If they are trying to run off some of their best and longest-tenured coaches with their bungling of these "investigations," then they are doing a better job at that than they do even administering their own game.

This is a good statement.

nitros

3/21/2017 5:43 PM
One thing is clear. Whoever dirkl is, he's an idiot for getting himself exposed AND completely whiffing on his sabotage attempt.
3/21/2017 5:45 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/21/2017 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/21/2017 4:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/21/2017 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rgillespie70 on 3/21/2017 4:16:00 PM (view original):
TCU signed 0 recruits from the "hijacking" and took 2 SIMS out of stupidity.
... because the aim of <whoever was in control of TCU at the time> was not to sign a good class; it was to ruin Long Island's.
The he should have signed the freggin recruits...WHICH HE DIDN"T, because he was shielding them for LI.. How dumb are people?
False. TCU still signed D-IA caliber players to all but two of his available slots. He doesn't ruin his own team AND he ruins Long Island's.

This was win-win for someone. He signs a D-IA-capable class AND ruins Long Island's. Except the end of recruiting didn't work like he thought it worked and Long Island ended up with approximately the class he should've.

Not everyone takes their duplicity directly from your playbook of cheats.
To be fair I don't think this statement is entirely correct.

TCU had 2 choices.

1. Jump all over LI's recruits. Turn them green and then sign them = he ruins LI's class as well as his own. Mutual destruction as it were.
2. Jump all over LI's recruits. Turn them green and not sign them = he put a scare into LI, but because he didn't sign them, LI would get the recruits. LI as well as TCU get a legit class.

The only way it could have hurt LI is if TCU signed those players, or if LI had panicked and signed lesser players and filled his class....then watched TCU not sign LIs players and instead went with level appropriate players.

"?False. TCU still signed D-IA caliber players to all but two of his available slots. He doesn't ruin his own team AND he ruins Long Island's". = That is not true
3/21/2017 5:56 PM
Posted by columbusbuck on 3/21/2017 5:45:00 PM (view original):
One thing is clear. Whoever dirkl is, he's an idiot for getting himself exposed AND completely whiffing on his sabotage attempt.
Dirkl can only sabotage a div 2 team if he also sabotages his own team.
3/21/2017 5:58 PM
Growing up I had a few neighborhood buddies. One day after a sleep over, my topps Barry Sanders card, high top shoes and Notre Dame jacket are missing. When I discovered it, my friend A said he had no clue and it wasn't him. I questioned my other friend B who also stayed over and he said he was sure it was my other friend A. He claimed he saw A going through my cards. So I confronted A about looking through my cards and he said yes, but I never took anything. He said it was probably B trying to blame him so he doesnt get caught. So, naturally I'm ****** and feel I can't trust anyone. 6 months later, me and A are waiting at B's house for him to get home, A says, isn't that your shoes in the closet there? I looked into B's closest and not only was it my shoes, but there was my Notre Dame jacket!! After a big fight, But B finally admitted that he was jealous of me and he had sold my Barry sanders card.

true story
3/21/2017 5:59 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/21/2017 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/21/2017 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vhoward415 on 3/21/2017 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Yet again, too many coincidences stacked on one another for this to just be some terrible recruiting by a fill-in for TCU's coach. And yet again, WIS fails to recognize the fact that you can only have so many coincidences stacked together before it's no longer a coincidence.

If they are trying to run off some of their best and longest-tenured coaches with their bungling of these "investigations," then they are doing a better job at that than they do even administering their own game.

I don't know who's-who in this scenario and I probably never will. I don't feel comfortable pointing fingers at anyone - perhaps because I don't have the information that 2000champou has; or perhaps simply because whatever information does exist doesn't achieve the minimum standards for actual proof.

What I AM certain of, is that someone clearly targeted his recruiting class with specific designs on ruining it. It is simply NOT the case that:

1. A D-IA non-BCS team should be pursing more than two, maybe three, prospects that even the D-II National Champ can see. Even if they were late to the party and/or had a fill-in who was literally the worst recruiter you can imagine doing it for them.
AND
2. A D-IA non-BCS team that was pursuing more than the above two/three D-II recruits would pursue them all *from the same D-II team*. Yes, the D-II NC will see the best D-II recruits (the ones with the best chance of having even slight appeal to a D-IA school), but that team is NOT the only one with max vision. It is 100% not the case that only the NC has max vision.
AND
3. A D-IA non-BCS team would pursue ALL of his D-II recruits from well over 1,000 miles away from his campus, ALL in the same small geographic region of the US. Nope. Sorry.
AND
4. A D-IA non-BCS team would not pursue some D-IAA Undecideds, at least in addition to but more likely instead of, prior to dipping to D-II.
AND
5. That D-IA non-BCS team would then hold out his last remaining scholarship and not sign it, even when some of those D-II recruits were Green to him, through the final cycle of recruiting and force himself to take a SimAI recruit unnecessarily.

