#32006 Original Six Hockey World Cup (FULL !) Topic

Posted by mapleleafs4l on 3/29/2017 1:30:00 AM (view original):
Put me down for Sweden and Czechoslovakia.
Welcome aboard the world class tournament mapleleafs, a Czech & a Swede for you!
3/29/2017 4:05 AM
Posted by taybaijor on 3/29/2017 12:12:00 AM (view original):
Finland please.
Thanks for joining taybaijor, first Finnish GM!
3/29/2017 4:07 AM
Since our first Swedish and Finnish owners have now joined the league I will clarify a potential misunderstanding concerning Tomas Sandstrom, he was born in Finland but grew up in Sweden and has always played for the Swedish national team so he can only be drafted for Sweden.
There are other such examples that I have already mentionned and I'm almost certain there are others so don't hesitate to bring them up if you are unsure, I will also check every rosters before generating the schedule to make sure all is well.
Thanks for making this happen guys, should really be interesting!
3/29/2017 4:29 AM
For those who have already joined I've made a minor but important edit to the rules which I will paste right here;

EDIT : In effort to try an even out the drafting pool for the European teams, the pool of elligible players for all owners has been limited to 67-68+ seasons. This marks the expansion season which saw the first generation of pro players who would eventually participate in the beginning of pro international hockey rivalries. This will eliminate the cheap high D players that are pretty much only available for Canada who obviously already has the largest skill pool.
3/29/2017 4:32 AM
I'll take a shot with Finland and Sweden. Thanks, 66!

Dairn

PS What do you think of Ho-Sang using #66?
3/29/2017 1:11 PM
Posted by dairn on 3/29/2017 1:11:00 PM (view original):

Dairn

Hey Dairn, great to see you join in!
I've drafted my own Sweden team and I'm very impressed by the talent pool there, a very solid roster at every position, they will need it playing in same conference as Canada and the US but I really expect them to be more than merely competitive.

About the 66 affair, I'm fine with it, just as Mario said, and he's doing it as a tribute to Lemieux and how does the saying goes? " Imitation in the most sincere form of flattery"...
I'm only worried about the kind of pressure or expectation the kid might put on himself, it's a mighty big number to try to fill...
3/29/2017 2:32 PM
Posted by 66lemieux on 3/29/2017 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dairn on 3/29/2017 1:11:00 PM (view original):

Dairn

Hey Dairn, great to see you join in!
I've drafted my own Sweden team and I'm very impressed by the talent pool there, a very solid roster at every position, they will need it playing in same conference as Canada and the US but I really expect them to be more than merely competitive.

About the 66 affair, I'm fine with it, just as Mario said, and he's doing it as a tribute to Lemieux and how does the saying goes? " Imitation in the most sincere form of flattery"...
I'm only worried about the kind of pressure or expectation the kid might put on himself, it's a mighty big number to try to fill...
No kidding, there's definite pressure with that awesome legacy! I'm fine with it, too. Got a chance to see him play live at the Canucks game early in March and boy he's got some wheels and moves. Didn't amount to anything that game, but there's talent there for sure.

Looking forward to trying to draft some Euros... should be fun!
3/29/2017 2:39 PM
I will take a Sweden team
3/29/2017 4:31 PM
Posted by Poddy on 3/29/2017 4:31:00 PM (view original):
I will take a Sweden team
Great to have you onboard the Swedish longship Poddy, the last Swedes are yours!
3/29/2017 4:59 PM
ok, I'll enter a Finnish team now and will put another if needed
3/30/2017 7:28 PM
Posted by the_skipper on 3/30/2017 7:28:00 PM (view original):
ok, I'll enter a Finnish team now and will put another if needed
Alright skipper adding you to the Finnish division thanks.
3/30/2017 7:53 PM
In with the Czechs
3/31/2017 11:48 AM
Posted by jcarver67 on 3/31/2017 11:48:00 AM (view original):
In with the Czechs
Thanks for Czeching in jcarver and don't forget the Slovaks, they have some pretty good ones too ;)
3/31/2017 12:28 PM
Question, Bondra was born in the Ukraine, can I use him with my Soviets?
4/2/2017 10:01 AM
Posted by zero1940 on 4/2/2017 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Question, Bondra was born in the Ukraine, can I use him with my Soviets?
Very good question since he's had both Soviet and Slovak passports, but as far as hockey is concerned he never played for the USSR but played 3 Olympics and several WC for Slovakia so he can only be drafted for Chechoslovakia for this league.
4/2/2017 10:36 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
#32006 Original Six Hockey World Cup (FULL !) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.