Suggestion I put into the GD Suggestion Forum Topic

Another HUGE idea(In my opinion) that is easily overlooked. Is to at least Double(Triple would be better) the number of Offensive Playbooks.
Other coaches I have talked to have had to limit the number of teams they have because the would like to try different Formations. But with Only 10 playbooks to customize you can use that on One Formation. Most will use 3-5 playbooks for each formation. (ex Pass, Run , Balanced, Aggresive Pass(for when behind), etc..
This REALLY limits the number of formations you can use and thus less teams a coach will have if he wants to try different formations.
I include myself in this category of coach; one who wants run different formations but doesn't have the room for all the playbooks I would need.
3/26/2017 8:56 AM
Not too sure I get what you are saying. I have 8 teams and for interest sake I try to use different formations for each team by and large and have no issues. So there's a total of 60 different offensive formations available (and the same for defence) and then all of those can be tweaked massively on the playbook page of the individual team?
3/26/2017 10:12 AM
Depends if you want to tweak before every big game.
Much easier to have premade playbooks just ready to plug in. I could easily have at least 5 playbooks per formation. I could also have 10 per formation depending on how specific I want to get.
3/26/2017 10:40 AM
Either be able to have more playbooks or be able to delete the "default" ones
3/26/2017 10:55 AM
It would be nice if the formations were tied to the teams instead of the user also. Since I have more than one team and you can only have so many playbooks, I find that some formations or setups for a game do not suit all of my teams depending on the day.
3/26/2017 11:28 AM
Lyonzfan and Hookemhorns, I agree with both those statements.
3/26/2017 12:03 PM
I submitted a ticket on this very issue in May 2016. Here is the response I got from WIS:

"While we understand the want for more playbooks, we are currently happy with where it is at and have no plans to change this in a future update. We will save this as a suggestion, so that there is still conversation about the number of playbooks allowed. Thank you."
3/26/2017 1:26 PM
Thanks Tribewriter. I'll see what they say ?
3/26/2017 2:05 PM
I'd prefer that formations and game plans were tied to teams. Sure, it would be nice to import a PB from another world if needed but I'd rather the each team in each world was exclusive to that team / world.
3/26/2017 8:03 PM
Posted by tribewriter on 3/26/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):
I submitted a ticket on this very issue in May 2016. Here is the response I got from WIS:

"While we understand the want for more playbooks, we are currently happy with where it is at and have no plans to change this in a future update. We will save this as a suggestion, so that there is still conversation about the number of playbooks allowed. Thank you."
"We" are happy with it?! All those hundreds of teams they're managing are humming along nicely? Yeah. All those teams they're workin on? Gotta... gotta... gotta multiple defense and offense they're piloting with just a few playbooks, huh? Gotta... gotta really compelling system? And a fluid narrative arc to tie them all together? Rivals become friends, friends become rivals, and everyone is left a little better off for the competition? Yeah, no, totally. Can't wait to hear about it.

WTF does it matter whether WIS is happy with anything as far as gameplay goes? I mean, seriously? If the customers aren't happy, shouldn't that be the driving factor?
3/27/2017 3:21 PM
Makes sense to me VH !
3/27/2017 4:59 PM
Posted by vhoward415 on 3/27/2017 3:21:00 PM (view original):

"We" are happy with it?! All those hundreds of teams they're managing are humming along nicely? Yeah. All those teams they're workin on? Gotta... gotta... gotta multiple defense and offense they're piloting with just a few playbooks, huh? Gotta... gotta really compelling system? And a fluid narrative arc to tie them all together? Rivals become friends, friends become rivals, and everyone is left a little better off for the competition? Yeah, no, totally. Can't wait to hear about it.

WTF does it matter whether WIS is happy with anything as far as gameplay goes? I mean, seriously? If the customers aren't happy, shouldn't that be the driving factor?
Maybe so, but that still doesn't equate to the inmates running the asylum.
3/27/2017 6:19 PM

I'm with you. That's like complaining about your burger and the person at the serving station saying, "We are happy with it..."
3/27/2017 6:42 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/27/2017 6:19:00 PM (view original):

Maybe so, but that still doesn't equate to the inmates running the asylum.
Or paying customer's wants and needs driving innovation?
3/27/2017 7:13 PM
fox bought this site to get a simulation they could use to predict sports scores

they use it for that

fox doesn't care if it's 100%, they care that they can say they predict scores
3/27/2017 7:19 PM
12 Next ▸
Suggestion I put into the GD Suggestion Forum Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.