Finding EE decisions Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
NEWS

But you need to copy/paste before the info is replaced by more current news
3/21/2017 6:08 AM (edited)
And this is the only way to find out, because I can't look farther into the past now with all the headlines of new coach changes in Div I
3/21/2017 6:10 AM
it actually would be a nice feature to add a column to the EE board saying "Declared" or something, even an asterisk next to guys who go EE. there's no realistic reason that information should become a treasure hunt.
3/21/2017 7:10 AM
Agree, the Big Board should change to "declared".
3/21/2017 7:41 AM
I was surprised by this when 3.0 launched. people noted it. Some folks argued it was good to hide the info. I think its a pain.

3/21/2017 12:42 PM
I don't see any reason to hide it. In reality when someone declares it's public information and we get the headlines in espn. It's not a private type of information, all users should see who had declared and decided to stay.
3/21/2017 1:07 PM
I agree this is not entirely realistic. However, I think the unintended consequences of making them all public would harm gameplay. For better or worse (worse, IMO, but I'm in the minority) recruiting is still driven by resources, and is essentially still a commodity game, albeit more rational than the previous installment. I assume the reason most want to have this info available is so they have a better idea of how many resources a team they're battling might get for the second session. Keeping this info undisclosed, or at least tough to get comprehensively, encourages coaches to battle for players, bidding their value, instead of reverting back to the old process of determining resources - and then staying out of battles.
3/21/2017 2:05 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. The info is out there, you just have to work to get it.
3/21/2017 2:19 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/21/2017 2:05:00 PM (view original):
I agree this is not entirely realistic. However, I think the unintended consequences of making them all public would harm gameplay. For better or worse (worse, IMO, but I'm in the minority) recruiting is still driven by resources, and is essentially still a commodity game, albeit more rational than the previous installment. I assume the reason most want to have this info available is so they have a better idea of how many resources a team they're battling might get for the second session. Keeping this info undisclosed, or at least tough to get comprehensively, encourages coaches to battle for players, bidding their value, instead of reverting back to the old process of determining resources - and then staying out of battles.
That's logical, and a good understanding of the game, big-picture. You shouldn't be in the minority.
3/21/2017 5:13 PM
why make THESE particular bits of info hard to find?

why not obscure who won the tournament last season?

why not obscure rosters - knowing how many seniors your opponent has tells you way more than does EEs - why obscure THIS particular data and not all kinds of other data?

esp since in real life one of the most known things is who has declared early for the draft.....lets obscure what is in real life the most open and widely reported info

why not obscure team prestige? player ratings?
3/21/2017 9:43 PM
I too really think hiding this particular info is nonsense.
3/21/2017 9:51 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 3/21/2017 9:43:00 PM (view original):

why not obscure rosters - knowing how many seniors your opponent has tells you way more than does EEs - why obscure THIS particular data and not all kinds of other data?

esp since in real life one of the most known things is who has declared early for the draft.....lets obscure what is in real life the most open and widely reported info

I thought I was clear, maybe not. The reason people want to see who the early entries are is so they can determine how many resources a rival may have to spend for a given recruit in the second session. That's the only reason I care, it's the only reason I would go looking for the data. I assume that's mostly true for everyone who gives an early entry list a second thought. I'm not a developer, so I don't know whether keeping the early entry news obscured is intentional or not - I suspect it is, but I don't know. I do know that making it clear would have the effect of discouraging battles for recruits in the second session. As long as recruiting is a resource-based commodity game - and believe me, I would much prefer a game where recruiting has nothing to do with bidding - there's some sacrifice of realism so the game stays competitive, and elite commodities don't become self-perpetuating.

So to answer the question why this, and not prestige or who won the championship, or whatever else, it's because this is the easy thing, and # of scholarships is still likely to be the single biggest factor in who gets the recruit in any given battle.
3/22/2017 1:31 AM (edited)
Posted by fd343ny on 3/21/2017 9:43:00 PM (view original):

That was kind of exactly what I was thinking when I heard some here expressing to obscure the EE declaration list.

When you looking at things like recruiting, then ok, in real life there are some obscure facts of what your competitors are doing in recruiting and hence we see it also being obscure in HD which is perfectly legitimate.

But info on EE declarations, makes no sense that it is obscure. I think it's especially odd that we really can have a direct and easily available information on the outlook (likely going, staying, etc...) of the players decision, but his announcement if he declared or not, is obscure. In real life it's kind of the opposite. Only the inside source kind of known the outlook, but once he declared his decision, it's public information all over.
3/22/2017 1:55 AM (edited)
one possibility is that WIS intentionally has made this info harder to see and retain

another is that they didnt think thru and handle this second order effect of the changes in recruitinhg timeline with 3.0

some will assume WIS thought things through - I will assume they didnt. People can each make their assumption. Someday, when there is a dev chat again, we can ask....if and when WIS deigns to communicate with its customars.
3/22/2017 1:58 AM
123456 Next ▸
Finding EE decisions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.