Ticket I Submitted to Cust Service Topic

I agree with that and I believe they add to stats of OL.

Or, brings the numbers down because the line is treated as a unit (we have no clue). From what I can tell, I see no difference in my blocking performance (pass at least) with the TE in the game. It may very well affect blitzing, but I have yet to bring some sense of understanding (at least for me) for the results of a blitz.

nitros

3/28/2017 12:29 AM
I'm not saying this is the case here, but one thing to consider is that an extra blocker does not always result in fewer sacks. If you had advanced analytics to see how many receivers were considered on a given play, I would expect extra blockers to increase the amount of receivers that get a look, on average. But remember, for every extra blocker you have, you have one less receiver that needs to be covered, which allows for more coverage on your other receivers. All that to say that I wouldn't necessarily expect extra blockers to equal fewer sacks.
3/28/2017 10:19 AM
The more max protect blockers you have in the pass, the less likely you will give up a sack. Probably equates to having longer for the qb to progress in a non blitz situation. In a blitz situation, the te would be a balancer. Just like blitzing does not guarantee a sack while te's and rb's are running pass routes; having a te block 6 vs 3 does not guarantee QB safety. Probability is just increased.

As for te run blocking, I would suggest that it lowers the probability of the "stuff."

This is all speculation based on my play.
3/28/2017 1:06 PM
Still waiting on a response mojo?
3/29/2017 10:25 PM
Yup. Still waiting. I will report when I get their reply.
3/30/2017 12:47 AM
Here is my ticket from many moons ago.
4/25/2007 11:35 AM loudawg10
I am recruiting a big time blocking TE to use in the I-Formation. But i was thinking about the blocking back as well. I am wondering what is the difference in function between the TE and the blocking RB.

Do the blocking stats get averaged in with the OL for either of the positions? If not, how does the sim decide who is matched up blocking whom?

Does the TE ever run a pass route on a run play (faking play action or something of that nature)? Does the RB?

Thanks. Lou
4/25/2007 12:53 PM Customer Support
They both have their blocking averaged in with the OL. If it is a running play, then both are blocking and not running pass routes.
4/25/2007 1:52 PM loudawg10
thanks for the response...as a follow up:

does that mean on a given running play, there are 7 offensive players (5 OL, 1 TE, 1 RB) blocking 4 defensive players (if the 4-3 or 4-4)? Are LBs averaged in with the DL for running plays?

Thanks, Lou.
4/25/2007 2:15 PM Customer Support
Yes. LBs are not averaged into the DL --- they fill the gaps.
4/25/2007 2:36 PM loudawg10
if LBs fill the gaps, does anyone block them or does it then all hinge on the RBs ratings to either break the tackle or to elude the hit?
4/25/2007 4:06 PM Customer Support
It then comes down to the matchup between the RB and the LB --- assuming an LB is in position to make the play.
4/25/2007 6:33 PM loudawg10
i really appreciate your responses.

just so i understand...in the i-form...if the #2 RB has low blocking, could it actually negate any advantage the OL may have had over the DL? for instance, if the OL has a slight advantage over the DL head to head...and the lead blocker is averaged in (with very low block rating), and that is enough the average blocking of the OL down far enough to give the DL the advantage, would the DL then be more apt to stop the run, even though it is 7 guys blocking 4?
4/25/2007 6:48 PM Customer Support
No --- the way in which the RB is factored in it will not hurt the OL rating against the DL, only help. A poor RB will simply help less.
3/30/2017 1:18 PM
That is great information! Thanks for sharing.

nitros
3/30/2017 1:26 PM
Yup. Excellent. Thank You Loudawg !
3/30/2017 1:43 PM
It is from 2007.. so I don't know how much it still applies.
3/30/2017 1:56 PM
It is very old, but this was back when we used to get responses from people who were really well versed in how the game worked, often times from Joe himself. Take it for what it is, a look into how the engine was at that point in time. They may have completely redone how the units worked, they may not have. I have always believed that some of the underlying main components of the game, including the OL-DL interaction, did not change much between 2.0 and 3.0.
3/30/2017 2:37 PM
Thank you so much for this post. It is very helpful.
3/30/2017 4:50 PM
◂ Prev 12
Ticket I Submitted to Cust Service Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.