Who do you think is regular season MVP this year? Topic

Posted by zeldafan on 4/22/2017 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 4/22/2017 1:50:00 AM (view original):
he averaged 16.3 FT attempts per game this season. He must have gotten a few calls.
Lol he didn't avg 16 ft a game lol
no but he did lead the league in FTAs this season Mister Troll
4/22/2017 1:38 PM
Posted by zeldafan on 4/22/2017 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 4/22/2017 1:50:00 AM (view original):
he averaged 16.3 FT attempts per game this season. He must have gotten a few calls.
Lol he didn't avg 16 ft a game lol
He averaged 11 a game and 400 more than the best player in the league. So yeah he gets calls.
4/23/2017 9:53 AM
Terrible showing by the refs today.
4/23/2017 5:28 PM
Posted by zeldafan on 4/23/2017 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Terrible showing by the refs today.
Again, tossing your body into a defender and flailing your arms shouldn't be rewarded. Doing so late in the 4th quarter of a close game is ridiculous. It is terrible officiating, and needs to stop.
4/24/2017 8:52 AM (edited)
Yeah if a defender goes straight up and the offensive player initiates contact it needs to be a no call or even a charge. Sad to see the best players become actors. That just isn't basketball. If you are good enough to fake a guy into a jump, you already have the advantage. Just wait until he lands out of position and shoot or pass to the open guy if a defender comes to help. You already cant touch a jump shooter even if you play perfect D.
4/25/2017 3:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by zeldafan on 4/26/2017 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Oh malarkey. The officiating in last nights game was so bad that even the quite/reserved Leslie Alexander got up out of his seat to criticize the officials.
Wow, an owner who is used to seeing his star actor constantly get BS calls, gets frustrated when they come less frequently. What other "news" you got, maybe that water is wet?

Harden is a great player, but I hate his BS moves to get fouls - by him and all others who do them. They are NOT basketball moves and should NOT be rewarded. Heck, half the time they should be offensive fouls, because the "shooter" hooks the defender's arm.
4/26/2017 2:14 PM
not sure how the player who led the league in free throw attempts "never gets calls". So, he should have had even more FTAs?
4/26/2017 4:13 PM
Harden is good at drawing fouls. Is that his fault? No player in the league takes more punishment than him. Guys slap him and hit him all the time and there's no call. When les Alexander stands up and says something about it you know it's bad. I've been a rockets fan for 25 years and that's the maddest I've ever seen les.
4/26/2017 4:36 PM
okay, so don't say he NEVER gets calls. say he doesn't get as many as he should, which I don't know if I believe that.
4/26/2017 6:29 PM
Posted by zeldafan on 4/26/2017 4:36:00 PM (view original):
Harden is good at drawing fouls. Is that his fault? No player in the league takes more punishment than him. Guys slap him and hit him all the time and there's no call. When les Alexander stands up and says something about it you know it's bad. I've been a rockets fan for 25 years and that's the maddest I've ever seen les.
Are you and Les going to start campaigning that all Harden's offensive fouls get called as offensive fouls, or does the whining only go in one direction?
4/26/2017 9:26 PM
Harden doesn't offensive foul. He's a finesse player not a power player.
4/26/2017 11:39 PM
There are some players like Shaq for example that use brute strength and raw power to play. James harden isn't like that. He uses finesse, speed, and agility.
4/26/2017 11:41 PM
Posted by zeldafan on 4/26/2017 11:41:00 PM (view original):
There are some players like Shaq for example that use brute strength and raw power to play. James harden isn't like that. He uses finesse, speed, and agility.
You misspelled "drama, whining, and flopping"
4/27/2017 2:13 AM
Posted by toddcommish on 4/27/2017 2:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zeldafan on 4/26/2017 11:41:00 PM (view original):
You misspelled "drama, whining, and flopping"
Yeah, every analyst I've heard do a Rockets' game in the last few years has commented that Harden's moves are sometimes offensive fouls. Guess zelda knows better than them. Love to hear him explain how hooking the defender's arm and pulling it upward is not an offensive foul, or how launching yourself 3 feet in the direction opposite your momentum to make contact with the defender is not an offensive foul. Drama, whining, and flopping better describes his attempt at defense. I guess it somehow takes less effort to do all those than actually try to cover someone.
4/27/2017 10:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Who do you think is regular season MVP this year? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.