D3 Playoffs Topic

chirp. Chirp....
3/27/2017 11:56 PM
So I planned on doing another great eight, but I am swamped at work. I apologize....blame it on Randolph Macon who knocked Menlo out today!!! Lol...I will try to get a later round posted asap.
3/29/2017 10:28 PM
Final four thoughts?

Ferrum is driving for a return to the NC and knocked out the defending champion. In addition, Ferrum has the most balanced O and Wittenberg is almost one dimensional. Let's be honest, they are... It will take a bit of luck for Wittenberg in this game, but don't count them out. I would take Ferrum, but I wouldn't bet the farm...OK, the livestock and the equipment but not the land.

Bartkowski was here last year with his Randolph Macon boys and returns a great team. I personally experienced the Millsaps scoring machine and it left black marks... Over/under is way too low as both these teams are averaging at least 58 points/game. The defensive coordinators at both schools have got to be considering resignation! My head says take bartkowski and that Randolph-Macon bunch, but the memories of my beat down by Millsaps has me pulling for them.

Grab your popcorn folks, these will both be high scoring, entertaining games.

Best of luck to all of the great teams and coaches that are left.
5/4/2017 11:37 PM
Incredible semi-final results. I hope you were able to tune in for the games. As expected, the defenses left the field with their tongues hanging out although the defensive coordinators were able to slow them down albeit slightly.

In a mild upset, Wittenberg built up a lead and then held on as Ferrum made a strong push at the end. As expected, Wittenberg threw the ball, then threw it again, and while somebody checked the ball pressures, they threw it again. 58 times with zero, yes, ZERO interceptions. My how times have changed in GD.

The balanced attack of the Ferrum offense did arrive, but they just waited a quarter too long to get rolling. End result was a nice win for the upstart Wittenberg program and another frustrating "almost" for Ferrum.

In the second game, Millsaps continued to pile on the points building a 14 point lead twice in the second half only to see it disappear with a little over 5 minutes to play as Randolph Macon roared into the lead. A quick three and out and Randolph Macon added another field goal to extend their lead to six with under 2 minutes left.

There was no panic for Millsaps though as they took the field needing a TD and PAT to win. Led by SR QB John Dwyer, the offense got a first down and then another but then things started to look bad. The offense sputtered at the RM 21. Coach Marlove called his second timeout to discuss the play with the entire offense huddled around him. The entire stadium was abuzz as they returned to the field.

The "Millsap Miracle" as Millsaps fans are calling the play then occurred. On 4th and 4, a John Dwyer 18 yard pass to Kenneth Hood running a wheel route put the ball on the 3 yard line with 16 seconds to play. With Millsaps trailing by 6, another quick timeout by Coach Marlove was followed by the same sideline scene. On the ensuing play, QB Dwyer drops to pass but catches the defense thinking pass the whole way. A late handoff to Justin Wallace who breaks a tackle in the backfield, then takes the draw play up the middle for the three yard plunge and we are tied at 30. K Ralph Lane drilled the PAT with 10 ticks left on the clock to seal the win for Millsaps. What a game.
5/6/2017 12:03 AM (edited)
Now, I guess I am supposed to pick the title game, but to be honest, it is way too close to call and could go either way. Both coaches are deserving and have fought hard to get here and along the way, they have defeated some great programs.

I wish them both luck and can't wait to see what happens.
5/6/2017 12:02 AM
Great game for Wittenberg. One hell of a goal line stand to ice the game! Congratulations to the Div III Champs.
5/6/2017 3:04 PM
Thanks holdaway. Enjoy reading someone else's thoughts. Go ahead and throw your score predictions out there.
Can we get a signing day preview and a preseason review.
5/9/2017 10:57 PM
Thanks man, but I am not sure I can pull that off..lol..I am still trying to catch the top 5 programs...
6/7/2017 9:41 PM
D3 Playoffs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.