For the math-literate among us, let's say for the sake of pure simplicity that all of the above had a 50/50 chance of happening (or not happening). Bear with me, please, because I know those chances are skewed horribly from reality. Also assume all five events are statistically independent of one-another, which I believe is a close enough approximation. In that case, there is a 1-in-32 (two to the fifth power) chance that all five would simultaneously occur. That's just over 3%.

That's already suspicious enough to warrant investigation, but not cosmically impossible. But the reality is that there aren't 50/50 chances of each happening. I'd say if we were to theoretically look at the data since the beginning of WIS, there's a less than 5% chance of any of those five things happening, independent of one another. Even that feels really high to me, but I'll error on the side of coincidence. So... what's twenty to the fifth power?

3.2 million

1 in 3.2 million that it's coincidence and that the fill-in was horrible and made all these "coincidental" mistakes.

Nah.
Are you going to write a blog about it? You didn't have a problem pointing a finger at me when, even after BK agreed that I didn't cheat him. But I had to admit that in his eyes it looked like cheating.

BTW, I think you are completely wrong. I think the dirkl account was used to shield the LI's players NOT steal them. LI knew he would get the recruits after all the dust settled. Not to mention, he has offered up entirely too much speculative info.

In the end nothing will proved or disproved and we can continue to debate it. Or at least for another two weeks.
Awww... did I hurt your feelings? I've Amazon Prime'd a box of tissue to your house. It'll be there two days from now. That should be OK, though, because apparently you're having a hard time getting over it.

Any viewpoint that necessarily implies that 2000champou needed TCU to act as a shield entirely lacks context. He's been pulling down Top 5 and 10 classes for years without protection from D-IA "akites". Quite unlike you.
My feelings have been hurt for over a month now yes. I take this game too seriously and I do not like people thinking I cheated. Outside of my wrestling coaching, my wife, my five children, and my yearly cruise; you people and WIS is all I have.

I seriously felt like sticking a pepsi bottle in my mouth and sprinting into a brick wall. I settled in on running home locking myself in my bedroom, playing REM-Everyone hurts sometime whilst crying to my pillow. j/k but seriously I was pretty upset.

back to this incident, I thought everyone said the d1 team didn't sign any recruits? If he signed all his d1 recruits then that is different.
3/21/2017 6:13 PM
So I didn't rat anyone out for this, and I posted back on page 1 what happened

This thread is becoming obvious, with facts lol, "I have facts", then no facts, tickets, dramatic concern, deleting posts with guilt, Ill post facts I sent, etc

Here is a theory, and no I have no facts either, a 3rd user orchestrated it. this could be someone who just got beat by Champs is a little jealous , finds out someone is helping me recruit while I was away, gets that person to mess with the champ, however not knowing what ever mid major D1 coach knows, that when you get pouched by a bcs they come back if they bcs doesn't sign them. how do so many geeks with 35 teams not know every top recruit signs?
Said persons sends tickets and start threads to provoke champ in open and cover them.
really people are sending tickets about recruiting that doesn't effect them?? and sending champ site mails about it

I told Champ Id take the hit so he can move on (hopefully with 1 eye open, in D2 for 2 coaches) and to make it clear I have 1 account, and are not champ. I am not champ, I didn't try and help him.
so here you go

So yes TCU covered LI on recruits, knowing he would just get them like every mid major coach knows to make him worry, I signed 2 sims for the 1st time ever to mess with champ, had worst class while at TCU worried about him a season removed from a top 20 14 win season.
I may have done it for back ups in case I ,missed on my guys.
I wasted my money recruiting d2 guys and then offered to buy champ one (something he revealed not me).
So even though I did this, I changed my password just in case!!
Maybe Ill show up in the great lakes or Gulf soon

3/21/2017 6:42 PM
This looks good.. will someone please translate this
3/21/2017 6:55 PM
Posted by akua29 on 3/21/2017 6:55:00 PM (view original):
This looks good.. will someone please translate this
It's an example of the infinite monkey theorum. The theorum states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.
3/21/2017 7:10 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 3/21/2017 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/21/2017 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/21/2017 4:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/21/2017 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rgillespie70 on 3/21/2017 4:16:00 PM (view original):
TCU signed 0 recruits from the "hijacking" and took 2 SIMS out of stupidity.
... because the aim of <whoever was in control of TCU at the time> was not to sign a good class; it was to ruin Long Island's.
The he should have signed the freggin recruits...WHICH HE DIDN"T, because he was shielding them for LI.. How dumb are people?
False. TCU still signed D-IA caliber players to all but two of his available slots. He doesn't ruin his own team AND he ruins Long Island's.

This was win-win for someone. He signs a D-IA-capable class AND ruins Long Island's. Except the end of recruiting didn't work like he thought it worked and Long Island ended up with approximately the class he should've.

Not everyone takes their duplicity directly from your playbook of cheats.
To be fair I don't think this statement is entirely correct.

TCU had 2 choices.

1. Jump all over LI's recruits. Turn them green and then sign them = he ruins LI's class as well as his own. Mutual destruction as it were.
2. Jump all over LI's recruits. Turn them green and not sign them = he put a scare into LI, but because he didn't sign them, LI would get the recruits. LI as well as TCU get a legit class.

