ODL 64 Team Rosters and Thoughts Topic

Posted by vancem on 3/23/2017 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Guess what dh555 ? ? ? The jokes going to be on all of you guys.

The plan was to: 1) come back into the ODL, 2) make it look like I'm rusty and out of touch with reality to throw everybody off, 3) essentially tank the season to have a shot at the lottery (as you obviously did the season before last) to get the # 1 pick to draft Wilt. I mean how did the best owner in the basketball SIM get the # 1 pick in the ODL with out the fix being in?

There's an ongoing investigation my friend with the details to be released very soon Ha Ha!
he knows too much....

who let this guy in?
3/23/2017 1:16 PM

copernicus

1. Jason Kidd - Well at least you won't have to worry about seble manipulating your FTAs this time around.
2. Old a$s Bill Russell - Are you a masochist? Big Ben and DeAndre just sittin there...

Glad you brought this up - 68/69 season (criminally his only 90d) = ~400 more minutes for the same money as Ben and/or ~400 more minutes for ~1m less than Deandre - sure they're slightly better on the boards or D or both but that doesn't make Bill any less a value pick in a lowish capped league (and anyway as Bill Murray says in Meatballs (and I'm paraphrasing here): "It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter! because Scott is still gonna find a way to screw me!") - anyway keep up the good work
3/23/2017 2:23 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/22/2017 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhsukow on 3/22/2017 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Penny has been drafted in the 1st round for 7 straight ODL's. He has made the playoffs in that span twice.
wow. that's not a good omen
Also has 2 rings in last 11 and 3 in last 16 seasons right? Nothing wrong with that. Penny is a stud.
3/23/2017 2:26 PM
ben has curry and deandre bad for the rest of us
3/23/2017 2:27 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 3/23/2017 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Jcred hasn't drafted Ben Wallace and he hasn't gone 29th since at least ODL 53
These are awesome - keep them coming. Small favor, I want you to go deep on Terry Porter. I would swear he's gone from a 3rd rounder to mid/early 2nd rounder over the last 10 ODL's. How's my memory?
3/23/2017 2:53 PM
Posted by dh555 on 3/23/2017 2:05:00 PM (view original):
The Evals of Sorrow

Like my two favorite NBA players ever...I'm going for the throat. Absolutely no mercy. I've reached my ODL peak, and before the inevitable fall, I'm going to rain insults down on you peasants from my 67 win high Wiltzilla throne. There will be no praise given...only reasons for your impending doom.

Enjoy! : )

mikee1

1. LeBron - Terrible. Wilt>LeBron. You of all people should know mike. Don't you have like 7 chips with Wilt in the 52? "oooh he's too expensive" That's a losers mentality. I won with 19200 minutes last season! Wilt played all 48 every playoff game and never dipped below 100% He's a monster. Grab some low usg bombers or boarders and sac up. You missed a chance for a guaranteed playoff spot and nightly 34/25/12's.

rjk2781

1. Wilt - I'm curious to see how you're gonna screw this one up. You literally can't fail in the 2nd and 3rd round. The 4th/5th is where most Wilt teams screw it up. I like your chances there.

banditone

1. Traded to benhoidal - *slow drawn out clap* ... well bandit I gotta hand it to ya. I didn't understand the angle at first. What's he doing picking closer to 1?. I knew bandit was up to something. I thought maybe he was gonna shock us with a crazy pick like ******* or something. Or maybe just go for the ol' fashioned 3/4 blowup(2/3 in this case) after picking Curry or KAJ. Nope...even better...

Trade Curry to the best odl owner and don't get back a 1st or 3rd?

666ace

1. GOAT - Poor MJ is still looking for his first title in the ODL. Looks like that streak will continue.

jhsukow

1. Dwight - Over KAJ and Shaq? Awful. Another scared owner who hates 46/17/8s. You might as well completely b!tch out and not use his 10-11 while you're at it.

uptowngbv

1. Shaq - Can't argue with the pick but I bet you're already thinking about which season of his to use. Which means you've probably already lost. There is only one.

ysw128

1. Rodman - See the problem with taking Rodman over KAJ or Mailman is that you MUST nail that 2nd round pick or you're finished. Do you trust you to make that correct pick? I don't.

milest

1. Karl Malone - Oh I get it. He's the upgraded version of ****** from your championship team. Well gooood for you!(Christian Bale voice). These splashy, expensive trades always backfire.
1. CP3 - Again? Booorrrriiiiing. Enjoy the wait.

bkbillups

1. Kareem - Hmmmmm...how can you mess up a gift like Kareem at #9 I wonder....
1. Wade - Oh I know! Take a 9.5 mil player who has 7% higher usg and 7% lower efg. Brilliant!

cjok1051

1. traded to milest - You really think it's gonna happen again? Trading out of the 1st is always stupid. Especially with Moses/Drob/CP3 on the board. You got lucky the first time it happened. You're not getting *** *** and ****** in the 2nd this time and you sure as hell aint getting ***** in the 4th. Let's see who leads the B team this time around.

coachcroft

1. Magic Johnson - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....whew...thanks...I needed a good laugh like that. Lakers fan right? I wonder what will hurt more - This 30 win season you're about to have, or watching the Sixers get the #4 overall pick from the Lakers in the lottery.

benhoidal

1. Curry - Well since I can't talk bad about the this team yet(bandit!!!!) let's talk about last seasons team ben. Remember when Wilt was playing against you in the playoffs and put up a 35/20/14 then a 28/21/10 followed by a 30/23/14 and finally wrapping up the series with a 32/21/12? Good times.
2. DeAndre - Jordan should be a 1st rounder. I'm pretty sure ben made a deal with the devil(seble?). 666ace might be involved as well. I dunno. But I don't like it.

