With all due respect, it only takes about 10 minutes a day.
9/11/2017 3:08 PM
Posted by tufft on 9/11/2017 2:42:00 PM (view original):
New ownership offers a glimmer of hope. SportsHub seems to understand making money on the internet. Something Fox Sports didn't care about doing.

Every minute every customer spends doing something boring, not fun, not strategy, no way to know if / how it's improving their fake or fantasy team, is time they're not checking out or buying more stuff from HubSpot. Or clicking on an ad on a HubSpot webpage.

Coach hiring is an economic drain on HBD, WIS, and SportsHub. Simplifying it puts money in their pocket.

So I'm going to hope the realize this, too.

If coach hiring is stressing you out that much, then you're doing something drastically wrong. As strikeout26 said, you shouldn't be spending more than 10 minutes a day on it. And that will get you good coaches.

It ain't rocket surgery.
9/11/2017 3:22 PM
10 minutes a day is on dial-up.
9/11/2017 3:29 PM
I don't get the belly aching. I don't particularly like it but I probably spend less than 20 minutes on the entire process. The thing I don't like is when I miss the budget and have 1,898,000 bucks left.
9/12/2017 1:19 PM
Exactly at least put the leftover budget into the player payroll
9/13/2017 4:58 AM
Make it so you can offer coaches up to a three year deal. That way you won't have to sign as many coaches each year.
9/16/2017 11:03 PM
I would like to see the coaching work the same way player free agency works. Sign the coach for the $ and term you want and place them in the position you want and allow us to promote and demote them as we need. That said coaching is such a small part of the game while improvements in scouting, IFA and budgeting could make the game far more interesting and is where I would hope the developers would spend their time.
9/29/2017 7:15 AM
Here's my two cents: In real life, coaches don't move. At the minor league level, sure, you have guys hustling, town to town, looking for the road to the bigs. In this game, that means promoting the cheapest coaches you have, which is opposite to real life. Then, in real life, when a guy gets to the bigs he stays there unless he's fired. There's no such thing as a great pitching coach who wants to see if he can get a better deal elsewhere, and there are coaches who stay in their jobs forever because they're friends with the manager or whatever.

Make it an option to simply rehire anyone and everyone you want to, which is what clubs do in real life.

9/29/2017 8:18 AM
I second that damag. You keep your guys as long as you want. Maybe if they want more money and you don't/can't give it to them, then they move on.

I'm also on board with getting the budget thing fixed. The transfer penalty is beyond comprehension. It's a yearly budget not a bank account.

9/29/2017 8:54 AM
Disagree on the budget "issue". It's not a glitch, it's a defining parameter of the game. It's a money management game. 165k here or there could make the difference in acquiring a difference making player.

If you didn't have to SET a budget, then you would. Not. Have. To. Set. ANY. Budget.

9/29/2017 10:20 AM
As far as the budget goes in real life a budget is a living document that changes on a regular basis and I don't understand the use of some of the line items. 50 penalty because events outside of your control changed. But changing how we budget would improve the game but the real change I would like to see is the IFA and scouting.
9/29/2017 12:29 PM
Posted by damag on 9/29/2017 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Disagree on the budget "issue". It's not a glitch, it's a defining parameter of the game. It's a money management game. 165k here or there could make the difference in acquiring a difference making player.

If you didn't have to SET a budget, then you would. Not. Have. To. Set. ANY. Budget.

But that still doesn't make sense, to me anyway... I get the training, medical, and scouting budgets but it's more logical, again in my opinion, that the rest covers salary for the season. I would just like to see player and coach payroll, and prospect bonus money come from the same pot.

Or, if that isn't going to happen then bripat's point should be considered. Any money from the transferable lines should be allowed to be moved with the 50% penalty remaining. If I have 600K left over from the coach budget, I"d like access to half of it. I don't think that would destroy the strategy of the game.
9/29/2017 1:34 PM
First, rehire BL coaches at a 10% pay raise every season until you don't care to pay his "demand".

Second, payroll, coaching, prospect are 1 category with required minimums so the "slow" folk don't spend all their prospect on payroll/coaching in the pre-season. Let's face it. It's cash. Once I spend my money on trainers, doctors and scouts before the season(and those need to be decided before the game actually starts), the rest is leftover cash.

FYI, I've done a 180 on #2.
10/1/2017 5:32 PM
I don't like making it a budget. I like hiring individual names. If I could only change one thing in coach hiring I'd make it so that any Minor League coach who hasn't received an offer on the last day of coach hiring will accept any job at any level--but he will always leave and look for a better opportunity after the season; and any ML coach who goes unhired will accept any job at any level the next season. The thing that drives me nuts is when some coach thinks my HiA job is beneath him (because he wants to work in AA) even though I'm offering him double his salary demands. C'mon man!
10/4/2017 3:45 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/11/2017 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tufft on 9/11/2017 2:42:00 PM (view original):
New ownership offers a glimmer of hope. SportsHub seems to understand making money on the internet. Something Fox Sports didn't care about doing.

Every minute every customer spends doing something boring, not fun, not strategy, no way to know if / how it's improving their fake or fantasy team, is time they're not checking out or buying more stuff from HubSpot. Or clicking on an ad on a HubSpot webpage.

Coach hiring is an economic drain on HBD, WIS, and SportsHub. Simplifying it puts money in their pocket.

So I'm going to hope the realize this, too.

If coach hiring is stressing you out that much, then you're doing something drastically wrong. As strikeout26 said, you shouldn't be spending more than 10 minutes a day on it. And that will get you good coaches.

It ain't rocket surgery.
If you're spending 10 minutes a day, you're making simplifying assumptions that may or may not be correct. And that's fine for you. But it's still 10 minutes of no fun every day. I'd rather not have to log into a game to do something not fun for 10 minutes every day for about a week. But that's me. Your life might suck. And that's fine for you.
10/17/2017 8:26 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.