Hall of Fame Issue Topic

Why aren't players listed at the position where they played the most major league games or innings?
3/22/2017 8:27 PM
They are listed at the position that the last owner set for them, which is really dumb. Almost everyone is listed to the far right of the defensive spectrum. They need to change it.
3/22/2017 9:36 PM
There is a lot they need to change about the HOF.

Voting is terrible right now. It shouldn't be 17 votes and you are in.

It should 50+ percent of the franchises that voted voted for the player and they are in. And if you feel no one from a class deserves to get in, you have to click that box off as well
3/23/2017 10:11 AM
I'd guess enough guys are uninterested in it (like me), that the AI ought to just pick them, like the All-Star team. Teams turn over often enough that many owners don't remember the guys when they are up to be voted on. If AI picks them, then we can have a lively discussion about who did or didn't get robbed, etc.
3/23/2017 10:19 AM
I think I had suggested this (or something similar) sometime ago:

1) SIMMY auto-selects a small number of candidates for election.

2) The voting process now has two purposes: (a) veto any of SIMMY's selections (5 votes? 10 votes? to veto); and (b) elect another nominee that SIMMY did not auto-select.

I also like changing the election criteria to 50%+ of those who voted, rather than 17 votes. And also, expand the number of votes that can be cast from 5 to 10.
3/23/2017 11:18 AM
Yes get rid of the really bad Simmy auto selections.. Some of those aren't even all star worthy let alone hall worthy. Not sure about the 50% or 17 votes, imo too many vote for players who shouldn't be in the hall.. Maybe 70% of ones who vote..
3/30/2017 8:39 AM
Posted by ramonshaw on 3/30/2017 8:39:00 AM (view original):
Yes get rid of the really bad Simmy auto selections.. Some of those aren't even all star worthy let alone hall worthy. Not sure about the 50% or 17 votes, imo too many vote for players who shouldn't be in the hall.. Maybe 70% of ones who vote..
It's 50%+1 right now (17 votes and you are in)

the differnce is, it gets rid of the owners that signed up and then never check on the team/don't give a **** and gets rid of the owners that check their team but then don't give a **** about the other stuff.
3/30/2017 12:29 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 3/30/2017 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ramonshaw on 3/30/2017 8:39:00 AM (view original):
It's 50%+1 right now (17 votes and you are in)

the differnce is, it gets rid of the owners that signed up and then never check on the team/don't give a **** and gets rid of the owners that check their team but then don't give a **** about the other stuff.
But I'm saying 70% of ones who vote.. So 20 vote, 70% of that.. so 14 rather than 17 in this scenario. I doubt more than 20 in most worlds vote. Just an option, another opinion.
4/9/2017 11:11 PM
Hall of Fame Issue Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.