GT Relinquishing Control of vhoward415 After S130 Topic

For quite some time now, many of you may have known that it was my long-term plan to get my primary account (gt_deuce) up to the higher levels of Wilkinson and remove myself from the vhoward415 account. The time has come for me to put that plan into action.

Effective at the end of this current season (S130) of Wilkinson, I (GT) will be stepping away from the vhoward415 account and handing it back over to the original owner - Vince. Vince now participates in GD under the "howarddv" account. At the time that I hand over the vhoward415 back to Vince, I will have him change the password immediately, and I will no longer have any control or association with the actions of this vhoward415 account.

My primary motivation for dropping this account a few seasons earlier than originally planned is the incredible load of recruiting for three teams simultaneously - Wilkinson D-IA, Wilkinson D-IAA and Dobie D-IA. That tremendous strain of recruiting effort has manifested in sub-optimal results for all three of my teams at one point or another. For the past three months or so, I've actually despised recruiting because of it.

My secondary motivation is the barrage of ugly and prominent cheating behaviors and allegations. While I've always been 100% upfront about the association of GT and vhoward415, I perceive things to be getting worse, not better, on this front. WIS has completely botched the response to the two most recent episodes of which I am aware. This will, no doubt, have the unfortunate effect of empowering and emboldening coaches who are willing to stoop to cheating in order to advance their own GD efforts. The air of suspicion surrounding almost every outlying action is already thick and I want no part of furthering that suspicion.

I am so appreciative of my time in possession of the vhoward415 account, because it allowed me to get directly into the part of Wilkinson where the action was at -- D-IAA and D-IA. Of course, this world has only grown since then and now all levels get some degree of "love" in terms of the attention and content. In addition, I've finally managed to get my primary account (GT) up to the D-IAA level, so there is no longer the need to maintain two accounts in order to participate in the fun. It was my hope to get my GT account up to D-IA and have a few seasons to try to win some CCs, then take a shot at the open Rutgers job. I love that school's situation and would love to continue what I've started there, but it's just not going to be possible.

I'm giving advance and very public notice to allow the news to spread so that there is no appearance of impropriety. I'm drawing a stark line along which the actions (or lack thereof) of this vhoward415 account can be viewed. I will continue to coach Rutgers to the fullest of my abilities - despite how my 1-3 start to the season may make it appear - through the postseason. I'll try to leave a reasonable OOC schedule for the next coach of Rutgers and I will give that coach the Scouting Reports of all players, if they wish. I will not be giving intelligence on Practice Plans, Game Plans, Recruiting or Opponents, nor will I actively engage in participation with the team in any sense.

Finally, my Media Guides, Postseason Projections, Have a Plan series and all other "regular" content will continue to be delivered from the GT account with no changes. Additionally, I'm working with other content owners to develop new and exciting content to look forward to.

If there are any questions or feedback regarding this move, please sitemail me at my GT account and I'm happy to have discussions in the same spirit with which I've conducted myself thus far - openly, honestly and with transparency.
3/21/2017 6:52 PM (edited)
3/21/2017 6:53 PM
3/21/2017 8:23 PM
GT Relinquishing Control of vhoward415 After S130 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.