GD UI Improvement Project Topic

Me (Kevin Kemp) and a friend of mine (Scott Burleigh) developed a series of scripts that improve the UI for GD's website. We've decided to just give them away to the community if anyone is interested. Details can be seen here: https://github.com/kevinkemp/gridiron-dynasty-userscripts

I don't currently have plans to add anything more to it, but if there is a good enough idea that isn't going to take too much time, I will consider it. Feel free to create an issue on github, drop a message here, or PM me.

Enjoy!
3/15/2017 5:35 PM
This is awesome, Kevin! Many thanks.
3/15/2017 5:44 PM
Genius. I can toss my old excel spreadsheet.

P.S. You should put a "donate" button on there somehow. Happy to drop a bit for this product.

nitros
3/15/2017 5:56 PM
Posted by nitros on 3/15/2017 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Genius. I can toss my old excel spreadsheet.

P.S. You should put a "donate" button on there somehow. Happy to drop a bit for this product.

nitros
There is one at the very bottom. Appreciated. =)
3/15/2017 6:00 PM
Update: fixed a sorting bug on roster page.

FYI: In order to get updates, you can either configure your plugin to look for new versions periodically and get them automatically or you can just edit your scripts manually with new updates.
3/15/2017 7:16 PM
Nice job!
3/15/2017 8:34 PM
I see un-credited GUESS ratings. LAWSUIT!

Just kidding. Great Stuff.
3/15/2017 8:49 PM
Could someone explain what this update is? I am not familiar with the terms in the message!
3/16/2017 9:11 AM
This is awesome!
3/16/2017 9:29 AM
Posted by coachoatie on 3/16/2017 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Could someone explain what this update is? I am not familiar with the terms in the message!
Basically the scripts add the Role Rating for the primary position (e.g. RB, WR, etc.) to the roster views.
3/16/2017 10:33 AM
This is Scott, and I've actually made a chrome plugin for the technically challenged.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gd-site-enhancements/mijjfapiidecfffafplfncgafdcgcjig
3/16/2017 11:07 AM
Posted by VOLPRIDE on 3/16/2017 11:07:00 AM (view original):
This is Scott, and I've actually made a chrome plugin for the technically challenged.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gd-site-enhancements/mijjfapiidecfffafplfncgafdcgcjig
I'm not technically challenged but I am lazy! So thank you and we'll done!
3/17/2017 12:19 AM
Ok this is awesome and definitely worthy of donation. I am not sure it saves as much time as the yatzr tool but it is cool nonetheless. I gave yatzr $100. I would be willing to send $25 for this. Is there any way you can do the guess rating on the Standings-->player ratings "total" column? Thanks in advanced.
3/19/2017 11:19 AM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/19/2017 11:19:00 AM (view original):
Ok this is awesome and definitely worthy of donation. I am not sure it saves as much time as the yatzr tool but it is cool nonetheless. I gave yatzr $100. I would be willing to send $25 for this. Is there any way you can do the guess rating on the Standings-->player ratings "total" column? Thanks in advanced.
First, thanks for the donation!

As to your question: that is possible, but I'm not sure it would yield the results you're expecting. Userscripts have no access to data from the server, only data that has already been sent to the browser. If we add the column on that page, it would have the correct overall ratings for the 25 players that get sent from the server, but it wouldn't be a "true" ranking, since it's likely that the top 25 players by total points is not the same list as the top 25 players by GUESS rating. Does that make sense?
3/19/2017 2:35 PM
oh ok gotcha. I understand. too bad though. it would be nice to check out top players by position in each world at the end of each season vs the beginning like is on guess.
3/19/2017 3:56 PM
12 Next ▸
GD UI Improvement Project Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.