Pre-season Injury Recovery Topic

Do guys who are injured to start the season get injury recovery days during arbitration, FA, etc.?

I've never really had to pay much attention to it before, but I have a guy with 7 days left on the DL, and I'm trying to figure out how many regular season games I'll lose him for if I put him on the 60-day DL.
3/23/2017 12:28 PM
Probably not worth it.

This guy

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=6274644

got injured pre-season and hasn't bumped once.
3/23/2017 12:51 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/23/2017 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Do guys who are injured to start the season get injury recovery days during arbitration, FA, etc.?

I've never really had to pay much attention to it before, but I have a guy with 7 days left on the DL, and I'm trying to figure out how many regular season games I'll lose him for if I put him on the 60-day DL.
Those are HBD days, so yes, I believe they will recover.
3/23/2017 12:54 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 3/23/2017 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Probably not worth it.

This guy

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=6274644

got injured pre-season and hasn't bumped once.
My guy is carrying an injury over from last season and only has 7 days left. Your guy has an injury longer than 60 days, so likely won't get a bump until he recovers.
3/23/2017 1:50 PM
If your guy is young and inexperienced enough to get a Spring Training bump, he loses that if he's on the DL. That's gotta outweigh the injury recovery bump. Otherwise agree with tec.

By the way, the ST injury bug annoys me a TON. You play a prospect every day in ST, he gets a 5 day injury on the last day of ST-- no opening day bump, whether or not you place him on the DL.
3/23/2017 2:40 PM
My guy is 30. Took a big injury hit last season, so I'm hoping the bug can get him a few points back early this season.
3/23/2017 3:22 PM
Pre-season Injury Recovery Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.