FOX sells HD to YOU!! What do you do? Topic

Posted by Benis on 3/24/2017 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Or the thing it needs is some more innovation. Maybe it needs actual video replays. Maybe it needs more instanteous control over outcomes. New generation of people, new generation of game.
And now you're building a new game. I'd ignore your reply.
3/24/2017 12:26 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/24/2017 12:04:00 PM (view original):
I think your 1. is allright. I'd start with this. Then, I'd move to 2. Then I'd meet with everyone, put everything on the table, take décisions and implement a strategy to bring back customers by improving the game. There are holes in this game. I won't discuss them. But your idea would be a good start.
I'd ignore your reply also. MAIN and ONE does not equal "everything on the table".
3/24/2017 12:28 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/24/2017 12:06:00 PM (view original):
The problem is that this game NEEDS users to be fun. If there were 20 users in each world spread across 3 divisions, would that be fun? I guess some people might think so but I think the vast majority of us would say that the quorum needs to much higher than that (100ish per division).

im sure you could have an okay time playing your jazz in front of 5 people just as much as 50 but this game must have users.
I'd shoot for ~50 users among the big 6 conferences, another 30-40 spread throughout 5-6 more "mid-majors". That's plenty to be fun in a world. Lower divisions are not necessary for fun. If I was building my own game, there is a 0% chance I would include D3, and ~5% chance I would include a D2. I don't expect that a lack of a D3 would affect the amount of people interested in my game more than a tiny little amount, and that amount is not worth the trouble of trying to keep those people happy.
3/24/2017 12:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/24/2017 12:26:00 PM (view original):
Or the thing it needs is some more innovation. Maybe it needs actual video replays. Maybe it needs more instanteous control over outcomes. New generation of people, new generation of game.
And now you're building a new game. I'd ignore your reply.
Yeah it basically would be. Didn't realize that was off the table. Okay back to the drawing board.
3/24/2017 12:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/24/2017 9:39:00 AM (view original):
Everybody seems to have great ideas on how to improve the product and make it more profitable.

So....let's hear it. You can do TWO things on your first day. What are they?

Mine:
1. Email users who no longer have teams. Even one and done guys. I ask them the MAIN reason they left.
2. Sitemail current users. Ask them for ONE item they'd change.

I'd ignore rambling responses that list 27 things they don't like or would change. I'm not building a new game, I'm improving this one.
"I'd ignore rambling responses that list 27 things they don't like or would change. I'm not building a new game, I'm improving this one."

If I'm building a new one, I don't need to buy this one from WifS.
3/24/2017 12:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/24/2017 12:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/24/2017 9:39:00 AM (view original):
Everybody seems to have great ideas on how to improve the product and make it more profitable.

So....let's hear it. You can do TWO things on your first day. What are they?

Mine:
1. Email users who no longer have teams. Even one and done guys. I ask them the MAIN reason they left.
2. Sitemail current users. Ask them for ONE item they'd change.

I'd ignore rambling responses that list 27 things they don't like or would change. I'm not building a new game, I'm improving this one.
"I'd ignore rambling responses that list 27 things they don't like or would change. I'm not building a new game, I'm improving this one."

If I'm building a new one, I don't need to buy this one from WifS.
Yeah... I only skimmed your post Mike. I read the title of the thread and started seeing dollar signs.
3/24/2017 12:51 PM
Maybe change one of 1 a day worlds so it sims the first half at 2pm and the second half at 2am. That way coaches could make halftime adjustments to defense, lineup, distribution, etc.

I have no idea if this increased control would appeal to new users or if having to check their team twice a day would be a net negative.
3/24/2017 1:38 PM
1. Deeper strategy in gameplanning. Ideally, you wouldn't be a successful team if you just set your offense, defense, and gave everyone the same distro, and let the games play. More defenses and offenses, and have them significantly effect the game.

2. Fix early entries and the first day of phase 2 of recruiting. Otherwise, keep recruiting the same.

3/24/2017 2:31 PM
◂ Prev 12
FOX sells HD to YOU!! What do you do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.