Finding EE decisions Topic

Posted by Benis on 3/22/2017 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Mike - I agree. Having more information is better than not. It's an advantage. I don't think it's a huge advantage to see that a team had 1 EE tho.

But mostly I disagree with the idea that this would give the team with EE SUCH an advantage that other teams would be scared off of recruits and would reduce battling. This is ridiculous and wouldn't happen. This is especially true for the top recruits and what Seble wanted to fix in 3.0

Teams with EEs are going to be battling for top recruits primarily. So let's say you're battling UNC and Duke for the #1 player who is a late signer. Openings are all even between you and those 2 teams. So you battle back and forth throughout the first session. You can clearly see both of those teams have EEs on the big board so you know it's a possibility they could get some extra funds in the 2nd session. You go all in and you end the 1st session tied VH with UNC and Duke.

Now, before the start of the 2nd session, you see that UNC got 1 EE and Duke got 2 EEs. Are you going to just concede this recruit to them and give up? Obviously not. If you do, then you're obviously a pretty terrible coach and you have no clue what you're doing. You've already invested so much in the battle. And even if you're knocked down to high, you still have a chance to win. These are great "pot odds".

And even if you did just give up, at this point, UNC and Duke would still have had to put in max effort to get the player. They didn't just get gifted the player like many have complained about that would happen in 2.0. There is no snowballing. None.
Ok.... What if its A+/A-/A prestige? That is more than likely a division 1 coach with a tremendous resume... So what's your point if some1 who is mediocre/good at the game going to do against a elite coach in the world and is a veteran and the game is also winner ball?
3/22/2017 7:35 PM
such a simple and reasonable request to correct a clear oversight in HD3 has really yet again devolved into the same foolishness.
3/22/2017 7:36 PM
Why do you want it done?
3/22/2017 7:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2017 5:21:00 PM (view original):
You seem to be avoiding the obvious.

Why should it be easily available?
Is it an advantage to know how much resources another team has available?
it should be easily available because it was easily available in 2.0 and nothing about the change to 3.0 calls for eliminating access to this info.

It was easy to tell because EEs happened and rosters changed before you recruited. You could see it.

in 3.0 you cant. the burden should be on those we argue that this information is rightly made unavailable,
3/22/2017 8:43 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by buddhagamer on 3/22/2017 6:34:00 PM (view original):
I think what Shoe is saying Benis is this:

Clemson and UCLA are on a 4 star which you haven't gone all in on (I'm VH, you are lurking at VL). Shoe's Lipscomb is presently in the lead over you for a 2 star recruit which you've targeted as a backup option in case you lose the 4 star to me.

So shoe wants it so that you are dumbfounded, unable to figure out I lost 2 EEs and now can now max out on the 4 star and instead of giving up on him and going to battle Lipscomb on the back up with your funds, he wants you to stick it out and lose all your money to me because you couldn't easily figure out I got 2 more EEs to raise some more resources.

That about right shoe?
No. You're projecting. What I want is to ensure that elite recruits get battled for, early and late. True whether I'm at Lipscomb or Virginia.
3/22/2017 9:41 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2017 8:52:00 PM (view original):
No one gives a **** about 2.0.

It's not available now. That's how the game is set up. If you want it changed, the burden actually lies on those asking for change.
unless they just didnt notice the effect in the beta before seble left, never thought it through

i am amazed at the reflexive defense of every feature, oversight and bug in the 3.0 game by some

knowing how many EEs a school has lost is, in my view, an important bit of data for those who compete against schools with EEs. Sometimes I have EEs, sometimes I dont. I think it is fair for participants to know this info. But if we should compete in more of a cloud of ignorance, WIS could consider a host of other ways to create ignorance and uncertainty as the backdrop to the competition.

this one doesnt matter much and there are various ways to figure it out - enjoy the fog

3/22/2017 10:23 PM
It's not a reflexive defense. I have teams in D3 and D2. No effect whatsoever on me. The reason people want to know, and have the info readily available, is simple. And it's not because it's not useful in calculating their odds of "winning" a battle.
3/22/2017 11:18 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Finding EE decisions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.