I took a break from this thread because I was worn out with it, but I want everyone to know that I was in contact with robust_trex back and forth during this whole mess. We had a bit of bantering back and forth. I was convinced his friend was the guy and he was convinced he wasn't. As time went on, I began to wonder about his involvement. I read and re-read our sitemails to each other and also had information I was getting from the various tickets and sitemail received from the parties directly involved. I want to be very clear about this. I do not believe that robust_trex was involved in any of this. He forwarded me some info in a sitemail that had a back and forth between himself and realist and he genuinely was baffled by what was happening. He doesn't know me from adam and he was personal friends with rgillespie70 so in that text he was torn and didn't know who to believe. Again, he didn't send that to me to prove non-involvement because I never accused him of anything except having a dirt bag friend. That text was taken out of a rant where he was trying to say something else but after reviewing everything it stood out to me. robust_trex just sided with his friend in a dispute and I cant fault him for that. I look forward to continuing our rivalry in Leahy and would like to remind him that after beating him in the NC last season, Long Island is now 3 games ahead of Valdosta St. in all time wins! Rock on robust_trex and I see you in the trenches this season. (hopefully on the other side of my bracket!)
3/22/2017 3:39 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/21/2017 11:18:00 PM (view original):
2000champ and GT Duece, I am sorry. I got this one wrong.. It really was so simple and honestly I did think someone would be so stupid. Once again sorry guys.
I appreciate it. We've all misjudged at some point or another. The whole community, beyond just 2000champou, was victimized here.
3/22/2017 4:59 PM
Posted by jibe717 on 3/21/2017 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by WIS_Support on 3/21/2017 9:03:00 PM (view original):
Alright guys, this is what we have.

Ddirkl allowed rgillespie70 to have access to his account to recruit for him, this is a violation of our Terms of Use and should not be done in any circumstance.

Rgillespie70 then took advantage of that access to attempt to sabotage recruiting efforts of other teams in Leahy.

Both offending accounts have been locked out of site for these violations.

Thank you.
I for one was very unaware that it is a violation to have another user recruit for you. I on a couple occasions have had another user recruit for me and I have recruited for others numerous times. I have seen guys advertise on the forums for someone to sit in for them in recruiting many times as well. Is co-coaching any sort of violation too? Can you clarify these rules?

Also it says they have been locked out. Does that mean they are banned and their teams are therefore on auto pilot so to speak?
What is co-coaching?
3/22/2017 6:04 PM
Co Coaching is when 2 coaches coach one team. Usually one coaches the offense and one the defense.
3/22/2017 6:30 PM
Co-coaching is when 2 people are on the same account, and you split up stuff like gameplanning or recruiting, presumably neither owners have additional teams in that world. It can be a fun way to get better and has been common in the past.

I'm also surprised it's not allowed to share your login with others, for the reasons jibe mentioned, and would like clarification on that as well.
3/22/2017 6:31 PM
Thanks for better description Z32.
3/22/2017 6:40 PM
If WIS bans everyone who's had someone recruit for them, I truly wonder if there would be *anyone* left?
3/22/2017 6:43 PM
I would be gone. In the old days, I helped "trusted" peers and vice Versa a couple of times.
3/22/2017 6:50 PM
Guess that is a no-no but two teams in same world is "fair play".....
3/22/2017 6:52 PM
Wow, I should really read GD forums more often. I have a pretty good D2 team in Leahy and had no idea any of this was going on right under my nose. I just spent half of my morning catching up on this thread. This is edge-of-your seat drama. But, in all seriousness, I'm glad to hear that champ was innocent in the matter and that those involved have been dealt with.
3/23/2017 11:12 AM
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/22/2017 6:43:00 PM (view original):
If WIS bans everyone who's had someone recruit for them, I truly wonder if there would be *anyone* left?
When I first started, way back in GD 1.0 "Rugby," there was a huge fight transpiring between two coaches that were fighting over who rightfully owns a certain team. I cannot remember what team it was or what coaches but the situation was very similar your yours and vhowards. Basically, the old coach gave up a decent account to someone else and he in turn created a powerhouse with the team. Old owner wanted it back. HUGE fight ensued. Perhaps that is why the language was written into the WIS guidelines.
3/23/2017 11:33 AM
Posted by slayterhill on 3/23/2017 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Wow, I should really read GD forums more often. I have a pretty good D2 team in Leahy and had no idea any of this was going on right under my nose. I just spent half of my morning catching up on this thread. This is edge-of-your seat drama. But, in all seriousness, I'm glad to hear that champ was innocent in the matter and that those involved have been dealt with.
They have been executed under the little known Wis clause: "If you do'd it, you get a licking" !
3/23/2017 6:55 PM (edited)
Lmao he sent in a ticket and got himself busted LOL
3/23/2017 3:28 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/23/2017 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/22/2017 6:43:00 PM (view original):
When I first started, way back in GD 1.0 "Rugby," there was a huge fight transpiring between two coaches that were fighting over who rightfully owns a certain team. I cannot remember what team it was or what coaches but the situation was very similar your yours and vhowards. Basically, the old coach gave up a decent account to someone else and he in turn created a powerhouse with the team. Old owner wanted it back. HUGE fight ensued. Perhaps that is why the language was written into the WIS guidelines.
Yeah... that sounds vaguely familiar.
3/23/2017 5:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.