Did dirkl actually sign any of the d1AA/d2 recruits? If he didn't I am going to side with rgillespie. And are we really to believe a fraudulent account "dirkl" exposed his alias "himself is rgillespie" because 2000chamou claims he did? LOL btw thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for this stuff.
3/21/2017 10:08 AM
Gotta say all this crap turns me off.
If I am ever personally effected and find there is nothing I can do then I will probably kiss off this web site for ever.
I have enjoyed my time here and hope to keep it up. But if I feel cheated and customer service won't help then it just aint worth staying.
This is a hobby that is supposed to be fun . Once it stops being that , "Who needs it ?"
3/21/2017 11:39 AM
That db was the #1 db according to guess and i stopped battling you because TCU turned half of my class red and yellow and I was in the process of figuring out what to do with WIS customer support. You signed that guy because of it. You were the only coach battling me for a guy on the first line of my board. And the only coach to gain anything from any of this. I sign classes like the one I was about to sign all the time and have for 6 years. This TCU deal failed to disrupt my class because the person responsible thought that by having my guys yellow or red at signing and not signing his last TCU recruit that the ones we were involved with would go back into cyber space and not be signed by anyone. They didn't. They reverted back to LI since I had offered scholorships and tcu did not. WIS told me this as I was beginning to panic and began to spend the last of my money sending out ac scouts at available undecided players in my 360. During this period you signed the stud #1 DB. Again, It is all documented in my sitemails and tickets sent back and forth during this whole thing. I don't know who ddirkl is either but he sitemailed me apologizing for the trouble offered to buy me a season to make up for it. Later he sitemailed me again and named you as the coach he let recruit for his team. I don't know what else to say but that.
3/21/2017 11:46 AM
I have sitemails with Champ that include absolute fact from me that RG is not involved. Instead of relaying these communications, the accepted truth now comes from Ddirkl????... the responsible party for this situation. The guy too busy to recruit but had time to follow the forums and make his first ever post. RG was the first to call out this situation in Ddirkls Coach chat in Conf USA.. Why would a guilty person bring any attention to the unnoticed crime????? He and I then discussed the situation I made the forum post before recruiting was over so everyone could see the carnage before it was too late. If RG doesn't speak up this whole thing goes unnoticed since there was media silence from Champs end until the last minute. There are two possible scenarios: Ddirkl is not being honest, or not real. Now the guilty party is buddying up to Champ with offers of free seasons..... this smells funny.

In addition: Ddirkl did not give Champ RG's first name. I used in in a chat with Champ on Sunday.
3/21/2017 1:05 PM (edited)
lol, frequent use of the word 'fact' in many posts....Alternative facts? Fake news ?

3/21/2017 1:26 PM
LOL Realist.... I guess that me knowing absolute fact in an imaginary world is oxymoronic. BUT... it is fact in the Realistic Realm.
3/21/2017 1:49 PM
I went back and read your sitemail again robust_trex. Please post the exchange and let the community see the sitemail with the absolute fact, from you, that RG is not involved. I couldn't find it.
3/21/2017 2:03 PM
weird sh** happening. hard to follow
3/21/2017 3:02 PM
Posted by 2000champou on 3/21/2017 11:46:00 AM (view original):
That db was the #1 db according to guess and i stopped battling you because TCU turned half of my class red and yellow and I was in the process of figuring out what to do with WIS customer support. You signed that guy because of it. You were the only coach battling me for a guy on the first line of my board. And the only coach to gain anything from any of this. I sign classes like the one I was about to sign all the time and have for 6 years. This TCU deal failed to disrupt my class because the person responsible thought that by having my guys yellow or red at signing and not signing his last TCU recruit that the ones we were involved with would go back into cyber space and not be signed by anyone. They didn't. They reverted back to LI since I had offered scholorships and tcu did not. WIS told me this as I was beginning to panic and began to spend the last of my money sending out ac scouts at available undecided players in my 360. During this period you signed the stud #1 DB. Again, It is all documented in my sitemails and tickets sent back and forth during this whole thing. I don't know who ddirkl is either but he sitemailed me apologizing for the trouble offered to buy me a season to make up for it. Later he sitemailed me again and named you as the coach he let recruit for his team. I don't know what else to say but that.
