Ticket I Submitted to Cust Service Topic

Sincerely, with respect to you who gets this question, Please consult with whomever would understand the Most how the engine works (Programmer ? or Whoever knows it best).
When customizing formation there is a box to check or uncheck for the TE.
It says Blocking Out.
1-If this is checked does this means it will help in Pass Blocking?
2-Will it help in Run Blocking ?
3-If it will help in Run Blocking , is this Mainly for running Outside(because the box is labeled Out) ?
We coaches are serious about this game and just want to understand things
that aren't obvious.
3/26/2017 9:12 AM
Great question mojo and one that obviously needs clarification. Let us hope that WIS customer support genuinely tries to explain in enough detail so that we can understand. It is an extremely gray area...
3/26/2017 10:29 AM
I hope so.
3/26/2017 10:35 AM
They will answer... the answer will probably be vague as always.
3/26/2017 10:55 AM
I remember sending in a ticket asking what happened if you checked the box for the TE to stay and block "out". All I recall was that the TE was added to the OL equation. I can't find the ticket and didn't press for more info as to whether it helped more for outside runs.
3/26/2017 5:25 PM
Fearfactor: That could actually Hurt your team depending on how they figure it with the TE added. If they average it, and your OL averages 68 blocking but your TE has 55 blocking , it could hurt. I would hope that aint what they do. But I'd certainly like to understand it better.
3/26/2017 7:32 PM
I looked and don't have or can't find the ticket about the TE, however, I do have one asking about adding a LB to line and the response was that the LB was added to the DL. and used as another DL so I'd venture to say my memory was correct and the TE would be added as an OL.
3/26/2017 7:59 PM
This will most likely go unanswered, or it will be answered partially and when you repeat the other questions your ticket will be sent to limbo. I suspect whoever is working at CS now has no real idea how this engine works. Frustrating, but I keep paying and playing so not worth complaining too much about it. At least during Beta we had a framework to understand the game with. Then it went live and they (mainly oriolefan) tinkered and changed things unannounced (he was shy I guess) and staff turned over and now nobody knows what is what anymore. Remember when they promised us a definitive game guide with version 3 that would answer all of our questions? Pretty funny stuff in retrospect. They are further from that guide now than they were on the first day of Beta I think.
3/26/2017 8:28 PM
Samson, I fear you are right. But hoping somene has a clue.
3/26/2017 11:39 PM
It's a major difference.

1. TE rating is added to OL total then averaged.
2. TE rating is added to OL and totaled

Two completely different scenarios. #1 would hurt you leaving TE in to block. #2 makes it worthwhile
3/27/2017 3:27 AM
Yup. Or it could be something Completely Different ? Frustrating not to know....
3/27/2017 4:21 AM
If you check that block outside tick box then they will NOT become receivers. They will block run/pass.
3/27/2017 8:29 AM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/27/2017 8:29:00 AM (view original):
If you check that block outside tick box then they will NOT become receivers. They will block run/pass.
I agree with that and I believe they add to stats of OL. The question is also imho about numbers. If their is a blitz, does the number of blockers affect the outcome? I.e. I leave the TE to block and their is a blitz...does the help or make no difference. If the TE is running a short route and their is a blitz, does this hurt the def? Sooooo many questions.....so many questions...
3/27/2017 9:40 AM
There is an additional factor here regarding how the OL and TE factor in. In my recollection, there is more INFLUENCE from the Tackles and the TE on OUTSIDE runs...vs more INFLUENCE from the G/C on INSIDE runs.

This level of "influence" has never been defined (as far as I know). So....looking at it as a full blown average of entire OL is probably incorrect. Probably.........

The question does become one of what is more important for a blocking TE....Blocking or Strength. Of course...knowing how they do figure into the overall equation is of primary usefulness.
3/27/2017 2:25 PM
I know if box is checked then TE will not receive. But my questions are Does it "Help" PB ? RB ? and if it helps RB does it just help running Outside since next to the box that is now checked it says Out ?

3/27/2017 2:58 PM
12 Next ▸
Ticket I Submitted to Cust Service Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.