2 division winners to face off second round Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Q. How is home-field advantage decided for the SimLeague Championship?
A. Teams are seeded for the playoffs, 1-4, for their respective league. The team with the highest winning percentage in its league earns the #1 seed. The wildcard always received the #4 seed. Home-field advantage for the League Championship is given to the team with the higher seed. In the event of even seeds, the team with the higher regular season winning percentage receives home-field advantage. If this is even, too, then the team with the fewest playoff losses earns it. Otherwize, a coin flip decides.
3/22/2017 4:09 PM
"Home-field advantage for the League Championship is given to the team with the higher seed."

This doesn't specifically address the LCS, but there's no other specific information I could find in the knowledge base, so I would wonder if the rule is the same for the LCS as it is for the "League Championship", which must mean the World Series. If true, it means whoever played the wildcard team in round one was the higher seed and should have the home-field advantage for the LCS.

And yes, they actually spelled otherwise with a Z in the knowledge base.
3/22/2017 4:16 PM (edited)
Thanks Skunk,

In all kindess, what you said must be wrong. I had the best record, and the wildcard is not in my division, thus it would be ludicrous if I somehow was the lower seed because I didn't play the wild card. I found the answer to my question though. There's no reason why they wouldn't follow MLB rules, which means head to head record decides homefield if a tiebreaking game doesn't apply.(this question is specific to teams with the same exact regular season record facing eachother in the 2nd round).

If anyone has any other info to add, I'm all ears, thanks.
3/22/2017 9:54 PM
I think you mean ludicrouz
3/22/2017 10:10 PM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 3/22/2017 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Thanks Skunk,

In all kindess, what you said must be wrong. I had the best record, and the wildcard is not in my division, thus it would be ludicrous if I somehow was the lower seed because I didn't play the wild card. I found the answer to my question though. There's no reason why they wouldn't follow MLB rules, which means head to head record decides homefield if a tiebreaking game doesn't apply.(this question is specific to teams with the same exact regular season record facing eachother in the 2nd round).

If anyone has any other info to add, I'm all ears, thanks.
It would be ludicrous if the team with the best record and top seed didn't have home field advantage in the LCS, but that situation was not addressed in your example nor in my response, so I don't understand why you say I'm wrong about something neither of us were even talking about. In your specific example, you said the teams facing off in the 2nd round (assumed to be the LCS) have the same record. My response addressed only your specific example of teams tied with the best record squaring off in an LCS, and even then my response was conjecture regarding a vague post in the knowledge base, and not even presented as factual or certain. Nothing was ever said about one of the teams having a better record. If the teams don't have the same record, then best record has home field for the LCS, period.

If, in your specific scenario, WIS uses some other form of tiebreaker like head-to-head record instead of playoff seed, then it's not mentioned in the knowledge base, but even the playoff seed tiebreaker is only specifically linked to the World Series in their knowledge base Q&A.
3/23/2017 10:04 AM
Outside the world series, presumably they used the same rules as MLB did prior to the wildcard game... Division Winners seeded 1-3 by record, WC is 4, 1v4, 2v3 unless 4 is in 1's division, then do 1v3, 2v4, and regardless of exact results the higher seed is homefield in the LCS...
3/23/2017 10:13 AM
2 division winners to face off second round Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.