Do those in-season scouting reports mean anything? Topic

Hey all, I was wondering if there's any rhyme or reason to the players that the Assistant Coach scouts during the regular season? Does it give you some sort of advantage on that player? Or is it just completely random?
3/22/2017 2:09 PM
I always treated them like they didn't even happen. Most of those guys I wouldn't want anyway.
But it is like an assistant coach scout report without the evaluation of the player. So you could go after that player knowing you have used 1 assistant coach scout report.
3/22/2017 2:51 PM
Posted by mojolad on 3/22/2017 2:51:00 PM (view original):
I always treated them like they didn't even happen. Most of those guys I wouldn't want anyway.
But it is like an assistant coach scout report without the evaluation of the player. So you could go after that player knowing you have used 1 assistant coach scout report.
I never knew that it counted as a face to face. Like you said most of those guys I would never really want to go after anyway, but every once in a while there is a kicker or something that would work that I could save a little money on.
3/22/2017 3:01 PM
Thanks guys, if only there was a "Omg dude calm down I don't care" response to send back to the assistant coach!!
3/22/2017 3:07 PM
There are so many things I would like to say to my assistant coach...
3/22/2017 3:20 PM
Posted by mojolad on 3/22/2017 2:51:00 PM (view original):
So if my Asst puts the #1 K on my board that will count as a face to face?
3/22/2017 3:38 PM
Not sure Iam. The way I described it is the way it was explained to me. If you are truly interested in a guy I would still do at least an AC scout report just to make sure. And those guys are all local so it shouldn't cost much.
3/22/2017 4:45 PM
In limited time, all of my in season recruits have been above average for potential growth.
3/22/2017 11:46 PM
Yes they mean a lot.
3/23/2017 7:18 AM
I have been signing at least one or two season recruits per class over the past 6 seasons. I currently have a wr that moved up 10 guess rating spot in his first year (27-17), a lb that is currently the #2 rated sophomore at his position and a te that went from #23 to #2 in 2 seasons. In addition they are usually relatively cheap to sign which frees up more $$$ to spend on the balance of your recruiting class.
3/23/2017 8:17 AM
Posted by albright73 on 3/23/2017 8:17:00 AM (view original):
I have been signing at least one or two season recruits per class over the past 6 seasons. I currently have a wr that moved up 10 guess rating spot in his first year (27-17), a lb that is currently the #2 rated sophomore at his position and a te that went from #23 to #2 in 2 seasons. In addition they are usually relatively cheap to sign which frees up more $$$ to spend on the balance of your recruiting class.
At DIAA they are sometimes worth it. The guys the AC finds for you at DI are usually good players, but at DII and DIII they often aren't the greatest of talent.
3/23/2017 8:46 AM
My guess is that if my assistant scouted a guy, someone else's did too. My question is, what are the battles like for these guys? What's a battle like if the guy is scouted by assistants on both sides? What's the battle like if your assistant scouted a guy, and another teams didn't? Is there a clear advantage? If going after the scouted guys is a solid money move for a great player fine, but trying to avoid rabbit holes. I can find those on my own, I don't need help.
4/19/2017 8:12 AM
Do those in-season scouting reports mean anything? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.