Just for Fun,...Comedy Classics Topic

This is a variation on a theme that ran years ago. The league was both competitive and entertaining.
Draft a full roster of 200K players. Replace those players with renamed versions of the 18/10 WAA AAA that you draft.
Standard WIS schedule format. NO WW, no trades, no injuries. DH both leagues. No AAA salary cap.
Claim your category when signing up. League number site-mailed upon declaration.
I will take the 24th team.
Divisions will be separated into the following categories,...

SitCom Heroes
-from the Bunkers to the Bundys, from Fred Sanford to Chandler Bing, Name your players after your favorite television situation comedies characters.
SNL
-Eddie Murphy aka Velvet Jones, Chris Farley aka Matt Foley, Mike Myers aka Wayne Campbell. Name your players after your favorite SNL characters and actors.
Stand Up & Late Night
-Late night classics such as David Letterman and Johnny Carson, Stand Up Comics such as Louis Black and Robin Williams. Name your players after some of the funniest and most influential comics ever.
Family Guy/Simpsons
-Moe Szyslak, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Groundskeeper Willie, Glen Quagmire, Cleveland Brown, Buzz Killington. The choices are endless when taken from these two universes.
Mel & Monte
-Name your players after any character in the Monte Python Flying Circus or a Mel Brooks movie. The circus offers the likes of Mr Creosote, Ron Obvious and King Arthur. Mel offers Lone Starr, Hedley Lamarr, and Frederick Frankenstein. Limitless choices.
Random Cartoon Classics
-Whether you prefer Mickey Mouse, Betty Boop and Foghorn Leghorn or have a taste for Sterling Archer, Bob Oblong, and Spanky Hamm, you have plenty of options in this catagory.

National League
SitCom Heroes
1. dilligafdbp
2. fatboydad54
3. clk0619
4. cdhaynes00

SNL

StandUp/Late Night

American League
Simpsons/Family Guy

Mel & Monte
1. specsman
2. good_beef

Cartoon Classics
1. mars2010

3/23/2017 8:42 PM (edited)
give me Mel & Monte
3/21/2017 9:56 AM
We'll take SitCom Heroes
3/21/2017 12:45 PM
I will take also SitCom Heroes
3/22/2017 12:22 AM
sit com here
3/22/2017 12:44 PM
I'm in. Cartoon Classics please.
3/22/2017 1:15 PM
Ill take the last sitcom spot please and thank you.
3/22/2017 8:06 PM
"Thank you. The new phone book is here, the new phone book is here! Are you kidding? Page 73...Johnson... Navin... R...!!! I'm a somebody now!!! Millions of people look at this book every day. This is the kind of spontaneous publicity.., your name in print,.. that makes people!!!
I'm in print. Things are going to start happening to me now."

-Navin R Johnson aka The Jerk
3/22/2017 10:41 PM (edited)
I'll take Mel Brooks, who's movies became Classic Icons, before all of this Political Correctness crap,Ruined our society & culture!!?
3/23/2017 12:42 PM
Posted by good_beef on 3/23/2017 12:42:00 PM (view original):
I'll take Mel Brooks, who's movies became Classic Icons, before all of this Political Correctness crap,Ruined our society & culture!!?
Bart: Are we awake?
Jim: We’re not sure. Are we…black?
Bart: Yes we are.
Jim: Then we’re awake, but we’re very puzzled.
[Jim grabs liquor bottle]
Bart: Maybe you should eat something first.
Jim: No, food makes me sick.
Bart: A man drinks like that and he don’t eat, he is going to DIE!
Jim: When?
Bart: What’s your name?
Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me….Jim.
Bart: Ok Jim, since you are my guest and I am your host, what’s your pleasure? What do you like to do?
Jim: Oh, I don’t know. Play chess…screw…
Bart: Well let’s play chess.
3/23/2017 8:39 PM
"There are millions of great women in the world, but they won't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of them just cheat on you."

-Silent Bob
3/24/2017 1:16 PM
Just for Fun,...Comedy Classics Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.