jkaye24

1. DRob - Third times the charm eh jkaye? Wrong! Not with that boring repeat Drob pick. No way you top last seasons effort with him. Nowhere to go but down.
2. Deron Williams - Always the bridesmaid huh? No Nash for you!

dh555

1. Larry Legend - I was surprised to learn I never drafted him before in the ODL. I already got a 52 ring with him, so I might as well get him one in the ODL too. I'm not a pu$$y so I'll be using 87-88 and giving you all 30ppg on 50/40/90 shooting.
2. Nash - Too easy.

pointfwd

1. Durant - Fresh fish! Fresh fish! Fresh fish! Fresh fish! Fresh fish! Fresh fish! Don't worry. It'll get easier next season when you have Wilt, LeBron, or Curry.
2. Terry Porter - Over Nash? That's ok...rookie mistake. One I'm thrilled to take advantage of. Thanks buddy.

ImPagliacci

1. Barkley - Woah! The freshest of fishes. Virgin Sacrifices all season long fellas! They say you always remember your first time...well that sucks for you. Bird won't be gentle.
2. Klay - Ok..ok...coming in strong with your big capital letter username(wtf?) and dangerous inside-out combo. Don't get too cocky kid. Long way to go.

mcdarsh

1. traded to bkbillups - Wade is a monster to build around if you know how to use him. And you probably don't, so maybe it's best you passed on him. Probably better just to play it safe with a bunch of 2nd tier stars and cruise to 40 wins.
2. Anthony Davis - Wade and Davis could have been a nice foundation for contender. Oh well. You have your 3rd round picks.

vancem

1. Moses - There goes vance making a big splash in his ODL debut(return?). Moses was a great pick up and vance is very good in the 52. I could be worried here...
1. Dr. J - Whew! Ok...he's like me and is stuck in a 52 mindset that will lead to him being short on mins. He blew the big bucks on a SG that doesn't shoot 3s...after he already had the oreb% god Moses. Thanks vance...I was worried there for a sec.

eleibowitz

1. Timmmmaaayy - Since leibo can't do it anymore, I guess I'll have to carry on his old tradition of winning the ODL every 5 years. ODL 68 is mine.
2. Billups - Hah! Enjoy all those....all those..mis..*chokes up*...sorry I can't do it to him....*runs out*

jcred5

1. Draymond - Yuck. Too early for a role playing SF. You can find those throughout the draft. You passed up some elite role playing PGs and PF/Cs to take that nut-hugging turnover machine.
2. Big Ben - You and copernicus battling over the high usg scraps in the 3rd and 4th should be entertaining.

scudmissle

1. Stockton - Yea that's the right pick, but I bet old man scud spent too many nights in the opium den to remember which season to use.
2. KG - That's a lot of cash for someone who better not end up as your highest usg player. But he could be worth it if the right season is used. Don't screw it up.

midzim

1. Artis Gilmore - Who here is glad midzim wasted his 1st on Gilmore? Come on...dont lie. Even if you kinda liked him, I bet you're relieved he took him so you wouldn't have the temptation of taking him. He's like the ugly girl at the bar that everyone swears they won't take home. Then it starts to get late, and you're drunk, and you start to consider it. But your buddy beats you to it and you wake up the next morning thrilled he took that bullet for you.
2. Scottie Pippen - Poor Scottie. Probably sitting next to Artis at the press conference table with a horrified look on his face thinking, "I go from MJ to this?" And I bet Artis just farted too.

copernicus

1. Jason Kidd - Well at least you won't have to worry about seble manipulating your FTAs this time around.
2. Old a$s Bill Russell - Are you a masochist? Big Ben and DeAndre just sittin there...

bds9992

1. Penny - Sorry I didn't get your Big Bang joke. I try not to watch sh!tty TV shows.
2. Kawhi - Good job passing up great available big men for a 29 min SG. It's super tough to find SGs later. Especially ones that can play with Penny. He's so one-dimensional. You should appreciate that sarcasm. I'm sure they use it a lot on that sh!tty TV show of yours.
These are awesome dh. Usually evals are a "love in" for 90% of the teams, except mine when someone usually says something like "meh - fringe playoff" and I get all sad. This is much more enjoyable....
3/23/2017 2:56 PM
Posted by jcred5 on 3/23/2017 2:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhsukow on 3/23/2017 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Jcred hasn't drafted Ben Wallace and he hasn't gone 29th since at least ODL 53
These are awesome - keep them coming. Small favor, I want you to go deep on Terry Porter. I would swear he's gone from a 3rd rounder to mid/early 2nd rounder over the last 10 ODL's. How's my memory?
Highest he went was 33rd in 56 and lowest was 65th in 53. ADP is 47.4.
3/23/2017 3:00 PM
Banditone drafted Bob McAdoo at 37.... I'm still trying to figure out why McAdoo isn't a first round staple...
3/23/2017 4:15 PM
DH, these evals are fantastic!
3/23/2017 6:53 PM
Absolutely nailed Nash vs DWill - I had them in the same order you did.
3/23/2017 7:46 PM
Posted by milest on 3/23/2017 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Banditone drafted Bob McAdoo at 37.... I'm still trying to figure out why McAdoo isn't a first round staple...
I traded up to get bastard too. Figures.
3/23/2017 11:37 PM
Anybody interested in Dr J please make me an offer. BTW I hate it when dh555 is right $%#%^$# ! Thanks,
3/24/2017 12:18 PM
nice...the seeds of doubt have been planted......
3/24/2017 12:39 PM
Dirk & Melo on the same team? Put me in that division
3/24/2017 3:03 PM
This is a stunning round 3 slate of players
3/24/2017 4:56 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
ODL 64 Team Rosters and Thoughts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.