The only way it could have hurt LI is if TCU signed those players, or if LI had panicked and signed lesser players and filled his class....then watched TCU not sign LIs players and instead went with level appropriate players.

"?False. TCU still signed D-IA caliber players to all but two of his available slots. He doesn't ruin his own team AND he ruins Long Island's". = That is not true
I do not at all think it was common knowledge that a Red recruit that someone else doesn't sign will go to some other team (when the last cycle of recruiting hits) who happened to offer that Red recruit a scholarship. I will readily admit *I* did not know that's how it would work out. Did you, until this thread? Maybe you did. Maybe I'm behind on this?

It doesn't matter what DID happen; it matters what TCU INTENDED to have happen. And without knowledge of the way the last cycle actually works, I think it's completely reasonable to imagine those recruits just disappear. *I* thought that's what happened if the team in "possession" of the recruits did not sign them. Clearly, the way it does work is better, because it discourages the kind of thing that I believe TCU's coach was after.

Look at the FR, with the exception of the two SimAIs, on TCU's current roster. They are roughly non-BCS appropriate players. So what's not true about what I said? He didn't ruin his team. The only thing that didn't turn out to be true is "ruins Long Island's," which I still maintain was simply a botched execution due to ignorance of the inner workings of last-cycle recruiting.

Why are people trying to come up with all sorts of far-fetched scenarios? The simplest, most straight-forward, and believable, explanation is that someone was trying to F- with his class. Period. I don't know who. Where's bkdries when you need him?
3/21/2017 8:12 PM
Posted by ddirkl on 3/21/2017 6:42:00 PM (view original):

This thread is becoming obvious, with facts lol, "I have facts", then no facts, tickets, dramatic concern, deleting posts with guilt, Ill post facts I sent, etc

Here is a theory, and no I have no facts either, a 3rd user orchestrated it. this could be someone who just got beat by Champs is a little jealous , finds out someone is helping me recruit while I was away, gets that person to mess with the champ, however not knowing what ever mid major D1 coach knows, that when you get pouched by a bcs they come back if they bcs doesn't sign them. how do so many geeks with 35 teams not know every top recruit signs?
Said persons sends tickets and start threads to provoke champ in open and cover them.
really people are sending tickets about recruiting that doesn't effect them?? and sending champ site mails about it

I told Champ Id take the hit so he can move on (hopefully with 1 eye open, in D2 for 2 coaches) and to make it clear I have 1 account, and are not champ. I am not champ, I didn't try and help him.
so here you go

So yes TCU covered LI on recruits, knowing he would just get them like every mid major coach knows to make him worry, I signed 2 sims for the 1st time ever to mess with champ, had worst class while at TCU worried about him a season removed from a top 20 14 win season.
I wasted my money recruiting d2 guys and then offered to buy champ one (something he revealed not me).

You need to give up the name of the person who you gave your account info to, who ran the TCU recruiting for that period. They cheated in this game, you have to give them up or we're holding you responsible.

Until you give up the name, I will go out of my way to steal your recruits if/when I rejoin Leahy or Hayes, and I suggest everyone else do the same.
3/21/2017 8:19 PM
I am in Leahy. So I could see the recruits with both TCU and LI ( how else would anyone know there was a conflict unless you could see the two teams on a recruit) So they weren't red, they were yellow.

In that situation, if one team signs another player, the team remaining on the yellow ...gets him.

3/21/2017 9:11 PM (edited)
Posted by z32fanatic on 3/21/2017 8:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ddirkl on 3/21/2017 6:42:00 PM (view original):

so here you go

You need to give up the name of the person who you gave your account info to, who ran the TCU recruiting for that period. They cheated in this game, you have to give them up or we're holding you responsible.

Until you give up the name, I will go out of my way to steal your recruits if/when I rejoin Leahy or Hayes, and I suggest everyone else do the same.
Agree 100%

No reason not to. It would put an end to the chaos and finger pointing.
3/21/2017 8:33 PM
I'm not sure what I'm most disappointed about. The fact that 1) some coaches feel the need to get cheat or find some grey area, in order to win in this game OR 2) no one can just be truthful about what occurred. The truth is out there somewhere. Seriously guys, can the guilty party just fess up, so we can all move on?

I hate the example we are setting with new coaches starting out and reading this crap. For those new coaches reading this, please be patient. These coaches who bend the rules are not the norm in this game, but they are unfortunately allowed to continue this activity, as WIS refuses to show leadership that we desperately want and need. I'm not naïve enough to believe we'll rid this game of these trolls, but it should not change the way the vast majority play and conduct ourselves.
3/21/2017 8:53 PM
Alright guys, this is what we have.

Ddirkl allowed rgillespie70 to have access to his account to recruit for him, this is a violation of our Terms of Use and should not be done in any circumstance.

Rgillespie70 then took advantage of that access to attempt to sabotage recruiting efforts of other teams in Leahy.

Both offending accounts have been locked out of site for these violations.

Thank you.
3/21/2017 9:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.