Posted by MonsterTurtl on 7/3/2017 9:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/2/2017 10:49:00 PM (view original):
This thread is a good example of how well monsterturtl understands HD.
This thread is another example of me asking questions about the finer points of the game in order to be a better coach.

But right, I'm a terrible coach, I've been to a final 4, many elite 8's, countless sweet 16's, and I did it all by luck, I have no understanding whatsoever on this game.
7/3/2017 12:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 7/3/2017 9:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/2/2017 10:49:00 PM (view original):
This thread is a good example of how well monsterturtl understands HD.
This thread is another example of me asking questions about the finer points of the game in order to be a better coach.

But right, I'm a terrible coach, I've been to a final 4, many elite 8's, countless sweet 16's, and I did it all by luck, I have no understanding whatsoever on this game.
Well, he does have a reason to be mad. He clearly understands HD pretty well. I think you do too, Mike. However, is hard to criticize someone's knowledge of the game who had this track record:

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=3822
7/3/2017 2:27 PM
It gets easier to criticize that person when he asks why his team can't shoot free throws then admits he doesn't "waste" minutes with FT practice.
7/3/2017 2:55 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2017 2:55:00 PM (view original):
It gets easier to criticize that person when he asks why his team can't shoot free throws then admits he doesn't "waste" minutes with FT practice.
Where does he ask why his team can't shoot?
7/3/2017 5:11 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/3/2017 5:11:00 PM (view original):
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=500720
7/3/2017 8:10 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 7/3/2017 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/3/2017 5:11:00 PM (view original):
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=500720
Yeah, I never asked that, what I said was. In a general sense- "my team sucks at free throws and I didn't realize it, I guess I'm not putting enough into it, what do you guys do?"

Someone else said they don't waste their minutes on FT after they go red.

And I never asked why my team can't shoot free throws, I knew the answer for that, I was wondering how extreme I should go to fix it.
7/4/2017 12:24 AM
Lol mike throws fits when experienced players attempt to learn more about this game via the forum. Remember when beach house asked a question about how to improve his team?? Mike blew a gasket because Beach had a winning record and NT appearances so he shouldn't be asking questions.
7/4/2017 12:59 AM
No, you misremembered, Mr. Pettite. beachhouse was concerned that he wasn't winning by enough. That rang the Stupid Bell really hard. Much like whineyturtl saying he's never seen FT ratings improve then followed with he doesn't put practice minutes into it.

But I'm too busy with this: #3 W. Connecticut St. to argue about it.
7/4/2017 9:38 AM
Might as well call this right now before anyone beats me to it: First conference loss will be at home on 7/14 by 10.
7/4/2017 9:48 AM
LOL. Zero chance I lose to tec.
7/4/2017 9:59 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/4/2017 9:38:00 AM (view original):
No, you misremembered, Mr. Pettite. beachhouse was concerned that he wasn't winning by enough. That rang the Stupid Bell really hard. Much like whineyturtl saying he's never seen FT ratings improve then followed with he doesn't put practice minutes into it.

I never said I didn't put any minutes in, I said I put whatever I could spare, which was not 0, it was usually over 7. Which in a normal category would dictate an improvement, which is why I was asking the question about what other people put into it.

Preseason rankings are meaningless and you have beat a crappy sim and a guy on his first season. Your team is nothing special, it's not going to get past the sweet 16. Your bigs suck.
7/4/2017 9:59 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/4/2017 9:38:00 AM (view original):

Incorrect. BH had a team that was around 60 on the projection report- so borderline NT team. He wanted help on getting him to the tourney.

No one had a problem with it except you Mike.
7/4/2017 10:11 AM
Incorrect. He complained that he wasn't winning by enough. Look it up.

And why in the hell would I care who had a problem with it? You guys have the misconception that I give a damn what you think.
7/4/2017 10:28 AM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 3/24/2017 3:23:00 PM (view original):
I just realized that my Rutgers at Newark teams free throw rating is terrible. I have lost 3 games to below 100 RPI teams, and in each game my team shot about 50% from the line. I have never looked for free throw ratings in recruiting, and I have never made it a point of emphasis in my practice plan. I have not noticed any improvement when I do put minutes into it on my practice plan.

What do you guys do? Do you look at Free Throw rating in recruiting? How much do you put into it for practice plan?
"I have not noticed any improvement when I do put minutes into it on my practice plan."

And benis pointed out that your players were actually getting worse in FT shooting.

Add those two together and it's reasonable to believe that you were putting nothing into it.
7/4/2017 10:29 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/4/2017 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Incorrect. He complained that he wasn't winning by enough. Look it up.

And why in the hell would I care who had a problem with it? You guys have the misconception that I give a damn what you think.
No, you just like to act like a d!ckhead. I think we all know this by now.
7/4/2017 10:33 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.