pass patern ; can he ? This can be done as I understand by unchecking the blocking box on a formation that you can still do a run play from . So, if TE isn't blocking, I was wondering if it effected the success of the run play ?
THIS is a very, very key question regarding the engine. I do not know how this actually works.

1. Option 1: Regardless of settings, the TE, WRs, and other RBs block on any running play.
2. Option 2: You set up "pass patterns" in the formation setting and regardless of the play call, the RB/TE/WR "run patterns".

Perhaps there are other options that could be correct, but....I think this is a crucial portion of the game that we should all know the answer to. I understand the engine to operate as Option 1. If is is Option 2....then my settings are all jacked up. Having said that, I do not run from a passing formation or pass from a running formation, as a general rule. So perhaps I have not explored how this may actually work.
3/16/2017 5:44 AM
During Beta the TE ran his assigned pattern for both run and pass plays. If you wanted him to block, he had to be set to block. Has that changed since and is there anyway to verify this now? Who knows and I don't think so.
3/16/2017 8:28 AM
Opinions or Data on if TE blocking helps Running ? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.