Posted by MikeT23 on 7/4/2017 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 3/24/2017 3:23:00 PM (view original):
I just realized that my Rutgers at Newark teams free throw rating is terrible. I have lost 3 games to below 100 RPI teams, and in each game my team shot about 50% from the line. I have never looked for free throw ratings in recruiting, and I have never made it a point of emphasis in my practice plan. I have not noticed any improvement when I do put minutes into it on my practice plan.

What do you guys do? Do you look at Free Throw rating in recruiting? How much do you put into it for practice plan?
"I have not noticed any improvement when I do put minutes into it on my practice plan."

And benis pointed out that your players were actually getting worse in FT shooting.

Add those two together and it's reasonable to believe that you were putting nothing into it.
When I do put minutes into it referred to when I make it a focus, not putting any minutes in at all. There were a few guys I didn't have any minutes in, the ones that decreased, and obviously I wasn't complaining about those guys not improving.

Are you seriously nitpicking at words I said 4 months ago, and attemptig to make me look stupid because of it?

7/4/2017 10:49 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/4/2017 9:38:00 AM (view original):
No, you misremembered, Mr. Pettite. beachhouse was concerned that he wasn't winning by enough. That rang the Stupid Bell really hard. Much like whineyturtl saying he's never seen FT ratings improve then followed with he doesn't put practice minutes into it.

But I'm too busy with this: #3 W. Connecticut St. to argue about it.
Now that you are an NT coach, please don't ask any questions to get better at the game.
7/4/2017 11:12 AM
turtl, you didn't need any help with that in this thread.

cub, I still think I have a lot to learn but I seldom ask questions now. .
7/4/2017 11:48 AM
No, you misremembered, Mr. Pettite. beachhouse was concerned that he wasn't winning by enough. That rang the Stupid Bell really hard. Much like whineyturtl saying he's never seen FT ratings improve then followed with he doesn't put practice minutes into it.

You misremembered this too Mike.

Benis will remember this. It had everything to do with my games against the sim teams being too close for comfort and I thought that would be an issue later on.

Zero to do with FT's..
7/4/2017 3:54 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 7/4/2017 3:54:00 PM (view original):

You misremembered this too Mike.

Benis will remember this. It had everything to do with my games against the sim teams being too close for comfort and I thought that would be an issue later on.

Zero to do with FT's..
"beachhouse was concerned that he wasn't winning by enough"

"Much like whineyturtl saying he's never seen FT ratings improve"

????
7/4/2017 6:12 PM
I skimp on Free Throws quite a bit. However if I'm torn between two players, I'll usually go with the best free throw shooter.
7/16/2017 8:48 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 7/4/2017 9:59:00 AM (view original):

I never said I didn't put any minutes in, I said I put whatever I could spare, which was not 0, it was usually over 7. Which in a normal category would dictate an improvement, which is why I was asking the question about what other people put into it.

Preseason rankings are meaningless and you have beat a crappy sim and a guy on his first season. Your team is nothing special, it's not going to get past the sweet 16. Your bigs suck.
monsterturdl?
8/6/2017 3:57 PM
turdl?
Season 96
Div (III) - Little E.
Overall Record: 26-8
Conference Record: 11-5
RPI: 11
Nat. Tourny
At-large Bid
Nat. Tourny
Final Four
8/9/2017 9:33 AM
◂ Prev 12345

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.