Second session recruiting with late preference Topic

Hey all,

I started putting AP on a guy the last cycle of the first part of recruiting. He is "moderate" on a D2 sim school. I've heard that he will jump to "very high" after 1 cycle on the second portion of recruiting and then sign with them after that. I will be able to offer him a scholarship after the 1st cycle of attention points process.

Is it worthwhile to think I have a chance at signing this guy, or should I just go for someone who isn't considering anyone/take a walk on?

Following up on that, does it ever occur in 3.0 that some recruit will get ignored by their top school because they got somebody better, and then be sitting relatively untouched? I scalped a few guys that way under the old system but I don't know if it's possible/realistic now.

Thanks
3/15/2017 10:24 PM
With the late preference you are fine he won't sign right away the scenario you are talking about is when it's an EOP1 or Early signer with a D2 capped at moderate-yes. I don't believe it is possible for late signers to sign first cycle of period 2 at all. If it is possible which I'm sure someone knows that answer, then yes you do run the risk of him signing first period but not a guarantee like with an EOP1/Early preference

As in the leading team doesn't offer a scholarship so you have a VH team with no offer and he signs somewhere else? Yes I believe you have to be at high/very high as well.

Or if a team fills there scholarship limit? I actually had this happen where I had offered a player and forgot to withdraw it so he signed and the player I meant to sign who I had at VH and offered scholarship was left with 0 openings on my team and ended up signing later with another school, but there was still an RNG between my school and the other school it was 64-36 for the other school I believe which is a bit wierd because I never cut a player to create an opening for him so there was 0% chance of him signing elsewhere, but I guess it was 100% chance he signed with the school with the opening in that situation and the 64-36 was what would've been the odds has I had an opening
3/15/2017 11:02 PM
Just FYI (because it certainly did surprise the @#$!! out of me when it happened) "Late" can mean the kid signs as early as the 2nd cycle in Session 2. I was floored when one of my Late battles resolved that quickly last recruiting season in Naismith.
3/15/2017 11:12 PM
I don't see anything under the "official" wis guide and this is from the unofficial guide:

SIGNING PREFERENCES:
Players are programmed to want to sign at different times - not everyone signs right away. In fact, probably only 5% of the players sign on the first cycle after signings start, with more signing each cycle.
Whenever: Will now have about 50% chance of signing at some point in period 1 and 50% chance in period 2.
As Soon as Possible: They will definitely sign by the end of period 1, unless no team is high or very high.
By the end of period 1: Almost all will sign by the end of period 1, with odds increasing each cycle.
Late: None will sign in period 1, but almost all will sign by the end of period 2, with odds increasing each cycle.

The way it is worded makes it just seem Late signer means 0 chance in period 1 and in period 2 the odds increase each cycle

But now the question is since the odds increase each cycle do they start a 0% chance for the first cycle of period 2, or does it start off with a low chance like .05% chance of signing the first cycle?
3/15/2017 11:24 PM
Another interesting question that it raises..."...but almost all will sign by the end of period 2" << Does that mean there's some microscopic chance a "Late" won't sign at all, even if you get to H/VH on them?
3/16/2017 1:47 AM
Has to be a typo I don't think players choose to go juco when they have legit offers that are acceptably ie teams have room for him with scholarship offered. If that was written as intended it might need to be double checked, because that would be incredible stupid. Since we haven't heard anything on the forums I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's incorrect?

I'm assuming if people have battled for a late recruit and there were at least 1 or more high vh teams with openings and a scholarship offered and he didn't sign then someone would've complained about it. But then again it's entirely possible spud got to the thread first and told them to stop being whiners and man up or something and was missed by spud derailment. Both are equally possible thinking about it
3/16/2017 2:50 AM
Correct. All will sign with a qualifying offer.

I also think Late could sign 1st cycle, it just has alow chance.
3/16/2017 6:24 AM
Update: after the first cycle, he jumped to very high on the D1 school. I am still at very low despite 40 AP and a scholarship offer. I'm thinking I'd best look elsewhere.
3/16/2017 5:25 PM
Second session recruiting with late preference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.