Does ADMIN troll the forums? Topic

Posted by fd343ny on 3/23/2017 8:13:00 AM (view original):
my guess is that Admin staff have a beer night when they get pizza and beer and spend the last hour of the "work" day laughing at the forums
I imagine it goes something like "Look at these fools complaining about the same crap over and over and over and over and over again!! Even the dumbest dog can eventually learn to stop barking all the time."
3/23/2017 8:27 AM
Just checked how many players in Smith. A total of 254 players. [generated $3276] If this is an average for all worlds that would mean that for every 10 world rolls it would generate 33k. If I am not mistaken the worlds roll 7 times per year. That means it generates $250k gross. Take out all the players using credits and the number is even smaller. Not much money for Fox to improve the game. Guessing that not many employees are assigned to HD
3/23/2017 8:43 AM
Twelve minute until 28 hours, and no response of any kind! I am glad that they do not care about the disclaimer on "time sensitive matters" , the same as they do not care about promoting the product during the most obvious NCAA Basketball advertising period there is. Perhaps they are still holding meetings to discuss the "March Madness Ad's" they plan on running. (not)
3/23/2017 8:45 AM
I will admit that this is a legit complaint about a legit issue. If they "know" about it, it should be addressed immediately.
3/23/2017 8:59 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/23/2017 8:27:00 AM (view original):
my guess is that Admin staff have a beer night when they get pizza and beer and spend the last hour of the "work" day laughing at the forums
I imagine it goes something like "Look at these fools complaining about the same crap over and over and over and over and over again!! Even the dumbest dog can eventually learn to stop barking all the time."
i think there is a lot of stuff on the forums they laugh about
3/23/2017 3:01 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 3/23/2017 3:01:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure they're avid viewers of wardo's YouTube series.
3/23/2017 4:34 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 3/23/2017 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Fifty hours on a "TIME SENSITIVE" CS Ticket, and Forum Post. I am pretty sure Laughing is all they are doing!

Otherwise, I Hear Crickets Chirping!
3/24/2017 7:16 AM
Key takeaway for me on the $$ analysis is that their marginal costs are very low. IF - and I know thats big - they could grow the participation meaningfully the extra revenue is mostly profit.
3/24/2017 8:46 AM
I'm sure maintenance/actual running of HD is a non-cost for all intents and purposes. But, to even get revenue to 1m, every world needs to be full. 1m is probably 3-4 minutes of commercial time during a NFL playoff game.

This is small potatoes to FOX. No one should be shocked that their $12 isn't a big deal. Which is why the "I'm leaving if this isn't addressed" threads are funny. People fail to understand that they don't matter.
3/24/2017 8:58 AM
You are for sure right that Fox doesnt care about this product. It isnt even noise in their data

Not clear to me why Fox bought it - dont see a way in which WIS supports rest of Fox endeavors. Maybe Fox should sell WIS to the staff for $1 - a tiny company could be happy growing tiny revenue into small revenue.
3/24/2017 9:12 AM
Userbase for their fantasy games or eliminate a potential competitor.

But, yeah, they could sell it for virtually nothing, add a non-compete clause for fantasy games and add in required advertising for THEIR games for a set period of time into the sale. Users would be better off and the game would "matter" to the owners(I wouldn't mind a 250k a year "side job").
3/24/2017 9:17 AM
Sell off the dynasty games and keep the sim stuff that they do for playoffs and stuff. Seems like the only thing they really try to promote.
3/24/2017 9:29 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/24/2017 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Userbase for their fantasy games or eliminate a potential competitor.

But, yeah, they could sell it for virtually nothing, add a non-compete clause for fantasy games and add in required advertising for THEIR games for a set period of time into the sale. Users would be better off and the game would "matter" to the owners(I wouldn't mind a 250k a year "side job").
Several users have mentioned buying the franchise in the past. It would be nice to the supporters if a "Caring Ownership Group" would take over.
3/24/2017 9:31 AM
we have here the makings of a viable business plan for WIS

and also

Business Plan Dynasty - a new game in which one builds a business, identifying a market, a product, suppliers, etc

OOps, that starts to sound like a job

3/24/2017 9:34 AM
Finally got my "Time Sensitive Response" at 53 Hours and 31 minutes. It was the canned response I expected. This is a known issue, that we are in the process of correcting, and we do NOT give out free seasons.

Should have asked why not, since this issue did not exist during the "free beta" test, but now during the second beta where we must pay (yackity, yack). However I responded with the "this problem is from code added after beta testing" because it did not exist as a problem back during beta. I changed teams twice at the part two break, and the players were always Sim recruits that were signed during part one.
3/24/2017 1:33 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Does ADMIN troll the forums? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.