Promised Minutes Question Topic

Let's say you promise 10 minutes of playing time to a recruit. Then the next day (or during any later cycle) you decide to bump it to 15 minutes promised. In the recruit history log, it will show:

1/1 5:00 AM - Promise Minutes (10)
then
1/2 9:47 AM - Promise Minutes (15)
then
1/2 11:00 AM - Withdraw Promised Minutes (10)

With what we know about the penalties of withdrawing promises/offers, seeing the "Withdraw Promised Minutes" as the latest history entry is disconcerting. I've always just assumed there's no negative consequence..... Can anyone confirm and allay my fears?
3/22/2017 2:18 PM
Send a ticket. There should not be a penalty, but I am very suspicious about that too.
3/22/2017 2:26 PM
There is no negative consequence as long as you go from the lower minute amount to a higher one. It was explained in beta why it had to be the way it is (something to do with the multipliers for promises as I recall...), but you are correct that there is no negative consequence.

3/22/2017 2:31 PM
Posted by bdr127 on 3/22/2017 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Let's say you promise 10 minutes of playing time to a recruit. Then the next day (or during any later cycle) you decide to bump it to 15 minutes promised. In the recruit history log, it will show:

1/1 5:00 AM - Promise Minutes (10)
then
1/2 9:47 AM - Promise Minutes (15)
then
1/2 11:00 AM - Withdraw Promised Minutes (10)

With what we know about the penalties of withdrawing promises/offers, seeing the "Withdraw Promised Minutes" as the latest history entry is disconcerting. I've always just assumed there's no negative consequence..... Can anyone confirm and allay my fears?
There is a penalty for withdrawing minutes promises but as long as you offer *more* minutes that penalty is then adjusted for.

This was to prevent a loophole where someone could offer large minutes up front to a recruit with a preference to play followed by large amounts of other effort to get the multiplying effect, only to later offer less minutes (and not suffer any type of decrease on the other effort that was already submitted).

Seble said the withdraw of minutes when offering higher minutes was the only way he could do it and handle the other case of offering fewer minutes.

So in your case there is no negative consequence (if you had offered HVs in between then obviously it would of been better for you to offer the 15 minutes in the first place if they had a preference to play) but if you offered 15 minutes first and then decided to offer less, then yes there are negative consequences to that.
3/22/2017 2:35 PM
Promised Minutes Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.