How to maximize innings pitched? Topic

So, I am acquiring an arm that I like a lot. He has 50 stamina and 67 durability. What settings should I try so that I can get him into as many games, with as many quality innings, as possible? Should I limit pitch counts on the starters? Should I consider a 4-man rotation? Should I put him as "set up" and all other bullpen arms as "mop up?" Should I let him pitch at 70%?
I am not sure how to work it... but, I would like to see him get 200+ innings pitched.
Thank you in advance,
Chris
3/24/2017 10:41 PM
If he's one of your best, use him at SP. 45-60 PC. He'll give you 3-4 innings every 4th day, maybe every 3rd. But you have to build your staff around him. If he's not one of your best, don't worry about it.
3/24/2017 11:00 PM
I appreciate your guidance, Mike.
I guess I was hoping to bring him in as a 7th inning closer type once every 2-3 days.
Based on your suggestion here, that seems unlikely.
Good to know!!
Chris
3/27/2017 3:25 AM
That's an option but it won't maximize his innings. The only way to maximize innings is to use him at SP. SIMMY might skip him at 100% as a RP. Set him at 7th with a PC of 35/45. If he pitches well, you'll get 3 innings from him. He should be able to get into 70ish games.
3/27/2017 6:51 AM
To truly maximize his innings, you need to have a staff built around him (as Mike suggested) but use him as a Tandem B rather than a traditional SP. Couple this with micromanagement and make sure he is pitching every time he hits 100%.

How many innings he'll get depends on his ratings, but if he's ace-level with that Dur/Stamina you'll be closer to 300 than 200.

Keep in mind, this is maximizing innings - not quality innings. To maximize quality innings, play in a Live league.

3/27/2017 9:00 AM
It's Prado and he's damn good. I'd use him as a SP or Tandem B. I want him pitching every time he's 100%. You can accomplish that either way suggested.
3/27/2017 9:23 AM
Thank you everyone 4 your guidance.
I would like to learn more about this Tandem B idea. My experimenting with tandems has not been good. LOL. ;-P
4/2/2017 1:04 PM
Will take a lot of micromanaging ... set your SP's 1-3, Set #4A, Set Prado #4B. When the baseball shows up on SP1, move him to 4A and the rest up 1 spot. Rotate the next game SP through 4A each time Prado is 100%.
4/2/2017 6:01 PM
I'm going to do it with this guy. I expect to get 210+ IP from him. But it takes work.

Player Profile: P.T. Merced - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
4/2/2017 6:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2017 6:06:00 PM (view original):
I'm going to do it with this guy. I expect to get 210+ IP from him. But it takes work.

Player Profile: P.T. Merced - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Yep, I was bonus money short on Merced
4/2/2017 7:58 PM
I knew someone else was on him and I didn't have max money available. My 105m was top for the longest time. I was afraid someone would top me near the end and I'd be standing there with 26m+ to spend and nothing worth having.
4/2/2017 8:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2017 8:02:00 PM (view original):
I knew someone else was on him and I didn't have max money available. My 105m was top for the longest time. I was afraid someone would top me near the end and I'd be standing there with 26m+ to spend and nothing worth having.
Now you've described my season - $25M and nothing available
4/2/2017 8:17 PM
How to maximize innings pitched? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.