Lowest AP's to Sign? Topic

What is the lowest AP you've used to sign a guy?

I just scooped up this guy:
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx?rid=3961285

20 first cycle.
5 second cycle which unlocked him.
5 third cycle in which he signed.

ATH, REB are blue
SPD, LP and PER are red
DEF, STA are black
FT is yellow
SB, BH, PASS and DUR are green.

Interesting note: the recruit preference on defense was man to man; yet his primary defense is zone. Which makes me wonder if the zone defense grade is exactly the same as man to man. Would be awesome if we could actually see the defensive grades, but I doubt that will ever occur.
3/29/2017 3:00 PM
I'll copy my response from your hijacked thread...

In all seriousness, and to answer your actual question, probably about the same as you. He was in my backyard with a "Close to Home" preference, and I was Good for Very Good on all his other preferences. Super easy.
3/29/2017 3:06 PM
I was more shocked that it only took 20 to get him to 92% he isn't a huge leap, D2 level recruit, which probably explains the easy time.
3/29/2017 3:11 PM
Yeah, that does seem quick. I assume his preferences really lined up with your team. Maybe his uncle went to Cornell and he's been waiting for your call since he was in the eighth grade.
3/29/2017 3:15 PM
Posted by pallas on 3/29/2017 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, that does seem quick. I assume his preferences really lined up with your team. Maybe his uncle went to Cornell and he's been waiting for your call since he was in the eighth grade.
+100
3/29/2017 3:20 PM
I got this guy for 35 APs. Absolutely no competition, not even from SIMs. Sometimes you get super lucky like that I guess... since 15 SIMs like to go for one guy and leave others untouched.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=14727&pid=3612413

Starting potentials

Green - SPD, Reb, Def, LP, Per, BH
Blue - ATH, ST, FT
Orange- BLK, Pass

What a steal.
3/29/2017 3:43 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/29/2017 3:43:00 PM (view original):
I got this guy for 35 APs. Absolutely no competition, not even from SIMs. Sometimes you get super lucky like that I guess... since 15 SIMs like to go for one guy and leave others untouched.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=14727&pid=3612413

Starting potentials

Green - SPD, Reb, Def, LP, Per, BH
Blue - ATH, ST, FT
Orange- BLK, Pass

What a steal.
That guy is going to be a monster.

The LP and PER alone; if either or both of those is on the higher end, the guy could reach 800.
3/29/2017 3:45 PM
My record is 33 AP's to get to the scholarship level.
3/29/2017 9:59 PM
Anyone have an opinion on the recruits defensive preference being different than his defense listed?
3/29/2017 10:01 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 3/29/2017 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Anyone have an opinion on the recruits defensive preference being different than his defense listed?
I thought it was silly to do it like that, but *shrugs* among the sins committed by seble, that would hardly approach the top 5.

I would prefer a player who starts with a higher IQ than one with a preference though if all else was equal.
3/29/2017 10:03 PM
Makes sense. Guy could be playing for a team that runs M2M in HS but would prefer to play an aggressive press or they play zone but he prefers M2M. Just because you play in a system doesn't mean you have to like it.
3/29/2017 10:28 PM
I have signed a couple guys at zero AP. Last cycle when Scholarships are open at your division level. Pretty sure they were both at the D2 level, although one may have been on the D3 level.

As an interesting side note, when I took over Charleston a few seasons ago, I also signed seven guys with AP only, and no recruiting cash. After the first one signed it was a challenge to see how many more would sign. Now granted, two had Sim recruiting dollar effort from part 1 Sim Coach, and one was a level one blind gift offer with absolutely no effort at the last cycle just to fill the slot (that dumb luck guy is still on Charleston's roster today and may start this year for the new Coach). I am just saying, that 3.0 recruiting has a few loop holes that can be used if you run short of cash or have multiple slots to fill at the last cycle.
3/30/2017 7:42 AM (edited)
Posted by blackdog3377 on 3/29/2017 10:28:00 PM (view original):
Makes sense. Guy could be playing for a team that runs M2M in HS but would prefer to play an aggressive press or they play zone but he prefers M2M. Just because you play in a system doesn't mean you have to like it.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I see it quite a bit.
3/30/2017 9:26 AM
Lowest AP's to Sign? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.