If I was given the reins to recruit for ddirkl, I sure as hell wouldn't be recruiting D2 players for a D1 school. I've played and am currently playing D1 and have never had the need nor the inclination to recruit anyone but D1 players...even at a non power conference school. I posted the fact (and yes it is a fact) that I noticed that TCU was covering LI recruits at 4pm on 3/16 in the CUSA chat room. If you read that post, I asked if TCU had a vendetta against LI. I also joked that it helped all in D2 since LI was the national champ. Signings had started on 3/15 at noon. LI had signed 5 or 6 players initially. I had signed 8 of 9 spots at noon. I had 35k to spend on 1 spot. I went after a LI DB and turned him yellow. Those are the facts. Now, conjecture as to why TCU was covering 12 LI recruits? If he didn't sign them, he got no benefit. I didn't sign them so I got no benefit. Champ got them all (or the 8 or 9 he wanted). I spent 24k on the DB I signed. If I was going to cheat, don't you think I would have done it without spending 24k of recruiting money??? And how much money did you spend Champ to get all those recruits signed? How much did you put into the DB I signed from you? You seem to be the only big time benefactor here. I don't give a **** about your recruiting prowess or history. I don't give a **** if you win 200 NC's and I don't win one. I play this GAME for fun. It is a GAME of IMAGINARY football teams. Get over yourself. If you have to cheat to win a GAME of IMAGINARY football teams, you need a life.
3/21/2017 3:04 PM
Just for the record, since recruiting prowess and history seem to be under the microscope here...I have been at Findlay for 7 seasons. My recruit classes have been 9th, 2nd, 13th, 9th, 7th, 5th and 6th. Guess I don't need your recruits too badly, Champ. I got this.
3/21/2017 3:14 PM
So you know rgillespie70 outside the game in the real world and are friends that discuss GD. Hmmmm I think I'm being trolled like crazy here. Im done in the public forums let wis sort it out.
3/21/2017 3:24 PM
Yes Champ...that is FACT except the trolling... I have stuck up for you in the this mess and made it public in the forums to show the corruption before it was to late.
3/21/2017 3:29 PM
robust_trex just removed the post stating that he and rgillesie70 are friends in the real world ouside of GD. wow
3/21/2017 3:31 PM
Is it possible that neither champ or rg did anything wrong and in fact are being trolled by dirk? How does dirk get a pass in all this? It could be like Putin messing with the election, then sitting back laughing his *** off as the Republicans and Democrats point fingers at each other ?
Bad !
3/21/2017 3:35 PM
On the outside looking in, this all seems so shady. I am not an elite coach so my opinion probably doesn't matter, but I have been playing this game for many seasons in several different worlds. So I do have experience and it's taken me several (several) seasons to gradually grasp this game. The thought that someone needs to go about and do these types of things to gain an advantage - which, let's be real, something shady is going on here - is mindboggling for this type of game. For all of the stuff that goes into this game from gameplanning to recruiting to practice plans etc, is it too much of a challenge for "you" to play the game fairly? Then maybe "you" shouldn't be playing it. I've had some pretty good teams where I know coaches who are better at gameplanning probably could have gone deep into the playoffs and even won NC's with my teams (it even happened to one of my teams in Heisman the season after I left one team). Point being, I play the game within the scope of true "fair play" or "reasonable conscience" and don't resort to shady tactics to gain advantage (even though I get really frustrated sometimes). If I'm not good at one aspect of this game, then I probably won't be as successful as I want or should be and so be it. That's part of the game and it's part of it that keeps me coming back. I agree with others on here, if there are those of you that feel you need to cheat --- and it seems there are more and more examples of this happening --- then maybe playing this game isn't worth my time. I hope that's not the case as I do enjoy being here and playing. Anyway, I hope all this shady nonsense stops. Stepping off my soapbox ...
3/21/2017 3:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.