"I Have A Model"

predicts your win percentage

WP = 1/2

send it to marketing
3/27/2017 7:24 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/27/2017 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vhoward415 on 3/27/2017 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tribewriter on 3/26/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):
I submitted a ticket on this very issue in May 2016. Here is the response I got from WIS:

"While we understand the want for more playbooks, we are currently happy with where it is at and have no plans to change this in a future update. We will save this as a suggestion, so that there is still conversation about the number of playbooks allowed. Thank you."
"We" are happy with it?! All those hundreds of teams they're managing are humming along nicely? Yeah. All those teams they're workin on? Gotta... gotta... gotta multiple defense and offense they're piloting with just a few playbooks, huh? Gotta... gotta really compelling system? And a fluid narrative arc to tie them all together? Rivals become friends, friends become rivals, and everyone is left a little better off for the competition? Yeah, no, totally. Can't wait to hear about it.

WTF does it matter whether WIS is happy with anything as far as gameplay goes? I mean, seriously? If the customers aren't happy, shouldn't that be the driving factor?
Maybe so, but that still doesn't equate to the inmates running the asylum.
Inmates? Most people pay to play this game.

If they'd just said, "Thanks for the suggestion," and never did a thing, that'd be better than the paternalistic crap in the above response. "As long as you're living under my roof, you will live by my rules."
3/28/2017 12:10 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/27/2017 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vhoward415 on 3/27/2017 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tribewriter on 3/26/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):
I submitted a ticket on this very issue in May 2016. Here is the response I got from WIS:

"While we understand the want for more playbooks, we are currently happy with where it is at and have no plans to change this in a future update. We will save this as a suggestion, so that there is still conversation about the number of playbooks allowed. Thank you."
"We" are happy with it?! All those hundreds of teams they're managing are humming along nicely? Yeah. All those teams they're workin on? Gotta... gotta... gotta multiple defense and offense they're piloting with just a few playbooks, huh? Gotta... gotta really compelling system? And a fluid narrative arc to tie them all together? Rivals become friends, friends become rivals, and everyone is left a little better off for the competition? Yeah, no, totally. Can't wait to hear about it.

WTF does it matter whether WIS is happy with anything as far as gameplay goes? I mean, seriously? If the customers aren't happy, shouldn't that be the driving factor?
Maybe so, but that still doesn't equate to the inmates running the asylum.
What? Ignoring feedback from paying customers guarantees one thing for sure. Loss of customers. You're analogy of "inmates running the asylum" is myopic and shallow at best. Especially from a guy with no active teams in GD. Did the warden ban you from all activities in your free time?
3/28/2017 12:33 AM (edited)
Hop up and down all you like. It just looks silly.

Have you or anyone else considered that undoubtedly WIS is considering user input? Users seem to think that every idea that occurs to them is automatically the best idea since sliced bread, and therefore WIS should implement the idea immediately. That simply isn't so. WIS undoubtedly reviews all the user input and gives it the weight it deserves. That isn't "ignoring" user input at all -- far from it.
3/28/2017 12:33 PM (edited)
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/28/2017 12:33:00 PM (view original):

Have you or anyone else considered that undoubtedly WIS is considering user input? Users seem to think that every idea that occurs to them is automatically the best idea since sliced bread, and therefore WIS should implement the idea immediately. That simply isn't so. WIS undoubtedly reviews all the user input and gives it the weight it deserves. That isn't "ignoring" user input at all -- far from it.
Let's leave the commentary on the game to, you know, paying and playing customers. The ones who:

1. Actually have a stake in outcomes of WIS's decisions (or non-decisions, such as it is) on GD.
2. Actually have a sense of how certain restrictions or shortcomings of the game impact coachability.

If they are considering all input, may I suggest not offering horribly tone-deaf responses such as "We are happy with XXXXXX"?
3/28/2017 1:25 PM
Commentary from "paying and playing customers" such as yourself and myself and anyone else allowed to post in the forums ... and anyone else with a positive contribution. Constructive comments are always welcome, I would have thought that was clear from my post.
3/28/2017 3:55 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/28/2017 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Commentary from "paying and playing customers" such as yourself and myself and anyone else allowed to post in the forums ... and anyone else with a positive contribution. Constructive comments are always welcome, I would have thought that was clear from my post.
Yeah, you're "inmates running the asylum" comment was real constructive. When did you start working for WIS?
3/28/2017 4:04 PM
"Inmates running the asylum" isn't mine, it is a common idiom. It refers to the masses taking charge instead of the leaders, not just of an asylum but of any enterprise. Don't be so thin-skinned.
3/28/2017 5:07 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/28/2017 3:55:00 PM (view original):
That's fair enough. But unless you're hiding your true identity behind this alias, you commenting on GD with zero seasons played is a bit like having an Art Historian comment on the rigors and challenges of being a Formula 1 mechanic.

You telling us to calm down and comparing us to inmates in an asylum is about as far from constructive as it gets. I'm guessing you work for WIS in some capacity and my comments, and those of others, struck a tender nerve.

That's OK. Just be sure to take the message to next week's staff meeting that, hey, maybe your customers have a pretty good idea of what would improve this game. Also, the people responding to tickets should probably, like, know how the game *actually* works and not how it's written up in the release notes that oriole_fan hurriedly typed up five years ago on his way out the door before Happy Hour. (Hint: It often plays A LOT different than the standard-issue platitudes offered in ticket responses.)
3/28/2017 5:23 PM

top notch trolling.
3/28/2017 7:39 PM
Posted by samson75 on 3/28/2017 7:39:00 PM (view original):

top notch trolling.
spud is a well known aggitater on the HD forums. That wasn't good enough so he has to show up here. Troll indeed. Block him is the best you can do.
3/28/2017 7:46 PM
Fair enough, gt_deuce. Addressing your last post paragraph by paragraph ...

Plenty of people have multiple screen names. Even you may have done so.

I'm sorry you didn't understand a common idiom. Perhaps you have now learned its meaning and realize that no offense was intended or resided in my use of it.

I am confident that WIS staff recognizes that the OP requests double or triple the number of playbooks. I believe that any site staff that comments in the forums is identified as "site staff."
3/28/2017 8:12 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/28/2017 8:13:00 PM (view original):
Fair enough, gt_deuce. Addressing your last post paragraph by paragraph ...

Plenty of people have multiple screen names. Even you may have done so.

I'm sorry you didn't understand a common idiom. Perhaps you have now learned its meaning and realize that no offense was intended or resided in my use of it.

I am confident that WIS staff recognizes that the OP requests double or triple the number of playbooks. I believe that any site staff that comments in the forums is identified as "site staff."
I currently run two accounts, yes. And have in the past, as well. And I've been nothing but forthcoming in regards to these situations on all fronts. Perhaps you care to step from behind your curtain in similar good-faith?
3/29/2017 2:19 AM
Sure. In no worlds of either HD or GD do I have more than one team, nor do I know any of the other guys in any of the worlds where I have a team.
3/29/2017 2:56 AM
Posted by samson75 on 3/28/2017 7:39:00 PM (view original):

top notch trolling.
Would refusing to answer tickets be considered "ignoring user input"? I have sent 2 tickets in the past 2 years. I am still waiting for a response on both of them. I personally think if you don't have the answers about the game readily assessable, or you purposely remove forum threads where such answers could be found (beta threads), or you don't maintain any type of presence in the forums answering questions, you should expect an occasional inquiry on an annual basis. I expect you know this though. Like I said, top notch troll job.
3/29/2017 8:37 PM
◂ Prev 12
Suggestion I put into the GD Suggestion Forum Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.