#32006 Original Six Hockey World Cup (FULL !) Topic

Going back to the "Original Six" world hockey nations. League number 32006
Canada, USA, Russia/Soviet Union, Sweden, Czechoslovakia/Czechs+Slovaks, Finland.
Select one of the nations and draft only players born in that country (or nationals, meaning which country they actually played for, read posts for more details, Brett Hull, Tomas Sandstrom, Rod Langway etc...).
Each nation will have its own division, 4xCanada, 4xUSA etc...
Eastern Conf will have Russia/Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia/Czechs+Slovaks, Finland.
Western Conf will have Canada, USA and Sweden.
Let's see how well each owner can do by drafting a full roster from one of these great hockey nations.
Will Canada really dominate? I'm really not sure about that but definitely looking forward to comparing how good every country can do.
100 mil $ cap, should allow to draft pretty much the best from each nation and at the same time level the field.
"No Lasting Injuries or Suspensions" to allow unlimited use of partial season players, this should help the "weaker" teams/nations as they have good seasons from partial players, and it makes drafting more flexible.
EDIT : In effort to try an even out the drafting pool for the European teams, the pool of elligible players for all owners has been limited to 67-68+ seasons. This marks the expansion season which saw the first generation of pro players who would eventually participate in the beginning of pro international hockey rivalries. This will eliminate the cheap high D players that are pretty much only available for Canada who obviously already has the largest skill pool.

RULES
Waiver Wire not allowed, Minor League Players not allowed, No Lasting Injuries or Suspensions, Not using Playoff Intensity, Relaxed Roster Requirements, Player Trades not allowed, Allow Ties-No Shootout, NO CLONES.
3/29/2017 4:41 AM (edited)
EASTERN CONFERENCE (CCC)

Czechoslovakia Division (FULL)
y2jdilemma
mapleleafs4l
jcarver67
kiteport

Finland Division
taybaijor
Dairn
the_skipper
66lemieux

Soviet Division (FULL)
66lemieux
zero1940
BollNeedGoal
the_skipper

WESTERN CONFERENCE (PoWC)

Canada Division (FULL)

slimebot
chuckinrlp
lostnfound74
lunchpail33

Sweden Division (FULL)
66lemieux
mapleleafs4l
Dairn
Poddy

USA Division (FULL)
splat58
lostnfound74
tycobb33
smartian
4/6/2017 3:24 PM (edited)
I'll try it with the USA
3/19/2017 10:51 AM
Posted by splat58 on 3/19/2017 10:51:00 AM (view original):
I'll try it with the USA
Great, welcome aboard splat, one for the USA!
3/19/2017 10:56 AM
Good luck with this. I'll take a couple of teams if this goes
3/19/2017 6:32 PM
Posted by the_skipper on 3/19/2017 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Good luck with this. I'll take a couple of teams if this goes
Thanks skipper, we'll see how it goes in the next few days, I'm sure it could be a very interesting experience and I've never seen it done yet.
3/19/2017 11:27 PM
my othwer comment is: I wonder if you would have better luck with this in a couple of months...when 2016-17 stats come out. We could add all kinds of new players to these squads...Laine, McDavid, Mathews, Pastrnak, and even everyone's favorite...Brad Marchand.
3/20/2017 9:37 AM
I will take canada
3/20/2017 11:41 AM
I'll jump in with Canada 66!
3/20/2017 12:46 PM
Great! Canada for slimebot and chuck, thanks for joining guys!
3/20/2017 3:26 PM
Posted by the_skipper on 3/20/2017 9:37:00 AM (view original):
my othwer comment is: I wonder if you would have better luck with this in a couple of months...when 2016-17 stats come out. We could add all kinds of new players to these squads...Laine, McDavid, Mathews, Pastrnak, and even everyone's favorite...Brad Marchand.
Might have a point there skipper, if it doesn't get going this time around I might try it again after next player release.
I was also thinking of maybe limiting the player pool to 1972+, since that was the year of the "official" start of international rivalry including NHL stars. Also up to 1972 about 99% of NHL players were Canadians.
3/20/2017 3:34 PM
I'm in with CANADA. I would suggest no player restrictions. Let us go with 99 and Bossy (prefer anyone else though)

I'm not in a hurry to start another team just now, because I have this date with the Buzz saw on Monday, so will be kind of out of it for ten days or so. .. but I will have a team ready to draft and etc. Stats aren't released until mid June, so let's go now

Only guys you might see before 1972 are goalies and Doug Harvey 96, maybe Red Kelly
3/23/2017 2:22 PM (edited)
I'm in with Canada
3/23/2017 4:39 PM
Welcome aboard gents! Two more Canadas, that division is now full!
Let's see who's up for the challenge of managing some of the other great hockey nations.

Lostnfound, no rush, the league is filling slowly, just take it easy, take care of yourself and God bless you for the operation on Monday.
3/23/2017 6:55 PM
In with the Ruskies (Russians)
3/24/2017 3:06 PM (edited)
1234 Next ▸
#32006 Original Six Hockey World Cup (FULL !) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.