Recruiting tips Topic

I am a returning player who lost interest in 3.0 due to time constraints. I now have a bit more free time to learn the new recruiting and decided to make a return. I have done my research and know how the scouting and recruiting works, and I found some good guides on how to scout properly. What I haven't found yet is some solid recruiting strategies, I know I could get a pretty solid feel for it within a couple of seasons but I figured I might as well get as much help on the subject as possible. So I am pretty much asking for any recruiting tips for DI, DII or DIII; how many people to target? The minimum amount of AP to use? When to start recruiting players projected at a higher level? etc.

Thanks!
3/25/2017 3:48 PM
Posted by timjmiller on 3/25/2017 3:48:00 PM (view original):
I am a returning player who lost interest in 3.0 due to time constraints. I now have a bit more free time to learn the new recruiting and decided to make a return. I have done my research and know how the scouting and recruiting works, and I found some good guides on how to scout properly. What I haven't found yet is some solid recruiting strategies, I know I could get a pretty solid feel for it within a couple of seasons but I figured I might as well get as much help on the subject as possible. So I am pretty much asking for any recruiting tips for DI, DII or DIII; how many people to target? The minimum amount of AP to use? When to start recruiting players projected at a higher level? etc.

Thanks!
Rule of thumb is to scout 10 players 3 development players, 3 backup players, 3 if everything falls through players, and 1 random player. The minimum amount of effort to use is depending on what you think the player is worth.. Which if the player isn't 70 and above he ain't worth it coming right out of the gate.
3/25/2017 4:18 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/25/2017 4:18:00 PM (view original):

Thanks!
Rule of thumb is to scout 10 players 3 development players, 3 backup players, 3 if everything falls through players, and 1 random player. The minimum amount of effort to use is depending on what you think the player is worth.. Which if the player isn't 70 and above he ain't worth it coming right out of the gate.
What
3/25/2017 6:20 PM
Darts, Tim, Darts. That makes a lot more sense than the gibberish that Ward posted.
3/25/2017 6:24 PM
Posted by lakevin on 3/25/2017 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Darts, Tim, Darts. That makes a lot more sense than the gibberish that Ward posted.
That's gibberish? I am not gonna go as that low blow as you took me. But this is a proven strategy provided by other hoops dynasty players....
3/25/2017 6:31 PM
Ward was around when I left so I definitely remembered to take everything he says with a grain of salt.
3/25/2017 6:36 PM
Posted by timjmiller on 3/25/2017 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Ward was around when I left so I definitely remembered to take everything he says with a grain of salt.
So you remember my old profile on here??? Was I a pain in the *** to deal with back then?
3/25/2017 6:40 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/25/2017 6:40:00 PM (view original):
So you remember my old profile on here??? Was I a pain in the *** to deal with back then?
Dont listen to this clown 131-191 (0.407)... Has no idea how to recruit. Thought a walk on took a scholarship and stays 4 seasons...
3/25/2017 8:00 PM
What level are you? D3?
3/25/2017 8:31 PM

Thanks!
I have my most experience in D2 Recruiting.

I use scouting service, then do a local camp max range max people 250. Then depending on numbers and pre-lim information I go through and individually scout players. I do not worry about how many people i'm scouting as, I make a massive list of potential players then categorize them in Green Yellow and Red based off who I think I can get and who I really like and preferences other stuff. Then I will categorize my actual targets into the blue category, so If I have 5 openings i'll have between 4-6 Blue category players depending if I'm taking a walk on.

I do try to keep some of my scouting money for worst case scenario things to happen. When it comes to recruiting I jump on right away as AP is cumulative and trying to make sure that if I'm going to go into a battle I have my best odds. I won't go all in on a recruit unless im certain I can win or have a really good shot "All-In" would be categorized as CV and 20 HV with potentially promised minutes and solid amount of AP. 20 HV is the max now and 1 CV is the max as well.

Lastly for instance when I had 3 open scholarships, my scouting list was probably 30+ recruits about 5-10 were green (multiple positions) then 15-20 Yellow and 5-10 Red... 3 Were blue in that example.
3/25/2017 8:32 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 3/25/2017 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/25/2017 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Dont listen to this clown 131-191 (0.407)... Has no idea how to recruit. Thought a walk on took a scholarship and stays 4 seasons...
Yeah... if you ask for advice and Ward writes something, just ignore it. First off, it's likely to be completely incoherent, and second, if it's not incoherent, it is probably completely wrong.
3/25/2017 8:54 PM
Check out my blog post on recruiting in HD 3.0 along with scouting. GL.....my way is not perfect but I did land the #1 PG one season and have had 2 EE's since HD 3.0 started from a Mid-Major school, not a powerhouse school. So what I do have does work, but it is not fool proof meaning it can still be improved upon, just haven't had the time to fool proof it myself as of yet. Hope you enjoy I have more information on my blog as well and working on a few more How To's as well as developing a series and branch off topics.

http://hdcareer.blogspot.com/2016/12/how-to-scouting-and-recruiting.html
3/25/2017 10:33 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/25/2017 8:31:00 PM (view original):
What level are you? D3?
I'm at DII rn but I plan on joining DI and DIII as soon as signups start on my old worlds
3/26/2017 3:14 AM
Really, no one has a good sense on recruiting yet. It's too much of a crap shoot to target appropriately. So it generally involves a ton of luck and not using all of your scholies. At least at competitive Div I programs.
3/27/2017 4:27 PM
Posted by lakevin on 3/27/2017 4:27:00 PM (view original):
Really, no one has a good sense on recruiting yet. It's too much of a crap shoot to target appropriately. So it generally involves a ton of luck and not using all of your scholies. At least at competitive Div I programs.
I just like to put 1 AP on a trillion guys and go from there. It takes 10 minutes on the first morning but its worth it. I have signed a whole team that will be pretty stacked in a couple years without winning one VH/H roll. My sophomore class was signed with 4 HVs used to ward off a sim. I just feel that if you chose 25 guys you like you should be able to get 3 of them. The problem, I will acknowledge, about this strategy is I don't have a monster stud yet, just a team of solid players.
3/27/2017 4:46 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
Recruiting tips Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.