Reliable Pinch Running? Topic

Never screwed around with PR before. Before I start experimenting with PR strategies I was wondering if anyone has any tips/advice.

I've got a speed demon (90/100) that I want for PR only. If I keep him off my hierarchies (Def, Rest, PH) and bump my PR slider up, will he get into games reliably as a PR? Will he be subbed out after the inning if I have my other hierarchies in order?

My hunch is HBD isn't customizable enough for this to work reliably, similar to base stealing.
3/18/2017 4:36 PM
I do some pinch running using guys like this, especially during roster expansion and playoffs. Simmy generally doesn't like to burn two position players with one move, so he will be set to come in for defense if he is eligible to play that position. But he will be substituted according to your defensive replacement and pinch hitting strategy most of the time. I think the variable has been when simmy doesn't want to burn your last legit SS as a pinch hitter, or remove your last catcher. It is worth the roster spot if you can go deep with your position players. I can't tell you how many big games I've won with him scoring from first on a double, or scoring after a steal (or two.)
3/18/2017 5:26 PM
I like pinch runners but I like them to be able to have 2 tools. I'm in the NL but a DH pinch runner that can hit or walk is ok. Or a pinch runner that can play up the middle is usually my fave.

Right now I have rosters expanded and have a guy who is strictly a pinch runner. Haven't been monitoring his progress too closely.
3/19/2017 2:43 PM
Reliable Pinch Running? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.